THE WAR IN GAZA

Foofie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:38 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Foofie wrote:

President Bush did an admirable job of protecting the U.S. homeland from a second attack after 9/11. Having seen the burning towers on 9/11, and thought it was surreal, like the movie Towering Inferno, I only have praise for President Bush in protecting America, for the remainder of his term in office. God bless President Bush. In my opinion, every American should be aware of the gratitude he deserves. Non-Americans (aka foreigners) are exempt from such gratitude, obviously.

So where's Osama? What protection? He has done nothing but make you a bigger target!!! Hello!!!

Your point above is a non-sequitor, in my opinion.
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:45 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

To suggest I enjoy death, is an insult, and your comments about Bush is an insult. You are an insult to decency. I happened to participate in a war, so did my dad, and I have a close relative in Iraq at the present time. Perhaps you do not realize it, but you are mad at the wrong people, you have allowed yourself to be brainwashed by the whacko left. Talk about babies, are you in favor or abortion, typically your ilk is. I would like to believe you in regard to being a peacemaker, but I think you are a phony, Montana.

Looking at this from the other side, I vigorously opposed Clinton, and believe he cared more about himself than he did the country, but hate him, no, I do not hate the man. What you say about your hatred toward Bush says more about you than it does Bush, and it isn't pretty. You are one despicable individual. Again, I do not hate you, but you need help.

Back to Israel, I am in favor of Hamas laying down its arms, and if the Palestinians truly wanted peace, they would not have elected Hamas. Anyone that would strap a bomb on their child is a nutcase, Montana, and most of the terrorist organizations are so sick that that is what they promote, they teach hatred to their children.

If you're looking for a pat on the back for being in a war, you won't get it here. You talk as if this is something you're proud of.
Of course anyone who straps a child to a bomb is a nutcase, but no worse than the rest of the nutcases who bomb schools, etc....So, what's your point.

Bush went into Iraq bombing the place, killing thousands of children for no good reason, while supporters like yourself cheered him on, yet you think I need help.

Your kind of delusion is frightening!
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:46 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Foofie wrote:

President Bush did an admirable job of protecting the U.S. homeland from a second attack after 9/11. Having seen the burning towers on 9/11, and thought it was surreal, like the movie Towering Inferno, I only have praise for President Bush in protecting America, for the remainder of his term in office. God bless President Bush. In my opinion, every American should be aware of the gratitude he deserves. Non-Americans (aka foreigners) are exempt from such gratitude, obviously.

I second that statement, foofie. I think it highly appropriate for us to speak out for him, and put the nutjobs in their place with their idiotic pronouncements of him being a war criminal or whatever. They are totally unhinged with their own hatred, that is my opinion for sure.

You can only wish you could put me in what you call "my place"! Dream on Laughing
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:48 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
All that would be needed to stop the killing is for the Palestinians to agree to quit shooting rockets, attacking Israel, and to stop importing arms. The solution is simple, but it won't happen.

He's doing it again. The cognitive dissonance is amazing.

All that would be needed to stop the killing is for the Israelis to agree to quit fomenting terrorism, return stolen land, to stop importing arms and to move to Oklahoma.

I say the US, in keeping with its much vaunted sense of fairness, arm Palestine in the same fashion that they arm Israel.

Both of your solutions would work; neither will be effected.

I do not think though that the Israelis would like Oklahoma anyway. Nor would they like to be herded here or there. In the past that was done by the local prince, king, or Czar. No one else was allowed to have such powers over the Jews. We might have some princes, kings, or Czars on A2K?
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:48 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Montana wrote:

Foofie wrote:

So where's Osama? What protection? He has done nothing but make you a bigger target!!! Hello!!!

Your point above is a non-sequitor, in my opinion.

How so? Laughing
0 Replies

Foofie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:50 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

mysteryman wrote:

You do realize that Gaza shares a border with Egypt, and Egypt closed the border with Gaza, Israel didnt.

Why arent their Muslim brothers helping Gaza?

Why is it you want to close the borders with Mexico? They are Christians as well. Shouldn't we all get along and have open borders?

Cycloptichorn

You might not realize what a politically incorrect comparison that might be; however, could there be a similarity, inasmuch as both countries cannot maintain an economy to feed their own?
0 Replies

Montana

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:23 am

GAZA (Reuters) - Israeli troops edged closer to the heart of Gaza City on Wednesday morning and international organizations expressed growing concern about the plight of children trapped in the offensive.

As the assault against Hamas militants entered its 19th day, the Palestinian death toll rose to 971, Gaza's Health Ministry said, counting some 400 women and children among those killed.

Israel says 10 Israeli soldiers and three civilians hit by Hamas rockets fired across the border have been killed.

Sporadic explosions, machinegun fire and the wail of ambulances pierced the night after Israel's senior general said more work lay ahead for his troops in their stated mission of stopping the Hamas rocket attacks.

The head of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) visited the densely-populated Palestinian enclave on Tuesday and said what he saw was shocking.

"It is unacceptable to see so many wounded people. Their lives must be spared and the security of those who care for them guaranteed." ICRC President Jakob Kellenberger said.

He urged both sides to spare civilians and let aid workers do their work.

"Injured people cannot wait for days, or even for hours, before being treated. The work of medical personnel must be respected and this is not negotiable," he said.

The United Nations children's' rights body said the impact of the conflict on children was devastating.

"Hundreds of children have been killed or injured, many seriously. Many others have lost their loved ones," the U.N. Committee on the Rights of the Child said in a statement.

Conventions on protecting children has been blatantly violated, it said, singling out the Israeli shelling of a U.N. school in a refugee camp which killed about 30 people.

The chief U.N. aid official for Gaza appealed to the international community to protect Gaza's civilians, saying nowhere in the territory of 1.5 million people was safe any longer with the conflict becoming "a test of our humanity."

"All the people, the first thing they say to me and the last thing they say to me is 'Please, we need protection, nowhere is safe," John Ging, director of operations for the U.N. Relief and Works Agency, told reporters in Geneva by videolink.

More: http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/090114/world/international_us_palestinians_israel
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:41 am

The IDF needs to just keep on killing off the members of HAMAS.
revel

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:10 am
@H2O MAN,
Even Israelis know that they will not be able to knock out Hamas as they have already admitted. So far, what Israel is doing is killing hundreds of innocent people and knocking out what little infrastructure they have left in order to kill just a few Hamas and destroying some rockets. I just do not see the sense in this offensive from Israel and their total lack of humanity is appalling notwithstanding Hamas own behavior.

It is not as if Hamas or (Palestine) has an army with army bases and if you knock out their army you destroy their ability to fight. They come from the people and fight among the people, whoever you kill another can easily take their place and their weapons are such that they can easily be replaced no matter how weakened they are a the end of the offensive.

]Hamas May Survive Offensive, Israel Says

Quote:
JERUSALEM, Jan. 14 -- Israeli military officials said their 19-day offensive in the Gaza Strip had weakened Hamas but that a knockout blow was unlikely. The conflict showed no signs of ending Wednesday as diplomats reported little progress in negotiating a truce.

H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:18 am
@revel,

I think the IDF has done an outstanding job and they should continue pounding away
at HAMAS, at least until the Palestinians unite and eliminate HAMAS on their own.
revel

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 08:59 am
@H2O MAN,
Israel is doing an outstanding job of killing almost 1,000 people 292 are children. It is not something to brag about and be proud of. It is shameful.
H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:09 am
@revel,

What is shameful is that the Palestinian people allowed HAMAS to attack and
kill Israeli's from within it's borders and the world let them get away with it.
It is shameful that some do not support Israels right to defend itself.

It's a shame that HAMAS did not consider what a real military (IDF) is capable of.

It is shameful that more people do not condemn HAMAS and fully support Israel.

revel

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:34 am
@H2O MAN,
What are they supposed to do, water boy? Hamas lives and operates inside Gaza; there is only a little strip of land and just so many places to go to be safe. What places innocent civilians have tried to go to Israel has bombed them too. Palestine has a right to elect whoever they want and a right to fight for their land and freedom just the same Israel does. Hamas and other militant Palestinians do not have a right to shoot rockets or suicide bombs on innocent Israelis, but then Israel does not have a right to collectively punish Gaza because they don't like who they elected.
H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:41 am
@revel,

It's H2O MAN, and Israel has every right to go after HAMAS or any other group that threatens them.

Collateral damage happens, but if you really want to level the playing field take the advice I offered earlier in this thread...
Pull the IDF back and have them stand down, them arm Israeli citizens with missiles that they can fire into GAZA just as HAMAS fires missiles into Israel.

0 Replies

okie

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 10:42 am
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

If you're looking for a pat on the back for being in a war, you won't get it here. You talk as if this is something you're proud of.

Thats fine, not asked for, I merely mentioned it to let you know that I have experienced war, I do not address this subject in ignorance, as some other people may be tempted to do.

Quote:
f course anyone who straps a child to a bomb is a nutcase, but no worse than the rest of the nutcases who bomb schools, etc....So, what's your point.

Again, you read believe too much liberal propaganda. By the way, there were lefty peaceniks in the WWII era as well, and if they had their way, Adolf Hitler and his cronies would have massacred a few more million people. War is not the favored path, but at times it is necessary to stop the despots and maniacs, one of which was Saddam Hussein, who would have probably murdered a few more tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that opposed him. Here is a thought you might want to consider, war does have unintended consequences, but the decision not to fight evil also has unintended consequences, that also cause death and mayhem, and if you are going to be on that side of things you must also take responsibility for its consequences.

Quote:
Bush went into Iraq bombing the place, killing thousands of children for no good reason, while supporters like yourself cheered him on, yet you think I need help.

Your kind of delusion is frightening!
You are the delusional one. Bush never killed a single child intentionally. Inasmuch as war has always, and will always have unintended consequences, many of our own soldiers die due to friendly fire, so misplaced firepower is nonpartisan, but I would say the military has greater ability to deliver more precise and exact surgical strikes against the actual bad guys than ever before. And inasmuch as terrorist types entire operational strategy is to blend into the public, not wear a uniform, and use civilians, women, and children to do their dirty work, use schools and religious facilities to store weapons and fire weapons, as the cowards they are, they are to blame for any collateral damage that is unintended. MONTANA, some things are not touchy feely perfect in this world, EVIL exists, I suggest you wake up to reality.

Montana, I know you consider yourself enlightened, a peace loving person, and so with it, I suggest you are totally naive in terms of human nature and the stark realities of the world.
H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 11:05 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Montana, I know you consider yourself enlightened, a peace loving person, and so with it, I suggest you are totally naive in terms of human nature and the stark realities of the world.

Thumbs up on that reality check.
0 Replies

Montana

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 04:33 pm
Okie, I expected someone would try to discredit me simply because I'm a peace keeper, but I think you did a lousy job. You can try to justify your stand in every which way you please, but it doesn't change facts.
I don't feed into propaganda and I tend to recognize it when I see it, unlike some.

So, you must think the majority of the people in your country are all victims of propaganda because it's the majority of people around the world who share my opinions on this. Along with this majority are countless of military personel, past and present, so I don't understand why some in the military or previously in the military feel the need to use this standing in any arguement pertaining to a battle they have/had no part of.

Are you involved in this battle? do you have inside information that we little people don't have access too?

okie

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:03 pm
@Montana,
I don't know who you talk to, Montana, but the people I know certainly do not feel the same way you do at all. Based upon history, I do not believe at all that you can make any kind of a case at all that we have abused people, in fact we have conducted one of the most clean and precise operations in the history of war. If you consider the hundreds of thousands of troops that have cycled through Afghanistan and Iraq, and considering anything abusive will be on tv the next day, there has been precious little abuse. I have personally talked to soldiers that have been there, and that are there now, what are your sources? In fact, when these people come back and hear what is reported, they wonder if it is about the same place they were. The press in this country is so biased, it is pathetic. To be accurate, nobody in their right mind would claim there has been no abuse or unfortunate stray bombs, if that were the case it would be the first time in history, it isn't possible, but the U.S. Military is currently one of the most technically prepared and precise fighting force ever assembled, that is my opinion.

And again, the left mantra against Bush is shameful. Bush is a decent man, and he took his job seriously, to protect this country and its citizens, something that his predecessors sadly did not do. That is the real news that never was investigated to the extent that was deserved.

There is a large number of people that voted for Obama, that are everyday folks, that simply got sucked into the change business, lets give the Democrats a chance, but no way do the lefties have the majority of voters in this country. A large number of people voted against Bush, but make no mistake, they respect the man and do not hate him. The silent majority will, I hope, speak out the next time, and sweep the pathetic Democrats out of power.
Cycloptichorn

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:10 pm
@okie,
How pathetic are the Republicans, for us to have trounced you so?

Incredibly pathetic.

Your warmongering, America-cannot-do-wrong ways are out of style, Okie.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:28 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

Somebody needs a nap... Laughing
0 Replies