Montana

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:58 pm
I'm just curious to know how many Bush supporters there still are out there. Feel free to stop in and let us know who you are.

<I do mean President Bush>

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:10 am
oh....nevermind...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:49 am
Laughing
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:44 am
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

I'm just curious to know how many Bush supporters there still are out there. Feel free to stop in and let us know who you are.

That is so nice that you are "curious." Perhaps, it is not really any of your business, in some people's minds?

This question reminds me how parents might excuse their child asking people inappropriate questions by pointing out, "He/she is just so inquisitive."

Oftentimes the child is just nosy.

Now, if you would be more forthcoming and say why you are so curious/inquistive, you might get a better response?

McGentrix

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:04 pm
It's so they can pin the little yellow star on your shirt.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:10 pm
Personally I don't think you necessarily 'support' a person in any elected office. You support or oppose the initiatives/policies pushed or advocated by that person.

You can like or dislike the person for whatever reasons. When I read inside accounts about President Bush or during his brilliant humorous speech at the Alfred E Neuman dinner, or times like his press conference this morning, I still like the man. And there are components of his philosophy and policies that I can support. He also has some philosophical points of view and has supported policies which I strongly oppose. I give him credit where credit is due and criticism when he has proved to be inept/incompetent and/or shown poor judgment.

I think the media got some things right, and I think the media has fostered or promoted flat out lies about the man. There are times that he has made me proud. And there have been times that I have been very disappointed in him and/or very angry with him.

I do expect history to be more kind to him than his more virulent critics are or have been.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:23 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

We prefer if you sew it on. Less chance of error then.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:43 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

first of all it wouldn't be a gold star, it would look like this
http://images-cdn01.associatedcontent.com/image/A1091/109151/300_109151.gif

and it would be applied in the same manner i suggested we attach american flag pins to all politicians

place flag or elephant pin in middle of forehead

grab one of these
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e3/Nail_gun_sweden_20030918.jpg/800px-Nail_gun_sweden_20030918.jpg

load with 6.25 inch timber spikes, pow, everybody's happy, well maybe not everybody

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:07 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 is quite the violent individual, isn't he?

<raises hand ... waves at Montana>
Montana

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:11 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Montana wrote:

That is so nice that you are "curious." Perhaps, it is not really any of your business, in some people's minds?

This question reminds me how parents might excuse their child asking people inappropriate questions by pointing out, "He/she is just so inquisitive."

Oftentimes the child is just nosy.

Now, if you would be more forthcoming and say why you are so curious/inquistive, you might get a better response?

Yes, some (not all) people would feel it's none of my business and those can feel free to mind their business elsewhere.
Some people find it rude when someone goes into a thread to insult the auther for asking a simple question.

The question asks for a simple response, which a simple yes or no would work, so I wasn't looking for anything long winded.

Some would also consider it childish for someone to enter a thread to pick on a poster simply because that person doesn't see eye to eye with them. Don't you hate it when people do that? Yeah, me too.
Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:14 pm
Thank you all for your thoughtful responses. Carry on.

<waving right back at ya Tico Very Happy >
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:18 pm
@Ticomaya,
not really, for the record i suggest we attach flag pins, using this method, to all politicians of every party in every country

if we did this, we'd never have to worry about who supported who
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:24 pm
Love the staple gun Laughing
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:27 pm
The problem with supporting re party affiliation though is that sometimes one party gets it right and sometimes the other party gets it right and nobody within each party generally always marches in lockstep with the whole.

So rather than party affiliation, let's use some other criteria. Nicest smile? Most compelling eyes? Who is the most photogenic? Nicest singing voice? I mean something actually measurable. (Warning! I have my thwapper ready for any guys who want to measure cup size.)
Montana

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:46 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:58 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Love the staple gun Laughing

That's a nail gun ...

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 03:06 pm
Peeking in to see hoos hoo.
Montana

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 03:08 pm
Damn! You're right Tico. Sorry, my mistake.

That works too Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 03:10 pm
@edgarblythe,
Who's/what's hoos hoo? Laughing
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 03:30 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Who's/what's hoos hoo? Laughing

At least I didn't say hoo-hoos.