Proposed Cease-Fire in Gaza

gollum

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2024 06:23 am
Unfortunately, wars are going on around the world: in Ukraine against Russia and the Houthis against Yemen (and shipping).

However, only in the Israel-Hamas war are there major protests in the U.S. calling for a cease-fire.

Why?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 311 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hightor

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2024 08:21 am
@gollum,
Quote:

However, only in the Israel-Hamas war are there major protests in the U.S. calling for a cease-fire.

Primarily because of the arms sales by the US, the extent of the death and destruction, and disagreement between domestic supporters and opponents of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians. Arguments for supporting Ukraine and protecting international shipping lanes, while not supported universally, have been easier to accept.
gollum

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2024 04:50 pm
@hightor,
If Israel had responded to the events of October 7th by attacking Iran instead of Gaza, would world opinion still be against Israel?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2024 09:17 am
@gollum,
Well, would you have been happier if that happened?
gollum

Reply Thu 22 Feb, 2024 05:06 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag-

I would hit back at the head of the snake (Iran), not the proxy (Hamas).
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2024 04:18 pm
@hightor,
hightor-

I believe the U.S. has arms sales to Ukraine.

I acknowledge the suffering of the Palestinians (because Hamas uses them as human shields). The Russian conscripts are also suffering.
0 Replies