THE WAR IN GAZA

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 09:07 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Thank you H2O for proving just how childish you really are.
Tends to enlighten people some.

Your enlightenment is just a click away ~ Canadian Bacon

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 09:25 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/03/Canadian_Bacon.jpg/200px-Canadian_Bacon.jpg
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:26 pm
@Montana,
Quote:
I can't believe how some can justify the mass killing of innocent people (in this case 1/3 children) for any reason what so ever.

You mean like people that try to justify abortion?
JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:35 pm
@mysteryman,
Not even close, MM, but nice try.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:37 pm
@JTT,
abortion also kills innocent people, IMHO.
You may not think so, but I do.

JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 11:40 pm
@mysteryman,
Another thread, another time, MM. This is about the terrorism heaped upon the innocents of the world by countries like the USA.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 03:31 am
Leading British Jews call on Israel to halt 'horor' of Gaza
Quote:
A group of Britain's most prominent Jews has called on Israel to cease its military operations in Gaza immediately, warning that its actions, far from improving the country's security, will "strengthen extremism, destabilise the region, and exacerbate tensions inside Israel".
[...]
Prominent rabbis, academics and political figures are among the signatories, including Rabbi Dr Tony Bayfield, head of the Movement for Reform Judaism; Sir Jeremy Beecham, former chair of the Labour party; Professor Shalom Lappin; Baroness Julia Neuberger; Rabbi Professor Marc Saperstein, principal of Leo Baeck rabbinical training college; and lawyer Michael Mitzman, who set up Holocaust Memorial Day Trust for the Home Office.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:04 am

IDF are going after the hidden missile factories - this will be a house-to-house search and destroy mission.
Extremely dangerous for the IDF, but a dirty job that must be done.
0 Replies

masterk17

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 07:56 am
@Foofie,
I think that whats going on between the 3 of you now is a live example for whats going on in this Gaza strip thing, as it is always found that any some issues have to occur while trying to solve the situatution outtheir, am not judging nor criticizing anyone or any culture, but ive just been always wondering why do people blame the reaction, not the action , taking into concideration that its a continious non stop series of action and reaction as well
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:04 am

The IDF is going to finish the job and the Palestinian people are helping them.

Bravo Israel!
Bravo to the people of Palestine!
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:22 am
@H2O MAN,
Yes, yes, yes....yet another indication that Israel's problems are finally over. Now the world can move on to other things.

Whew! What a relief.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:23 am
fortunately , ho2 is the exception to the majority of americans who i have found to be very caring and decent human beings .
unfortunately , ho2 believes that he represents the majority of americans .
fortunately , there are still more of the good ones , allowing me to pick and choose .
hbg
Advocate

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:30 am
It would be wonderful were there a way to transport Israel's critics to parts of Israel under Hamas rocket fire. They would quickly learn how unbearable living in such places is.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 09:36 am
@hamburger,
hamburger wrote:

Fortunately , H2O MAN is like the majority of Americans ... very caring and decent human beings.

HBG, thank you for the kind words!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 10:12 am
we'll send a pair of glasses to ho2 from the collection of used glasses for people in underdeveloped nations - i'm sure they won't mind giving up a pair of glasses for a good cause .
hbg Smile
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 10:38 am

My vision is fine and I see HAMAS getting eradicated from GAZA.
Foofie

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:37 am
I wonder if there are any career military in other countries that are thinking, "Those Jews get all the action!"

In other words, anti-Semitism can blame Jews regardless of what they do. "Damned if they do and damned if they don't, so to speak."

Anyway, it is incorrect for anyone to say the civilian casualties in Gaza are "mass killings." No. They are casualties from each attempt to get the militants that are firing rockets in civilian areas.

Notice that the militants are employing rockets. In other words, they are not leading a cavalry charge against the Israeli military. That would be too direct, I believe. Playing cat and mouse amongst the Gaza civilians is just so noble a way to strike Israel (obvious sarcasm).

The problem with replying to those that are anti-Israel on the forum, is that on the internet, with its obvious anonymity, one does not know whether the poster MIGHT be:
- an idealogue of various anti-west persuasions.
- someone with relatives in the Arab world.
- an old fashioned anti-Semite (Jews can do no right).
- a lover of the perceived underdog of any conflict.
- an individual that has co-religionists in Moslem countries, and for the safety of those co-religionists, it is thought that the world should not think that all in that religion are pro-Israel.
-a bleeding heart liberal that feels the pain of any current conflict, and will not subscribe to logic, only the emotion of one's empathy.
-a gay activist that perceives Judaism as anti-gay.
-someone who resents that the U.S. has allowed its nominal Jewish population to participate, in the democratic process, to the extent that Jews appear to have a disportionate amount of influence in the country.
-an individual that wants to identify with the young, cool, hipsters that might be perceived as anti-Israel, and left leaning in politics.
-an individual that does not want to see Arab oil cut off from his/her country, if the Arabs think that everyone in his/her country is pro-Israel.
-an individual that looks upon the EU as very much in competition with the U.S., and therefore, anything that undercuts the U.S. foreign policy is good.
-an individual that once had a date with a Jewish person that did not show up.

So, there are so many possible co-reasons, including others not mentioned, I am sure, that MIGHT be involved when a poster is anti-Israel. Non of which are known, when responding to an anti-Israel post. Naturally, the fallacious logic of so many posts focus on the civilian casualties, or the denial of Israel's right to exist. In effect, the posting is taking sides with Hamas, since its stated goal is the oblivion of Israel, and only by emphasizing horrors that Israel may be committing, can the world believe that the stated objective of Hamas is reasonable.

And to all a good night.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:44 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
My vision is fine and I see HAMAS getting eradicated from GAZA

only with a long term Israeli occupation of Gaze in order to prop up their stoogies the Palestinian Authority, whose credibility has been greatly weakened these last weeks.
Quote:
In his first statement on the fighting, Mr Abbas angered many Palestinians by saying the Israeli attack could have been avoided if Hamas had renewed the ceasefire of the preceding six months - and by dubbing rocket attacks on southern Israel "acts of foolishness".

And, as many see it, his jetting around for talks with world leaders has, like his past year of peace talks and expanding co-operation with Israel, delivered little of substance.

"The Israeli onslaught on Gaza has further undermined the credibility of the PA," says political analyst George Giacaman of Birzeit University.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7821349.stm
FreeDuck

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 11:59 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

We could have watched the same episode of Seinfeld, and come away with two different feelings as to what was funny. To explain ruins it.

Sounds to me like "its a Jewish thing, you wouldnt understand". Kind of lame.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 11 Jan, 2009 12:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
My vision is fine and I see HAMAS getting eradicated from GAZA

only with a long term Israeli occupation

I don't see the need for a long term occupation, but Israel needs to do what it needs to do.
0 Replies