THE WAR IN GAZA

okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 08:59 am
@revel,
If you are worried that Obama might not abandon Israel, your worries might be unfounded, only time will tell for sure.
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 09:51 am
@okie,
Just a matter of time before the world follows the lead of the inspiring leader of Iran. Mauritania and Venezuela have already seen the light.

"Iran Calls On All Nations to Cut Ties With Israel"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,479749,00.html
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:37 pm
And the killing continues! Almost 1000 dead with 400 being women & children.
okie

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:51 pm
@Montana,
All that would be needed to stop the killing is for the Palestinians to agree to quit shooting rockets, attacking Israel, and to stop importing arms. The solution is simple, but it won't happen.
JTT

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:59 pm
@okie,
Quote:
All that would be needed to stop the killing is for the Palestinians to agree to quit shooting rockets, attacking Israel, and to stop importing arms. The solution is simple, but it won't happen.

He's doing it again. The cognitive dissonance is amazing.

All that would be needed to stop the killing is for the Israelis to agree to quit fomenting terrorism, return stolen land, to stop importing arms and to move to Oklahoma.

I say the US, in keeping with its much vaunted sense of fairness, arm Palestine in the same fashion that they arm Israel.
masterk17

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 01:43 pm
@JTT,
Quote:

JTT wrote:
All that would be needed to stop the killing is for the Israelis to agree to quit fomenting terrorism, return stolen land, to stop importing arms and to move to Oklahoma.

Neglecting the Oklahoma part, i think thats one good solution, and how i love to see both parties armed in the same way, Total destrucion, that will get us rid of he whole thing
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:26 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Are you kidding me? Ok, so Palistinians are suppose to sit back and slowly die from lack of food and supplies, which Israel prevents from getting to them? I wouldn't and I doubt anyone else would either.

From everything I've seen, it looks like the Israel government are the only ones over there who would agree with you. Their own people are ashamed of their government, so since they don't support their own government, it's a good thing they have you here defending them.

Do you know what it's like to have starving children? Neither do I and you can bet your bottom dollar that if my child was starving due to the cruelty of my neighbour, I'd fight to the bitter end to feed my child!

On the same note, it's their government who is sending their kiddie bombs into Israel, not civilians, yet it's the innocent who get to pay the price for the governments war games.

You cut off the food supply to my family and you'll see what I'd do! I'd make the people in Gaza look like saints! I wouldn't be sitting back waiting for my useless government to carry the burren, like in Gaza. I'd be fighting with everything I had. After all, in a situation such as this one, I'd have nothing to lose. You sit back and do nothing, you die. You fight, you die. So you can either die slowly of starvation sitting back and hoping for the best or you can die quickly fighting for your right to live. I'd fight!

The only solution I see is to rid of both governments and put in 2 neutral parties.
Cycloptichorn

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:44 pm
@Montana,
Word. I'd fight too.

Better to die quick than die slow under the boot of a people who seem determined to starve you out.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:45 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Are you kidding me? Ok, so Palistinians are suppose to sit back and slowly die from lack of food and supplies, which Israel prevents from getting to them?

Why can't the Palestinians take care of their own?
Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:46 pm
@masterk17,
masterk17 wrote:

Quote:

JTT wrote:

Neglecting the Oklahoma part, i think thats one good solution, and how i love to see both parties armed in the same way, Total destrucion, that will get us rid of he whole thing

Oh, so you you have no particular side you're taking, which means you simply like the taste of other peoples blood. I never want to know what it's like to have so much hate.
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 02:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Montana wrote:

Are you kidding me? Ok, so Palistinians are suppose to sit back and slowly die from lack of food and supplies, which Israel prevents from getting to them?

Ah, maybe if their basic living needs were allowed to get to them, they could take care of their own. Israel doesn't allow food into Gaza, how the hell do you suggest they take care of their own? It really doesn't take a rocket scientist!
H2O MAN

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 03:10 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Montana wrote:

Ah, maybe if their basic living needs were allowed to get to them, they could take care of their own.

The people of GAZA are totally dependent on other countries for food?
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 03:20 pm
@okie,
Okie wrote:

Quote:

In other words it is all right for the Israelis to take land by force...and keep it...but it is not all right for the Palestinians to try to take land by force???

Really!

I understand the passion involved here and despite what you might think, I empathize with it...but there is absolutely no understanding from your side of this issue about how the Palestinians feel.

The Palestinians do not want Israel to exist there.

That is their right!

There is no code from any god that dictates that Palestinians cannot want Israel not to exist where it is.

And the only way now open to them to try to accomplish the end of getting rid of Israel in that area...is to do what they are doing.

And make no mistake about it…they are going to keep doing it.

I said earlier that if I were a Jew"I’d be doing exactly what the Jews are doing"and if I were an Arab, I'd be doing exactly what the Arabs are doing.

But now I think I should add: If I were an Arab, not only would I be doing exactly what the Arabs are doing...I'd also be hoping the Israelis keep doing exactly what they are doing. Recruitment posters for Arab dissidents probably don’t work. They need a much, much more forceful and effective recruiting campaign. And the best one I can think of…the one I’d be rooting for if I were an Arab…is for Israel to continue doing what it is doing.
H2O MAN

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 03:32 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

In other words it is all right for the Israelis to take land by force...and keep it...but it is not all right for the Palestinians to try to take land by force???

I have not seen any indications that HAMAS is intent on taking land by force... HAMAS is intent on murdering Israelis and nothing more.
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 03:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hamas intends to eliminate Israel. The murdering of Israelis is not as much their intent...as it is an avenue to their intent.

0 Replies

Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Montana wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Montana wrote:

Ah, maybe if their basic living needs were allowed to get to them, they could take care of their own.

The people of GAZA are totally dependent on other countries for food?

They are dependant on food which comes from outside of Gaza, just like the rest of us who are dependant on impoted food, not other countries food. Once it's paid for, it's yours, right? duh!

They need more than food going in as well, including medical supplies, etc and the reason why they're not getting it is because Israel won't let the stuff in. I don't understand why you can't seem to get that!

Israel denied access to ambulances for 2 days after their mass killing of all those innocent children and it really doesn't get any lower than in my reality!

mysteryman

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:50 pm
@Montana,
You do realize that Gaza shares a border with Egypt, and Egypt closed the border with Gaza, Israel didnt.

Why arent their Muslim brothers helping Gaza?
Frank Apisa

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:52 pm
@mysteryman,
Mysteryman wrote:
Quote:
You do realize that Gaza shares a border with Egypt, and Egypt closed the border with Gaza, Israel didnt.

Mostly, I think, it is because they are a bunch of jackasses.

So now...what do we do about jackasses these days?

Does slaughtering them seem a good idea?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 05:55 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Why is it you want to close the borders with Mexico? They are Christians as well. Shouldn't we all get along and have open borders?

Cycloptichorn
mysteryman

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 06:03 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Where have I (or anyone else) ever said that the border with Mexico should be closed?
Find even one post from me claiming that, or admit you made it up.

EVERYONE is saying the border should be controlled, but that is a long way from closed.