THE WAR IN GAZA

Montana

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:02 pm
@okie,
I've said what I needed to say, but I refuse to keep going in circles. I have far too much to do than repeating myself over and over.

Obviously we don't share the same type of friends. I like people that don't wear blinders.

Have a nice time with your side kick H2O. If it were me, he's not exactly the one I'd want following me around to agree with me. Doesn't help your arguement very much, which is just my opinion of course.
H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:26 pm
@Montana,

Sidekick?

http://www.athenswater.com/images/H2OMAN_HERO.jpg
0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:28 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Okie, I expected someone would try to discredit me simply because I'm a peace keeper, but I think you did a lousy job. You can try to justify your stand in every which way you please, but it doesn't change facts.
I don't feed into propaganda and I tend to recognize it when I see it, unlike some.

So, you must think the majority of the people in your country are all victims of propaganda because it's the majority of people around the world who share my opinions on this. Along with this majority are countless of military personel, past and present, so I don't understand why some in the military or previously in the military feel the need to use this standing in any arguement pertaining to a battle they have/had no part of.

Are you involved in this battle? do you have inside information that we little people don't have access too?

How are you a "peace keeper"? In my opinion, I seem to read from your posts a lot of empathy for the Gazan casualties; however, that is not peace keeping, in my opinion.

0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:30 pm
@okie,
Well said, I believe.
0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

How pathetic are the Republicans, for us to have trounced you so?

Incredibly pathetic.

Your warmongering, America-cannot-do-wrong ways are out of style, Okie.

Cycloptichorn

The Democrats were never in office during a war?
0 Replies

Foofie

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:36 pm
Hey, let us see if after the number of troops increase in Afghanistan, if many liberals start complaining about that too. There is no satisfying all of the liberals, I believe. Many just want a world that resembles a kindergarten where everyone listens to the teacher and "plays nice," I believe.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:43 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

I'm a peace keeper

And so is this...

http://www.af.mil/shared/media/photodb/photos/021126-O-9999G-011.jpg
ebrown p

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:55 pm
@H2O MAN,
That's funny Waterboy.

I thought you didn't like the people who are firing rockets.

Now you are telling me that firing rockets is "making peace".

Go figure.
H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:02 pm
@ebrown p,

I figured you would get it wrong... I'm all for the IDF going on a Caribbean vacation as
long as they are Israeli citizens with rockets that they can fire at HAMAS as they wish.

The Peacekeeper is and entirely different kind of rocket, you and I both want them to stay in their silos.
0 Replies

Advocate

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:12 pm
With the war in Gaza, the 600,000 or so Muslims in Paris have focused their hatred on the small French Jewish population. Among many other incidents, fire bombs have been tossed at synagogues, and children are being attacked on regular basis. It may get worse.
0 Replies

okie

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:37 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

That's funny Waterboy.

I thought you didn't like the people who are firing rockets.

Now you are telling me that firing rockets is "making peace".

Go figure.

ebrown, have you ever heard of "peace through strength?"

Or have you ever heard of "Give me liberty or give me death?"
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 11:24 pm
http://www.survivalarts.com/images/peace_thru_superior_firepower.jpg
JTT

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 12:38 am
@H2O MAN,
Yup, that's worked well. Cuba, The Philippines, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chile, Venezuela, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Japan, Germany, ... is there any country where you haven't murdered people, raped women, had nuns and priests murdered, children napalmed, numerous innocents killed with phosphorus bombs, ...
Walter Hinteler

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 04:56 am
The Jerusalem Post says an umbrella group of Israeli human rights organisations is calling for a domestic inquiry into "suspected war crimes" committed during Operation Cast Lead:

Report by Jerusalem Post
0 Replies

revel

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:38 am
Quote:
Palestinian deaths in the Gaza Strip have passed 1,000, medical sources in Gaza say, as Egypt continues efforts to broker a ceasefire.

Nearly a third of the dead are reported to be children and nearly 5,000 people have been injured.

After talks in Cairo, Hamas officials said they were happy with the broad outlines of an Egyptian initiative but that details remained to be worked out.

Israeli negotiators are to visit Cairo to discuss Egypt's proposal.

The Ministry of Health in Gaza said 1,013 people have died in the conflict which started 19 days ago.

More than 300 of the dead are said to be children, 76 are women and more than 4,500 people have been injured, of whom 1,600 are children and 678 are women.

Thirteen Israelis have been killed, including three civilians and one soldier from rockets fired from Gaza and nine soldiers killed in fighting in Gaza.

source

Quote:
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) " Israel shelled the United Nations headquarters in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, the U.N. and witnesses said, engulfing the compound and the main warehouse in fire and destroying thousands of pounds of food intended for Palestinian refugees. The U.N. chief, in Israel for the day, demanded a "full explanation."

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, who is in the region to end the devastating offensive against Gaza's Hamas rulers, said the Israeli defense minister told him there had been a "grave mistake."

An Israeli spokesman said the bombardment, which left three people wounded, was under investigation.

"It was a very difficult combat situation in the immediate vicinity of the building. It could have been stray fire. It could have been Hamas fire. Israel does not target U.N. facilities or U.N. personnel," said the spokesman, Mark Regev.

source
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:52 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

is there any country where you haven't...?

What country are you in, can I have your coordinates?
revel

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:55 am
update

Quote:
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip " Israel shelled the United Nations headquarters in the Gaza Strip on Thursday, engulfing the compound and the main warehouse in fire and destroying thousands of pounds of food and humanitarian supplies intended for Palestinian refugees.

The U.N. chief, in Israel for the day, demanded a "full explanation."

A senior Israeli military officer said Israeli troops shelled after coming under fire from Palestinian militants inside the compound " an account dismissed by a U.N. official there at the time as "nonsense."

source

Are they really trying to say the UN is harboring and allowing Palestinian militants to fire from their UN headquarters and that justifies Israel shelling the UN headquarters? How in the world do they expect to be believed except by Israel apologist who thinks Israel of course could never do any wrong and now the UN is at fault for being shelled.
revel

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 08:57 am
@H2O MAN,
Why you planning to fire rockets in the name of spreading peace? Terrorist by any other name...
H2O MAN

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:14 am
@revel,
HAMAS defined.
revel

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 09:48 am
@H2O MAN,
Least they don't try to find flimsy excuses for their actions. I would rather face an admitted wolf than a wolf masquerading as a sheep.