THE WAR IN GAZA

Foofie

Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:20 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Why don't you make an offer to take them and supply the land necessary somewhere in fertile America, instead of defending the stealing of others lands.

They did not steal land. It was given to them based on the largesse of Britain and the UN. Do not listen to revisionist historians. I would not want you to start believing there was no Holocaust.
JTT

Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:38 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
It was given to them based on the largesse of Britain and the UN.

Well, let's rectify that horrendous mistake and move them to those countries that are their most ardent supporters.
Foofie

Sun 11 Jan, 2009 10:02 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

Well, let's rectify that horrendous mistake and move them to those countries that are their most ardent supporters.

No can do. Jews are not commodities. Not that I think it should happen, but realistically, it would be easier to move the Palestineans, since they do not have high tech indurstries, like the Israelis, that the world depends on.
Montana

Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:17 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Hey Montana, what's with this agreeing with me stuff? That never happened before !

Hey yeah, I know! What the hell is up with that? Well, I'm glad because I kinda like ya Very Happy
0 Replies

masterk17

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:34 am
@Foofie,
I believe that you suffer fanaticism Foofie.
masterk17

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:36 am
@JTT,
Totally agree with you JTT, and I wonder would any one else agree to give up even an inch of fis land for some one else, I believe that if what you are saying happened, we will all have some sort of peace of mind, instead of this buzz that we have to get through every once and a while.
0 Replies

masterk17

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:56 am
@Foofie,
So we can't move the Israelains because they are not commodities, but we can move palastinians, oh thats realy pretty fair, and since when bieng not able to develope high technology is a reason to destruct a whole country and culture, so that give us a region to destroy the vatican !!!!!! .., use your common sense Foofie before posting.
FreeDuck

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:17 am
@georgeob1,
Glad to see you here, georgeob1.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:31 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

They did not steal land. It was given to them based on the largesse of Britain and the UN. Do not listen to revisionist historians. I would not want you to start believing there was no Holocaust.

http://able2know.org/topic/127639-1#post-3526234
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:43 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:

I don't think that's really the answer any more than I think removing all the Palestinians to Jordan is the answer (no doubt the one that Foofie would prefer, second only to having a permanent underclass of non-citizens whose lives are controlled by Israel). There really are only two acceptable solutions -- a just and equitable partition into two autonomous states with adequate natural resources for each, or a single secular state with a constitution that demands equality among all of its citizens. All other "solutions" require ethnic cleansing or apartheid.
Advocate

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:43 am
Palestine is not, and never was, a country. There was the British Mandate, which the UN divided in two. Israel formed a legitimate and recognized country in the West. The Pals will not accept a country in the East, but is holding out for the entire territory. In fact, the Pals have never produced a map that shows the existence of Israel. To do so, of course, would recognize the existence of Israel.
FreeDuck

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 09:45 am
@Advocate,
What are the borders of Israel?
0 Replies

Foofie

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:31 am
@masterk17,
masterk17 wrote:

I believe that you suffer fanaticism Foofie.

No. I suffer from occasional sinus headaches. But, my posts reflect the fact that my nominal knowledge of European and American history has led me to believe that regardless of how good the U.S. has been to Jewish Americans, the world does not seem to reflect such benevolence, and Jews need someplace to live by themselves, autonomously.

Are you really in Egypt?
0 Replies

Foofie

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:39 am
@masterk17,
masterk17 wrote:

So we can't move the Israelains because they are not commodities, but we can move palastinians, oh thats realy pretty fair, and since when bieng not able to develope high technology is a reason to destruct a whole country and culture, so that give us a region to destroy the vatican !!!!!! .., use your common sense Foofie before posting.

I specified that I did not want to move Palestineans, just that it is easier than moving Israelis, and with less impact on the modern world.

I would like Palestineans to live where they are, and end the facade that they are a people. They are Arabs, just like the Arabs that invaded Egypt, and made Egypt an Arab state. In other words, Palestineans could become citizens of other neighbors, and still live where they are. Unless I am totally wrong, these so-called Palestineans have not built up their areas for the last 60 years, other than some apartment buildings. Where is their economy? Where is their water-works, electric plants? I believe, the western nations have had to spoon feed them to move forward as a voting democracy. I would hope they one day have the pleasure to pridefully enjoy Egyptian and Jordanian citizenship, yet live exactly where they are (or expand into new towns in the Sinai Peninsula).
Advocate

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:42 am
The crack conservative war correspondent, Joe the Plumber, can't understand why Israel did not strike Hamas sooner. He has nothing but contempt for Israel's critics. http://news.aol.com/article/joe-the-plumber-reports-from-israel/301454?icid=200100397x1216522059x1201069352

He follows in the footsteps of that other famous conservative journalist, Jeff Gannon, crack reporter and male prostitute.
0 Replies

Foofie

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:43 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

JTT wrote:

Quote:

I don't think that's really the answer any more than I think removing all the Palestinians to Jordan is the answer (no doubt the one that Foofie would prefer, second only to having a permanent underclass of non-citizens whose lives are controlled by Israel). There really are only two acceptable solutions -- a just and equitable partition into two autonomous states with adequate natural resources for each, or a single secular state with a constitution that demands equality among all of its citizens. All other "solutions" require ethnic cleansing or apartheid.

I never said I would prefer Palestineans to be a permanent underclass of non-citizens whose lives are controlled by Israel. Please do not misquote me.

I would prefer them to become Egyptian and Jordanian citizens, living right where they are (or expanding into new towns in the Sinai Peninsula).

So many people think that Israel has a desire to play Roman overlord with the Palestineans. If they understood the Jewish mindset they would understand that many Jews prefer, oftentimes, to have as little to do with Gentiles as possible.
FreeDuck

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:52 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I would prefer them to become Egyptian and Jordanian citizens, living right where they are (or expanding into new towns in the Sinai Peninsula).

So you want Egypt and Jordan to take land as part of their own countries?

Quote:
So many people think that Israel has a desire to play Roman overlord with the Palestineans. If they understood the Jewish mindset they would understand that many Jews prefer, oftentimes, to have as little to do with Gentiles as possible.

Leaving aside the many doors opened by your second sentence, I do not believe that Israel wants to play Roman overlord but that they are forced into it by their schizoid state of being -- that of being a Jewish and democratic state, necessitating a Jewish majority -- and by their extremist factions who insist on a Greater Israel (with the Jordan river as its eastern border).
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:57 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

masterk17 wrote:

I specified that I did not want to move Palestineans, just that it is easier than moving Israelis, and with less impact on the modern world.

Easier for the Israelis, of course.

Quote:
I would like Palestineans to live where they are, and end the facade that they are a people. They are Arabs, just like the Arabs that invaded Egypt, and made Egypt an Arab state. In other words, Palestineans could become citizens of other neighbors, and still live where they are.

'Arab' is not a nationality. You might as well say that Jews are not a 'people,' b/c they are Semites, so should just consider themselves to be Semites and that's it. Borderline racist speech from you.
Quote:

Unless I am totally wrong, these so-called Palestineans have not built up their areas for the last 60 years, other than some apartment buildings. Where is their economy? Where is their water-works, electric plants?

Are you ******* kidding us? They have no water. They have no real natural resources. No access to shipping through a port city. No industry. No financing or underlying infrastructure. What do you expect them to 'build up?' This is one of the dumbest and most insulting things you've ever written, Foofie; you're blaming the prisoners for not making the prison a nicer place on the inside, when it's your people who have starved and choked them off from the outside world.

Quote:
I believe, the western nations have had to spoon feed them to move forward as a voting democracy. I would hope they one day have the pleasure to pridefully enjoy Egyptian and Jordanian citizenship, yet live exactly where they are (or expand into new towns in the Sinai Peninsula).

Would you agree to the removal of ALL Jewish settlements from the West bank, complete and unbroken borders for the Palestinians, and access to shipping through a port or two? That is what will be necessary for peace.

Cycloptichorn
masterk17

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:58 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
I never said I would prefer Palestineans to be a permanent underclass of non-citizens whose lives are controlled by Israel. Please do not misquote me.

I think you are playing some sort of video strategic game, and should the palestineans, Egyptians and Jordinians sacrifice for the sake of Israel, and if so, I wonder how we can justify this, and what that thing about Sinai Peninsula!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:00 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I would like Palestineans to live where they are, and end the facade that they are a people. They are Arabs, just like the Arabs that invaded Egypt, and made Egypt an Arab state. In other words, Palestineans could become citizens of other neighbors, and still live where they are.

The English invaded North America -- that doesn't make me English. The Portuguese invaded and colonized Brazil -- those people are not Portuguese. Likewise the Arabs invaded North Africa (among other places) but those people are not ethnically Arabs. They share a language and a religion. If the native Americans asked for their land back as recompense for their years of suffering, would it be ok to ask that all of us here who are not native American go and live in one of the many many other Anglo nations?

Quote:
Unless I am totally wrong, these so-called Palestineans have not built up their areas for the last 60 years, other than some apartment buildings. Where is their economy? Where is their water-works, electric plants?

I think it would be highly unusual to see such developments under occupation. Do you seriously wonder why they don't have these things or are you being deliberately obtuse? Have you thought about it at all?

Quote:
I believe, the western nations have had to spoon feed them to move forward as a voting democracy.

A democracy requires a state.