I PUT HIM ON IGNORE AGAIN

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 01:02 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Lil K's advice of "PUT EM ON IGNORE AND DONT PEEK" is wonderful. BRILLIANT!!.

Ive done it this morning and I have no idea that hes even alive. MWA HA

I have found that if u peek,
u only get an eyeful of abrasive toxicity,
which is the reason that u put him on Ignore in the first place.

David
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 06:45 am
I had a couple of people on ignore and then thought better of it.

I have one who remains.

I'm sure I'm on a few ignore lists....
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 07:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
u only get an eyeful of abrasive toxicity,
which is the reason that u put him on Ignore in the first place.

Exactly. The holidays are now much brighter with a whole new A2K experience. Thanks Lil K , and Daves insight .

Bi-Bear, I dont think anyone has you on ignore. You make sense, even though your senses are sometimes tempered in matters of the flesh.

Actually, they are ALWAYS tempered in matters of the flesh.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 07:01 am
@farmerman,
ahhhh..... the flesh.... it puts the lotion on.... (thank you squinney)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 08:39 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Im probably only one of 3 or 4 people who dont much care for the individual Im ignoring. Its contributions are nonsense, turbid and muddy, most often masturbatory, and always off the point .

David-- I'm pretty sure it is me farmerman is referring to. He includes in his small club, I think, rosbourne and edgarblyth. But "3 or 4" sounds more that just 3.

You will notice, I feel sure, that the short post I've quoted is disrespectful in the extreme in its use of "its" which is, of course, nonsense scientifically. And he tops that off with five unsupported assertions. Gobshite in other words.

farmerman, and the others, have spent 4 years, off and on, asserting that religion is responsible for all the wars and mayhem of history and, on the basis of that assertion, they are justified in attacking religion.

If I point out that James Madison said in 1806 that "all history proves that war is the result of commercial rivalship of nations" I am put on Ignore. Mr Madison was Secretary of State and President for 8 years in each post. Walter Lefeber said he was "the country's greatest political thinker". He was also a Father of the Constitution and this tiny faction are fond of quoting that when they think it suits them.

It goes without saying that I have nobody on Ignore and nor will ever have. It strikes at the very root of grown up debate. It is what ostriches are said to do and kids when they sob into Mom's apron. The procedure is self-evidently totalitarian and it seeks to determine the education of a nation's future generations from within the barricades inside which opposition is excluded.

They have a Marxist agenda and until A2K conservatives unite to defeat them they will win the argument. And they are so insecure that they not only resort to this spineless subterfuge to blot out opposition but they boast of having done so as if such an easy to do trick enables them to occupy the intellectual high ground.

It's pathetic.

And should you have the nerve to quote this post in the event of you responding to it you are threatened with the same fate because they just don't want to know anything said against them whether it comes directly from me or indirectly through yourself.

In effect they seek to control A2K and have nothing but their own lickspittles and lackeys on the site. They don't put ceej on Ignore because he offers them easy targets and he is useful to them in pointing up how awful I am.

And if you don't agree with that you are not the conservative I have taken you for.

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 08:59 am
I have hot biscuits coming out of the oven if you'd like some spendius. I could make an extra cocoa too. You seem tense.
spendius

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:07 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
As long as I only seem tense I can live with that.

I try to avoid giving the impression I have said something when I haven't. It's so limp wristy wet dishcloth white flaggy imo.

I've just had some apple pie and clotted cream so I'll pass on the offer. I can make cocoa. It's no big deal. Takes about 2 minutes and you can scratch your privates and pick your nose during the wait.

You must be a very popular person BP.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:07 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
who said what?
Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:10 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Quote:

If you can't ignore someone outright, i doubt that using a programming function is going to help. There's one person in particular whom i just consistently ignore, without software aid. Most of the other idiots i only respond to if there is an egregious offense to truth or good sense--otherwise, i ignore them, too. But i can ignore someone without help.
spendius

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:12 am
@shewolfnm,
It was me I'm afraid my dear.

BP had no answer you see and being on the wet side had to resort to the usual tactics. I have to seem a bit tense. It's a watered down form of Ignore.

Laughable innit?
djjd62

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:12 am
i tried the ignore, but i'm too damn curious, in some ways there's always been an ignore feature in my head, in most threads i'll only read the responses of people i like or at least respect

luckily this is about 99.9 % of the folks here
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:17 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
If you can't ignore someone outright, i doubt that using a programming function is going to help. There's one person in particular whom i just consistently ignore, without software aid. Most of the other idiots i only respond to if there is an egregious offense to truth or good sense--otherwise, i ignore them, too. But i can ignore someone without help.

That is quite a trenchant criticism of the Noble 3 or 4. It only looks veiled to the untrained eye.

The only problem is that Set is defining who are idiots and what is an egregious offense to truth or good sense. Which makes him a walking, talking tautology.

Not to worry though Set. Most of mankind are the same.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:25 am
@spendius,
well not quite. any answer is an answer. I just didn't give a **** about your whiny defensive reply and expressed my opinion of it by denigrating it and you. We'll all survive nicely.
spendius

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:33 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
We already know that BP.

Although you did give enough of a **** to mount a response to my post. If one could call being stumped for an answer and globbing out some self-reassuring smear a response.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:42 am
I was just taking the piss there my limey acquaintance... but my you're the sensitive type.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:48 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Quote:

Artificial aids are of some assistance to me.
Green Witch

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 09:54 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
If you can't ignore someone outright, i doubt that using a programming function is going to help.

I find it hard to ignore an insulting or stupid thread title because I read down the list of new topics. People I have on ignore are more likely to start such offensive topics. My ignores also tend to be people who thrive on insults or babble and do not contribute to a debate on any real level. They also all lack wit. Two of my ignores seem to be MIA, so I think many people might have shut the door on them and they got the message.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 10:01 am
@dlowan,
let's don't being personal details of your sex life into this... it's so ......tawdry...
dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 10:03 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I learned from a bear.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2008 10:05 am
@dlowan,
an A student.
0 Replies