HAMAS intermingles with and masquerades as the innocent sheep
revel

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:40 pm
@H2O MAN,
Rolling Eyes
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 02:52 pm
@revel,

You are completely baffled by facts... I'm not surprised.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 04:37 pm
@revel,
revel wrote:
Are they really trying to say the UN is harboring and allowing Palestinian militants to fire from their UN headquarters and that justifies Israel shelling the UN headquarters? How in the world do they expect to be believed except by Israel apologist who thinks Israel of course could never do any wrong and now the UN is at fault for being shelled.

You don't really believe the U.N. every time it claims something do you?

I don't believe the Israelis 100% of the time, but I would not be idiotic enough to believe the U.N. 100% of the time either.

A note to Montana if she is still reading this, 72% of the people believe Bush is a good person, 75% for Laura. And my guess is that after a few months of Obama, Bush's numbers will go up even further.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,480056,00.html
Montana

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 04:41 pm
@okie,
I know I don't. I do endless research before I believe anything any political leader dishes out.

Why? I don't know <scratches head>
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 04:59 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
72% of the people believe Bush is a good person, 75% for Laura. And my guess is that after a few months of Obama, Bush's numbers will go up even further.

Recently, you seem to exhibit a weird obsession about how Bush is seen as a person. Rather than as a President, I might add. What's all of that about?
Montana

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:04 pm
@okie,
From your link Okie

According to a FOX News poll taken during Bush's final full week in office, 34 percent of Americans say they approve of the job he is doing and 58 percent disapprove.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:17 pm

History will treat GW Bush kindly and with respect no matter what you left wing loons say or do.

Now back to our subject... How many HAMAS leaders were killed today?
Montana

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:27 pm
@H2O MAN,
Here's your daily blood fix H2O.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090115/world/mideast_conflict_gaza_lead_wrap
old europe

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:28 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
History will treat GW Bush kindly and with respect no matter what you left wing loons say or do.

Given your track record as an oracle, the opposite is most likely going to happen...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:30 pm

GAZA CITY (AFP) - Israel killed a top Hamas leader on Thursday as tanks pressed into the heart of Gaza City setting landmark buildings ablaze, including a hospital filled with refugees that was engulfed in a ball of flames.

ADVERTISEMENT

Said Siam , interior minister in Gaza's Hamas government, was slain along with his brother and son in an air strike on the brother's house north of Gaza City, Hamas said, as its armed wing vowed to avenge his death.

His sister-in-law, bodyguard, and four neighbours also died in the strike, according to Gaza medics, who said more than 40 Palestinians were killed in fighting across the territory on Thursday.

The latest deaths pushed the overall toll past 1,100 and cast a heavy shadow over ongoing peace efforts.

A Hamas hardliner, Siam had created the Executive Force, a militia that played a key role in the Islamist takeover of Gaza in June 2007. He is the highest-ranking Hamas official killed since the war began on December 27.

The assassination came after a day of fierce fighting in which Israeli tanks rolled into the centre of Gaza City and forces struck a hospital, a media building and a UN compound, setting ablaze a warehouse filled with food aid.

A tide of terrified civilians, many gripping wailing children, fled the advancing Israeli troops inside Gaza's main city as warplanes pounded the impoverished Hamas-ruled enclave in a bid to stem Palestinian rocket fire.

Hundreds of people took shelter from fierce fighting in the Al-Quds Hospital in Gaza's Tel al-Hawa neighbourhood, but were forced to flee the facility after nightfall when it was engulfed in flames.

The building had been hit by an Israeli tank shell earlier in the day, causing part of it to collapse and igniting the blaze.

As the fire flared hours later, patients who had been wounded in the fighting could be seen struggling to get out of their beds only to head out into an icy night pierced by gunfire, according to an AFP photographer.

At least three babies in incubators and three people on life support were wheeled out into the flame-lit streets.

Despite the Israeli onslaught, Hamas militants continued to launch projectiles Thursday, sending two long-range Grad rockets crashing into the southern Israeli city of Beersheva and wounding five people, medics said.

At least 25 rockets and mortar rounds were fired from Gaza into Israel on Thursday, with Palestinian militants having launched at least 1,090 projectiles since the war began, according to the army.

As the battles raged on the ground, Egypt pressed ahead with Western-backed efforts to end the war in which an estimated 600 Palestinian civilians have been killed.

In what could be a major breakthrough, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni would travel to Washington to sign a memorandum on joint efforts to halt smuggling beneath the Gaza-Egypt border.

Shutting down the hundreds of tunnels beneath the frontier that form Hamas's main resupply route was one of Israel's chief war aims.

UN chief Ban Ki-moon arrived in Israel shortly before an Israeli tank shell hit the UN refugee agency's main Gaza compound, wounding three employees and torching a warehouse filled with tens of millions of dollars worth of aid.

Ban said he had conveyed his "strong protest and outrage" and demanded an explanation in talks with Israeli officials as part of a regional tour aimed at cajoling the two warring parties into a ceasefire agreement.

Olmert said that Israeli troops had shelled the compound in Gaza in response to fire coming from the building, charges denied by the UN refugee agency.

The European Union's Czech presidency joined a chorus of international protests at the strike, calling it "simply unacceptable," while Amnesty International said the strike could constitute a war crime.

Another Israeli raid hit a building housing several media outlets in central Gaza City, wounding two cameramen.

Since Israel unleashed its Operation Cast Lead, at least 1,105 people have been killed and at least another 5,130 wounded, according to Gaza medics. Among the dead are at least 355 children and 100 women.

Israel says 10 of its soldiers and three civilians have died as a result of combat or rocket fire in the same period.

Egyptian officials said Israeli envoy Amos Gilad responded "favourably" to Cairo's plan for a ceasefire, which would halt the fighting and the weapons smuggling and lift a crippling 18-month blockade of the territory.

An Israeli government spokesman said however no decision had yet been reached on the plan.

Hamas also has yet to reach a final decision, having said only that it does not reject the "broad outlines" of the proposal.

Former British prime minister Tony Blair, now the international community's Middle East peace envoy, said he was still hopeful for a ceasefire, saying the Egyptian plan contained all the necessary elements.

"I hope very much in a short space of time there will be a stop," he said.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:53 pm
@Montana,

Thank you!

The IDF continues to do an outstanding job... Bravo Israel!
Montana

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:57 pm
@H2O MAN,
I knew you would be so very overjoyed H2O. Why not throw a big party and let us know how many people show up.
mysteryman

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 05:58 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
So you oppose any type of border controls, is that what you are saying?
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:03 pm
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

okie wrote:
72% of the people believe Bush is a good person, 75% for Laura. And my guess is that after a few months of Obama, Bush's numbers will go up even further.

Recently, you seem to exhibit a weird obsession about how Bush is seen as a person. Rather than as a President, I might add. What's all of that about?

What its about is alot of us are fed up with the loony left whackos trying to paint George Bush into something he isn't. Its called "correcting the record, " oe, the record that the loony left tries to write over what is better known as common decency and common sense.

The loony left has been obsessed with destroying George Bush for the last 8 years, and this is a man that loved this country and did everything reasonable to protect the country, despite all efforts against him.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:08 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

From your link Okie

According to a FOX News poll taken during Bush's final full week in office, 34 percent of Americans say they approve of the job he is doing and 58 percent disapprove.

In case you missed it Okie.

Also, I'd like to add that I don't read much into polls, especially when they're directed only to a certain group of people. In this case it was only voters who were asked. Not enough voices heard in those polls, in my opinion.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:12 pm
@Montana,

Montana, you are a sick individual!
I bet you dance on the ashes of dead babies... ******* sick you are.
okie

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:13 pm
@Montana,
Agreement does not equal respect. I respect many people I do not agree with, many Democrats not in that category, while some are, same with Republicans. Bush, I disagreed with him on many things, but he deserves my respect whether I agreed with him all the time or not.

You can bring decency to the office, or you may not. Clinton brought disrespect to the office of presidency, and he in my opinion was the worst president in my lifetime. Hate the man, no, just do not respect him, and I thought he was incredibly bad for the country, and corrupt. Sorry to bring up Clinton, but he serves as kind of a baseline of comparison.

I think in the midst of pop culture, people need to stand up for decency.
Montana

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:13 pm
@H2O MAN,
Shocked Laughing Did I hit a nerve? Laughing
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:18 pm
@okie,
I am not a Democrat...and I am not a liberal.

But Okie...anyone who can find fault with Bill Clinton...who was a good president...and laud George W. Bush, who will more than likely go down in history as THE worst president...really has screwed up priorities.

Amazing!