@Foofie,
Quote:
You really have no vested interest in what America does

WHAT? JTT is an American....no?
JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:07 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:

You may not truly understand the American brand of patriotism.

I truly do. I've described it in a number of posts. Unthinking repetition of fallacious concepts drilled into easily molded young brains. That's truly sad.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:07 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
I think of it as the opinion of a foreigner - I value the opinion of Americans more.

The indoctrination clearly works. It's sad that young minds are forever frozen at such a juvenile level.

Oohh, Oohh; you sound like a sophisticated European, in my opinion.
JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:10 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:

Oohh, Oohh; you sound like a sophisticated European, in my opinion.

Your comments clearly illustrate just how deleterious your education system is to the thinking abilities of the average American.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
You really have no vested interest in what America does

WHAT? JTT is an American....no?

Sorry, JTT; I was replying first to Montana, and then got your posts confused.

0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O, you make no sense to me, so I've said what I needed to say and won't be running in circles with you.
Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:24 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Montana wrote:

[
Wow!!!! It's very scary to me knowing there are so many people out there who feel the same as you do. I don't ever want to know how it feels to have so little regard for innocent human being. How can you not imagine yourself in the same position others are in. I use to think it was natural to put yourself in someone elses shoes before forming an opinion, but I found out soon enough that we all don't share that ability that I use to think was natural.

Not being an American you might need to familiarize yourself with this:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice for all."

I, and all other students, said it every day for nine years, right hand over the heart, facing the American flag, while in the lower grades. By the time I was in the military during the Vietnam Era, there was no confusion about my country.

I will not comment on your country, inasmuch as our birds get to procreate in your arboreal forests.

I was born in the state of Massachusettes and spent the first 36 years of my life there, which is why I'm here now Laughing

You know what you can do with your flag Wink

I'm not the patriotic type, so you won't see me making an ass out of myself trying to protect the honor of any stupid flag. Too much pride can be extremely destructive, as we all see.

At least we have a pretty flag Razz
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:26 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

http://weblogs.elearning.ubc.ca/ross/archives/headbar6.jpg

You're sick Rolling Eyes
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:27 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

H2O, you make no sense to me

It's all so damn confusing isn't it Laughing

No worries, I have faith that you will someday figure things out.

0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:29 pm
@Foofie,

[/quote]
You are entitled to your opinion; however, I think of it as the opinion of a foreigner - I value the opinion of Americans more.
[/quote]

So, how do you like my opinion now? Laughing

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:30 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

http://weblogs.elearning.ubc.ca/ross/archives/headbar6.jpg

You're sick Rolling Eyes

Laughing http://www.worth1000.com/entries/28000/28185_w.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:32 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

JTT wrote:

Here is yet another prime example, Foofie, of the rampant stupidity that this type of indoctrination engenders. Y'all rant and rave about communist propaganda and you do the same damn thing.

That you see it surfacing in h2oman should come as no surprise whatsoever.

You may not truly understand the American brand of patriotism. Just like I do not truly understand the allegiance to the Commonwealth. I do not judge you; why do you judge Americans? You really have no vested interest in what America does, unless you know something I do not know?

Speaking for myself, I judge the governments, not the people under it. They have no control.
Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:39 pm
Thank you H2O for proving just how childish you really are. Tends to enlighten people some.

Funny, you're the only person I ever knew to dislike Canada. I guess our government doesn't provide you with that quality action you require in your life.
JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:47 pm
@Montana,
Quote:

Speaking for myself, I judge the governments, not the people under it. They have no control.

Montana, these are supposed to be thinking adults. Some have obviously escaped the indoctrination but clearly others haven't. "For the people, by the people" and they still have no control. Clearly there's something seriously amiss.
Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:50 pm
@JTT,
Oh, that can't be more obvious! At least to those of us who see it.

What a crazy world we live in. <sigh>
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:51 pm
@Montana,
Montana wrote:

Foofie wrote:

JTT wrote:

Here is yet another prime example, Foofie, of the rampant stupidity that this type of indoctrination engenders. Y'all rant and rave about communist propaganda and you do the same damn thing.

That you see it surfacing in h2oman should come as no surprise whatsoever.

You may not truly understand the American brand of patriotism. Just like I do not truly understand the allegiance to the Commonwealth. I do not judge you; why do you judge Americans? You really have no vested interest in what America does, unless you know something I do not know?

Can I assume you have the moral authority to judge foreign governments? Do you make your judgements known beyond the make-believe world of the internet?
JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:52 pm
@JTT,
You know what the scariest thing is; that this festering cesspool of mindless drones is there for the next politician, no matter how stupid and there've been some real doozies, to whip into a frenzy of uber-nationalism and who pays the price.

Well now it's the Iraqis and the Afghans.

Count the numbers killed in each illegal invasion and compare those to the numbers killed on 9-11.
JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:54 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:

Can I assume you have the moral authority to judge foreign governments. Do you make your judgements known beyond the make-believe world of the internet?

A little chink in the propaganda shield and you know not where to go, Foofie. Didn't they give you a toll free number to call one of your old grade school teachers? Surely they can help you repair the shield.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 08:57 pm
@Foofie,
Oh, so all of us here on the internet must be just a figment of you imagination.

That explains why your opinions don't make sense to me!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 09:01 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

You know what the scariest thing is; that this festering cesspool of mindless drones is there for the next politician, no matter how stupid and there've been some real doozies, to whip into a frenzy of uber-nationalism and who pays the price.

Well now it's the Iraqis and the Afghans.

Count the numbers killed in each illegal invasion and compare those to the numbers killed on 9-11.

And still counting.
0 Replies