THE WAR IN GAZA

mysteryman

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:26 pm
@Montana,
Quote:
You call them wars, but I call them terrorist asts against innocent people.

Tell me, which one of these was a terrorist act?...

The Revolutionary war
The war of 1812
The war with the barbary Pirates
The Civil war
The Spanish American war
The Mexican war
WW1
WW2
Korea
Vietnam

Please explain how those were ALL terrorist acts, and what you would have done to prevent them.
mysteryman

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:32 pm
@FreeDuck,
Quote:
Specifically, Hamas's charter is as relevant as Likud's charter to this conflict.

But Hamas is the government in Gaza, and Likud is only PART of the govt of Israel.

BTW, here is part of the Likud charter...

http://www.knesset.gov.il/elections/knesset15/elikud_m.htm

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:35 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
Specifically, Hamas's charter is as relevant as Likud's charter to this conflict.

But Hamas is the government in Gaza, and Likud is only PART of the govt of Israel.

Hamas is also only Part of the government in Palestine; you say 'Gaza' as if it was an independent place, whole unto itself.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:54 pm
Foofie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

mysteryman wrote:

Quote:

Do you see Israel invading the West Bank? No. So, Hamas is the government of Gaza. And that is where Israel is effecting a solution to rockets coming from Gaza.

Hamas is also only Part of the government in Palestine; you say 'Gaza' as if it was an independent place, whole unto itself.

Cycloptichorn

Not only did you post incorrectly, your post is nonsensical and ignores the reality of the situation your people have forced the Palestinians into.

Cycloptichorn
Foofie

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:56 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I either posted incorrectly, or the post shows that I am a dummy sitting on the ventriloquist's lap.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:57 pm
@Foofie,
You deleted your post, but not before I captured it. Excellent work.

I'm not going to argue that you aren't a dummy, if that's what you are looking for.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:08 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:
You call them wars, but I call them terrorist asts against innocent people.

Tell me, which one of these was a terrorist act?...

The Revolutionary war
The war of 1812
The war with the barbary Pirates
The Civil war
The Spanish American war
The Mexican war
WW1
WW2
Korea
Vietnam

Please explain how those were ALL terrorist acts, and what you would have done to prevent them.

I can't form an opinion on those because I wasn't around in those days, but I can surely form a nice opinion on the attack of Iraq and if you'd like, we could also talk about desert storm. These days we have this wonderful thing called the internet and a million tv stations where the world can see things they couldn't see back in those days.
People are fed the biggest piles of bullshit from our governments today, so what should make me think that yesterday was any different?

The Americans killed my uncle in WW2 and we cringe when they call it "friendly fire"!
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:12 pm
And this, folks, is why I say the problem will never be solved!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:16 pm
You're right Frank (great to see ya :-D).

Peace.............
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:53 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

... a dummy sitting on the ventriloquist's lap.

Do we have a picture of O boy sitting on Clinton's lap?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 07:58 pm
@mysteryman,
The FBI defines terrorism as:

The unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

Away we go.

Quote:

MM asked: Tell me, which one of these was a terrorist act?...

The Revolutionary war

Clearly an act of terrorism. It was unlawful and it was directed against "a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

The war of 1812

The continuation of previous terrorist acts.

The Spanish American war

Numerous acts of terrorism against the lawful government of a number of countries. After taking Cuba and the Phillipines, the USA started long reigns of terror against the civilian populations.

The Mexican war

Another in a long line of terrorist acts wherein the USA "unlawful use of force or violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a Government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives".

WW2

The fire bombing of Japanese cities was a clear war crime against the civilian population. The head of all the bombing raids admitted that had the USA lost the war he easily could have been tried as a war criminal.

The dropping of two atomic bombs was more acts of terrorism.

Finding this stuff is child's play. You should get someone to read some of these historical accounts to you, MM.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 08:04 pm
Thank you JTT. I knew there was a whole can of worms mixed into those so called "wars", but I never studied them to be able to comment.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 09:31 am
@mysteryman,
Hamas won the election but was only part of the Palestinian government until the Israeli government (and the US) divided them. Abbas is the president and his party is Fatah, not Hamas. Hamas is and Likud are both powerful political parties in their respective governments. Any deeper comparison is not really possible due to the fact that the Palestinians have never had sovereignty. So if Hamas's charter is relevant then so is Likud's.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 09:38 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

O.K., I guess I can consider the rockets landing on Israel over the past eight years was sort of a Semitic Welcome Wagon to long lost Semites? Now I understand. Perhaps, the babka was crushed, in the nose of the rocket, when it landed?

Let me know if you would like to phrase this in a language that I can understand. I've read it three times, and while I'm sure it sounds cute to you, I can't see how it has anything to do with my post.
Foofie

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 10:41 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

Foofie wrote:

O.K., I guess I can consider the rockets landing on Israel over the past eight years was sort of a Semitic Welcome Wagon to long lost Semites? Now I understand. Perhaps, the babka was crushed, in the nose of the rocket, when it landed?

Let me know if you would like to phrase this in a language that I can understand. I've read it three times, and while I'm sure it sounds cute to you, I can't see how it has anything to do with my post.

A babka is a cake that Golda Meier brought to the knesset, the first day of her term as Prime Minister. It was to show everyone, in my opinion, that they elected a Jewish grandmother.

If you do not understand the analogy of the rest of my post, then I would prefer to not explain it. The problem in our communicating is location, location, location, I believe.
FreeDuck

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 12:31 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

A babka is a cake that Golda Meier brought to the knesset, the first day of her term as Prime Minister. It was to show everyone, in my opinion, that they elected a Jewish grandmother.

If you do not understand the analogy of the rest of my post, then I would prefer to not explain it. The problem in our communicating is location, location, location, I believe.

That's a nice story but I still don't see what it has to do with my post or my point. If it is relevant then perhaps you would take the time to explain your analogy. Otherwise I can only assume you are talking to yourself.

Location eh? I thought you said you were in New York.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 02:08 pm
Quote:
WASHINGTON (AFP) " President George W. Bush called his Turkish counterpart and urged an end to rocket fire into Israel as part of efforts to broker a ceasefire between Hamas and Israel in Gaza, the White House said on Saturday.
Bush told Turkish President Abdullah Gul that a lasting ceasefire in Gaza required a halt to rocket fire and arms smuggling by the Palestinian Islamist group Hamas, national security spokesman Gordon Johndroe said in a statement.
"President Bush emphasized the importance of bringing an end to rocket-fire against Israel and preventing arms smuggling into Gaza as the basis for a durable ceasefire," Johndroe said in describing the conversation with Gul, whose Islamist party dominates the Turkish parliament.
"The President welcomed Turkey's support for the Egyptian-French mediation efforts" designed to halt the violence in Gaza, the statement said.
Bush also spoke about the Gaza crisis with Czech Republic Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek, whose country currently holds the European Union presidency.
The two agreed on the "importance of bringing an end to the rocket fire against Israel, implementing a plan to prevent smuggling into Gaza and ensuring humanitarian assistance reaches the Palestinian people," Johndroe said.
Bush agreed on the need for an immediate ceasefire in the Gaza Strip, the Czech presidency of the EU said in a statement.
... ... ...
Source
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 05:24 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

It looks like the Palestinian people are in fact helping the Israeli military target HAMAS more precisely - this is a good sign Cool
JTT

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 05:27 pm
@H2O MAN,
All the while you and your ilk support the various terrorist acts perpetrated by the US government around the world.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 05:35 pm
@JTT,

JJT, You wouldn't recognize my ilk if they walked up and slapped you in the face.

WTF do you know about terrorist acts perpetrated by any group or individual?

The fact that Palestinian people are helping the Israeli's tells the world that they don't want HAMAS in their country either!