@edgarblythe,
Good one.

Smile
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 01:51 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I'm zero. I've never even seen any LSD. I've talked to people who have and they put me off.

I need to have my wits about me at all times.

It doesn't look like much. It's not amorphous, violet hued and lined with cilia.

I can imagine why you might be put off by people who have seen but not taken LSD; I would be too.

Your wits are with you when you trip, they even sing to you.
OGIONIK

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 03:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
17 people on ignore?

jesus christ, even me, david, ceejay, h20man, aw crap theres 3 other dues who are weird one has obama in face paint or someshit, i forget the other 2. thats like 7.

i have no idea how u made it to 17...

i have 0

theres only 2 people i might think of ignoring

so glad i dont go to the politics forum anymore.

thats prolly why i dont have anyone ignored Very Happy
spendius

Reply Sat 3 Jan, 2009 05:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I made a mistake Finn. I meant to say that I have talked to people who have used it. My apologies.

I have a 1st edition of Doors of Perception as well and I've read stuff about shamans. Kinikinik and Kava stuff.

I prefer the world to sing to me.

But I don't really know obviously. What song did your wits sing?

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 04:26 pm
I cannot imagine ever putting anyone on "ignore"--and I think the function is one of the negatives I see about the site these days...and I have no idea of why you are talking about, becuase I did not read the entire thread...

...but I do have a question:

What is with this Solve et Coagula person. That last post of his/hers was a doozey. Is he/she just kidding around...or is this serious stuff???
Green Witch

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 04:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I cannot imagine ever putting anyone on "ignore"--

You apparently have never run into RamaFuchs.

Quote:
What is with this Solve et Coagula person. That last post of his/hers was a doozey. Is he/she just kidding around...or is this serious stuff???

The very reason ignore is a good thing. Yes, Solve is very serious.
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 05:01 pm
@Green Witch,
Green Witch, you said: "Yes, Solve is very serious. "

Ahhh jeeez...I was hoping you wouldn't say that.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 05:06 pm
@OGIONIK,
17 trips - not 17 ignored
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 05:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Ive got a person on ignore mainly cause this person has no concept of the debate at hand and tries to make the discussion take turns for the idiotic and irrelevant.
The main thing that ignore does for me is it loses this clowns posts and leaves only the last (non idiot) post in the que. Whether anyone likes it or not, its one spatial way to totally dismiss some jerk without having to deal with him.
Life's too short and suffering fools shouldnt be a required course.

Also, Im not a big fan of trivia and these Lovatts, and "Demons". SO, when they are on the "New Topic" lineup, I hit the thumbs down and they disappear for me.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 05:16 pm
@farmerman,
Raamen.
spendius

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 05:21 pm
@farmerman,
More drivel. You can't handle my posts effemm. That's the reason. All that shite is your made up excuse.

I'm like Frank- I can't imagine myself putting anybody on Ignore. It's so--well--so, so bottom lippy. And to attempt to make it look like a badge of honour and intellectually fashionable is something Monte Python once raised a chortle over with a bunch of pretend old maids knitting.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 05:27 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
Also, Im not a big fan of trivia and these Lovatts, and "Demons". SO, when they are on the "New Topic" lineup, I hit the thumbs down and they disappear for me.

That was edited in while I was responding to the other self-serving crap.

effemm, that's farmerman Frank to bring you up to speed, votes Trivia down because he can't compete.

It is hot stuff mind you. Not like in the old days. It's down dirty most of the time. So you can't blame him. effemm's posited on religion having nothing to do with sex.

Hard to believe I know but there it is.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:03 am
@edgarblythe,
Well, as an experiment, I took him off ignore for a week or so. He still is an annoying little bird brain who has no manners and is busy creating metaphors that have nothing to do with the topiv=c. SO, I put im on ignore again . Ill probably leave him on for a longer time this turn. AND, like Lil k says, "really ignore him by not peeking".
He will start getting more and more strident until his head hgets rosy red and explodes in a shower of mushy stuff.
spendius

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:07 am
@farmerman,
That's putting a brave face on waving the white flag.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:35 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

That's putting a brave face on waving the white flag.

No.
That 's not waving a white flag.
Putting someone on Ignore is like putting out the garbage.
I don 't know who the farmer put on Ignore.

It coud be me, for all I know,
but I agree with doing it, if u decide that someone is not fit company.
Everyone has an absolute right to exclude someone else from friendship.

David
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 09:55 am
I don't know if I am on anybody's ignore list--I figure I am--and I don't care. I would much rather be ignored by those that I annoy than be subjected to repetitious unpleasant exchanges with self-righteous people who think it their duty to point out what a terrible person I am. (I don't consider disagreement with my point of view to be unpleasant however.)

I have only put one person on ignore and that was due to a post so unkind and vile re another member that it should be tolerable to nobody. When the ignored member disappeared, I returned my ignore list to zero. (He has since reappeared in new personas and is just as annoying as before, but so long as he does not repeat the unacceptable offense. . .)

I still hate the thumbs down feature on the threads and hate voting down a perfectly good thread despite my lack of interest in it. I have been forced to use the thumbs down to make the board usable.

I would really REALLY prefer that an ignore feature be provided to move a thread of no interest out of the way rather than have to assign a negative vote to an otherwise perfectly good thread.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 10:22 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

I don't know if I am on anybody's ignore list--I figure I am--and I don't care.

The problem with being on an Ignore list of someone without knowing it,
is that if u comment on his posts expecting a response,
and he never saw your post to him because he has u on Ignore,
then u will be waiting a long time.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 11:42 am
I hope I am on a few ignored lists.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 11:47 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

I don't know if I am on anybody's ignore list--I figure I am--and I don't care.

The problem with being on an Ignore list of someone without knowing it,
is that if u comment on his posts expecting a response,
and he never saw your post to him because he has u on Ignore,
then u will be waiting a long time.

Oh there are enough here who won't talk to me at all that I don't expect responses from the numbnuts, idiots, nutcases, or highly partisan bigots any more, and that is speaking of people on both sides of the spectrum. Most A2Kers, on both sides of the spectrum, aren't like that though and I get along pretty well with most. I love those who affirm my point of view and I love those who respectfully disagree with it. As Edgar may have been expressing, the rest I would just as soon they did ignore me.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 11:48 am
@OmSigDAVID,
DAvid and foxy, I dont put people on ignore lightly. Even the one (and only ) person with whom Ive exercised that feature, has been given all opportunities to act in a non rude fashion. I released him from my ignore with the hope that we could have lively debates on the subjects that interest me(after all this medium is rather self serving). Alas, he only uses every opportunity to be childish and rude and rarely is even on the subject, Then I find that Im spending all my time on that thread being similarly rude and childish. SO , I guess I grew up first and put a stop to all the petty crap. Hes on my ignore and , no matter what he is harping about, it falls on deaf ears. He he he.

I can get cantankerous and disagree loudly (I will print in caps) and still have fun with those that I disagree with. However, where the responses are totally predictable , thats no fun at all. Its like banging my head on the wall and expecting different outcomes after each hit.