THE WAR IN GAZA

Cycloptichorn

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:05 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Where have I (or anyone else) ever said that the border with Mexico should be closed?
Find even one post from me claiming that, or admit you made it up.

EVERYONE is saying the border should be controlled, but that is a long way from closed.

Are you kidding? 'Closing the borders' is one of the sacred cows of the Right Wing. That's what putting up a wall means, MM. It doesn't mean that nobody can go back and forth, ever; it means that there are no open borders, people cannot go back and forth as they please.

Cycloptichorn
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:15 pm
Its obvious the Israel haters here won't be satisfied until the nation state is eliminated. It is no secret that the Palestinians have not, and will not seek peace without the end game being realized. When Arafat was in charge, he would talk peace to the world, then go back to tell his people something totally different. Things will not change until total victory is obtained, either Israel, the nation, is eliminated, or Hamas and like organizations are totally destroyed or pushed completely away from Israel's borders so that they cannot continue to do what they do. It would be nice if all the money and resources thrown to armamants to attack Israel would be placed instead into helping themselves, but again, I don't look for that to happen.
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:20 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

You do realize that Gaza shares a border with Egypt, and Egypt closed the border with Gaza, Israel didnt.

Why arent their Muslim brothers helping Gaza?

I was ready to respond to this, but Frank beat me too it saying everything I needed to say.

Thanks Frank.
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:20 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:24 pm
@okie,
I'm not an Israel hater. I have absolutely nothing against the people. It's their leaders I have issues with and am sure the majority feels the same. I can't speak for others though.
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:30 pm
@Montana,
Montana, alot of the problem with people like yourself that do not understand the basic premise of the conflict is that the Palestinian organizations like Hamas do not want peace, they are dedicated to eradicating Israel. If you do not recognize that basic fact, you will never be able to understand what is going on.

My personal opinion is that eventually the entire world, led by the U.N., will at some point advocate ending the Israeli nation, the very same organization that established the latest situation there after WWII, to fix the problem. I don't know how long in the future that will be, but that is the trendline that has been heading in that direction now for a while, and the election of Obama does not bode well for Israel.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:42 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Montana, alot of the problem with people like yourself that do not understand the basic premise of the conflict is that the Palestinian organizations like Hamas do not want peace, they are dedicated to eradicating Israel. If you do not recognize that basic fact, you will never be able to understand what is going on.

My personal opinion is that eventually the entire world, led by the U.N., will at some point advocate ending the Israeli nation, the very same organization that established the latest situation there after WWII, to fix the problem. I don't know how long in the future that will be, but that is the trendline that has been heading in that direction now for a while, and the election of Obama does not bode well for Israel.

That is not the basic premise of the conflict, Okie. The conflict existed before Hamas did; it began when one group of people forcibly displaced another, with the blessing of the US and Europe, in order to try and solve a problem. Everything that has occurred since flows from this initial error in judgment; and it's an error which is firmly rooted in old-world thinking.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:50 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Please don't say that I don't understand because you truly have no clue as to what I know and what I don't.
I do the research before I open my mouth and I ask questions where I need too.
As Cyclo points out, I think it's you who doesn't understand the situation over there!
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:17 pm
@Montana,
Okay, what are you in favor of then? Do you favor the Israelis giving up their country? That is, you know, the basic question here. Also, Cyclops, its that what you now favor, do you favor rolling back what the U.N. did in 1948, and sending the Israelis somewhere else?
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:27 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Okay, what are you in favor of then? Do you favor the Israelis giving up their country? That is, you know, the basic question here. Also, Cyclops, its that what you now favor, do you favor rolling back what the U.N. did in 1948, and sending the Israelis somewhere else?

No, I don't favor any of those. I've said several times what I favor and it's very annoying when I have to keep repeating myself.
I'll say it one more time. I'm in favor of removing both governments in place now and replacing them with neutral parties, since that's where the problem is.
It doesn't make any sense to relocate anyone because the problem is not with the civilians. The civilians are civil with eachother, so it only makes sense to me to remove the governments in place since they are the ones who created the problem and persist in continuing this childish and deadly game.
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:31 pm
@Montana,
How bizarre of a solution! Do you think either the Palestinians or Israel are going to accept a neutral party? Your solution is a joke, Montana. Instead of two areas fighting each other, you would then have more fighting each other. Do you not realize it was the people that voted in the terrorist organization, Hamas, which is known to be dedicated to destroying Israel? And Israel is a democracy, the government is not going to be able to exist long without public support. And all Israel is doing is defending itself, something any country would probably do.
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:48 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

How bizarre of a solution! Do you think either the Palestinians or Israel are going to accept a neutral party? Your solution is a joke, Montana. Instead of two areas fighting each other, you would then have more fighting each other. Do you not realize it was the people that voted in the terrorist organization, Hamas, which is known to be dedicated to destroying Israel? And Israel is a democracy, the government is not going to be able to exist long without public support. And all Israel is doing is defending itself, something any country would probably do.

How would you know what they would or wouldn't accept or what would happen, for that matter?

Most people didn't know Bush was such a monster when they voted him in, including myself, so it's so easy to vote the wrong way when you have these lying sacks of **** feeding you everything they know their little puppets want to hear, then do the opposite once they're in.

You can blame them for voting in a bad leader all you like, but the same thing applies everywhere. Bush has lost the respect of most because of his war crimes and I would never blame anyone who voted him in. People didn't know he was so blood thirty at first because, well, how could they?

They know now, but still can't take any blame. You can't blame people for being misguided.
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:51 pm
@Montana,
Your post shows you for what you are, a nutcase. Bush is a decent man, take your garbage and pitch it at someone else, Montana.
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:58 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Your post shows you for what you are, a nutcase. Bush is a decent man, take your garbage and pitch it at someone else, Montana.

One of us may be a nutcase okie, but.....Oh, never mind. I don't feel the need to tell people what they already know!

I'll pitch what I want, where I want, thank you very much!

Bush is the biggest war mongering, child killing, lying sack of the smelliest **** present on this planet and I'll pitch that everywhere I can for the rest of my living days!
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:01 pm
@Montana,
You are seriously unbalanced, and full of hatred. And true to form, most of the Bush haters also have affection for Palestinian terrorists. All of this is troubling to say the least, that there are actually people out there that think like you do, but sadly I am compelled to believe you are after reading the posts here. I do suggest you go see somebody to deal with your anger however, you could be a danger to yourself or others.
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:17 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

You are seriously unbalanced, and full of hatred. And true to form, most of the Bush haters also have affection for Palestinian terrorists. All of this is troubling to say the least, that there are actually people out there that think like you do, but sadly I am compelled to believe you are after reading the posts here. I do suggest you go see somebody to deal with your anger however, you could be a danger to yourself or others.

You're a joke! Of course I'm angry and I hate the man who has caused so very much death and destruction! I wouldn't be normal if I wasn't angry.
I'm actually a very cheerful gal (not always) who gets along with most everyone she meets.

If the mass killing of innocent babies turns you on, then all the power to you, but I'm one of those people who my friends would call a peace keeper. I was and still am the first one to jump in the middle of a fight in an attempt to stop it. Thankfully, I was always able to reason with both parties, which ended the fight and I never even got a scratch.

If killing turns you on, then I'm worried you could be a danger to yourself or the rest of us. Maybe some day you'll get bored with seeing all that death on tv and decide you'd like to kill someone yourself. On that note, I think it may be a good idea for you to see someone about this before you decide to get that taste of blood first hand and it spirals out of control, leaving you needing more and more blood, just like your buddy Bush!
Foofie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:29 pm
@Montana,
President Bush did an admirable job of protecting the U.S. homeland from a second attack after 9/11. Having seen the burning towers on 9/11, and thought it was surreal, like the movie Towering Inferno, I only have praise for President Bush in protecting America, for the remainder of his term in office. God bless President Bush. In my opinion, every American should be aware of the gratitude he deserves. Non-Americans (aka foreigners) are exempt from such gratitude, obviously.
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:32 pm
@Montana,
To suggest I enjoy death, is an insult, and your comments about Bush is an insult. You are an insult to decency. I happened to participate in a war, so did my dad, and I have a close relative in Iraq at the present time. Perhaps you do not realize it, but you are mad at the wrong people, you have allowed yourself to be brainwashed by the whacko left. Talk about babies, are you in favor or abortion, typically your ilk is. I would like to believe you in regard to being a peacemaker, but I think you are a phony, Montana.

Looking at this from the other side, I vigorously opposed Clinton, and believe he cared more about himself than he did the country, but hate him, no, I do not hate the man. What you say about your hatred toward Bush says more about you than it does Bush, and it isn't pretty. You are one despicable individual. Again, I do not hate you, but you need help.

Back to Israel, I am in favor of Hamas laying down its arms, and if the Palestinians truly wanted peace, they would not have elected Hamas. Anyone that would strap a bomb on their child is a nutcase, Montana, and most of the terrorist organizations are so sick that that is what they promote, they teach hatred to their children.
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:35 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

President Bush did an admirable job of protecting the U.S. homeland from a second attack after 9/11. Having seen the burning towers on 9/11, and thought it was surreal, like the movie Towering Inferno, I only have praise for President Bush in protecting America, for the remainder of his term in office. God bless President Bush. In my opinion, every American should be aware of the gratitude he deserves. Non-Americans (aka foreigners) are exempt from such gratitude, obviously.

So where's Osama? What protection? He has done nothing but make you a bigger target!!! Hello!!!
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 10:38 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I second that statement, foofie. I think it highly appropriate for us to speak out for him, and put the nutjobs in their place with their idiotic pronouncements of him being a war criminal or whatever. They are totally unhinged with their own hatred, that is my opinion for sure.