IS VIRGINITY SOMETHING WOMAN MUST KEEP?

Thomas

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 06:57 pm
@the third eye,
the third eye wrote:
Is keeping virginity a difficult thing?

To me that's the wrong question. The right question is, why would you want virginity in the first place? It's a waste of opportunities for a sex life. And what do you get in return that is worth it? I don't see it, sorry. If you truly care about the women around you, why not wish them all the orgasms they can get?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 08:42 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
To me that's the wrong question. The right question is, why would you want virginity in the first place? It's a waste of opportunities for a sex life. And what do you get in return that is worth it? I don't see it, sorry. If you truly care about the women around you, why not wish them all the orgasms they can get?

wow, we agree on something....this might be a first.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:40 pm
@the third eye,
the third eye wrote:

it seems you angry with that quote... but what Thomas has said that it's woman's decision is true. So, if woman does not wanna be a victim, choose the best way to do. Good person will get good spouse, believe me. (What I mean is not being virginity until marriage is the best way to be good woman, although it can be one of the ways). I care to woman around me; my friend, my sister, my friend's daughter, every woman I know. I don't want they are hurt. Is keeping virginity a difficult thing?

Yes, I am angry with that quote.....since militant concern with women's sex life is driven by male desire to ensure that offspring are carrying their genes, and all mannner of ridiculous religious and "moral" excuses have evolved to make this desire to control women's sexuality appear driven by some patriarchal superbeing with a ticket on a fantasy afterlife and the right to make absolute decrees.

Women are still being murdered or ostracized or judged because of this stuff.

When virginity is something that has the same relevance for males and females, and women stop being harmed because of sexist bullshit about it, I will stop being angry about it.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 09:51 pm
@dlowan,
I agree completely, except that I don't care if males are virgins either.
dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:11 pm
@ossobuco,
Neither do I.

Thomas

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:44 pm
@dlowan,
Well, if it's not a personal question, are you a virgin?

http://www.mwscomp.com/movies/brian/inlines/19_mandy.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Sorry for quibbling as I thought your comments were tip top.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 11:00 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Well, if it's not a personal question, are you a virgin?

Guess.

Howsabout du?
Thomas

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 11:03 pm
@dlowan,
Not yet, I think.
dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 11:11 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Not yet, I think.

You think one of us is not yet a virgin?

Thomas

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 11:14 pm
@dlowan,
At least one of us. After all, we're both fairly young.
dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 11:57 pm
@Thomas,
I had a little hymen, I would not let it tear.....
Not for silver bracelets, nor a golden pear.
The King of Spain's son, he came to visit me,
All for the sake of my dear virginity.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 05:21 am
Well, for sometime I thought it was my mission to destroy virginities when possible, for the sake of the sorority''s happiness..

I then saw this was an overwhelming task, so I became reasonable (or was I failing too much)..
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 05:25 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:

Thomas wrote:

Not yet, I think.

You think one of us is not yet a virgin?

I am not yet a virgin. But am working on it with all vigor and might.
Francis

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 05:28 am
@dagmaraka,
dagmaraka wrote:
I am not yet a virgin. But am working on it with all vigor and might.

With such enthusiasm and commitment, I'm sure you will succeed..
aidan

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 07:41 am
@Francis,
Third eye said:
Quote:
No sane society would ever encourage out of wedlock sex because the results are obvious. You will end up with abandoned mothers and fatherless children.

You know I hadn't thought about it from this stance- in terms of what would most benefit society - I was only thinking of it from the viewpoint of what might be better for the individual woman. But when I do think of it from a societal stance - I have to agree that casual and careless sex are detrimental to individuals, and thus our society as a whole.

But I also would tend to believe that if a woman had not had sex before she married - she'd be more prone to extramarital affairs and sexual activity - simply because she might be more curious - wondering what she may have or might be missing - particularly if her sexual experience with her husband was disappointing to her.

I don't think a sense of self-worth and value associated what you have to give or express to someone in terms of your sexuality has anything to do with religion...I think it has to do with self-respect. But then again - everyone views sex differently...for some people it's nothing more than a way to spend a few hours - (if you're lucky Laughing ) and for others it has more to do with an expression of emotion and feeling toward someone that can be - you know - a once in a lifetime kind of thing.

I just talked to this customer - who's 85. He's been married to his wife for 65 years. They met when they were both fifteen - I don't know but I'm assuming they were both virgins...he's still besotted with her - she's in a nursing home - he visits her every day- she's his best friend - the mother of his child....what could be wrong with that? How could that have been detrimental for him or her or our society?

In answer to your other question: is keeping your virginity difficult? For some yes - for some no - this girl who was a babysitter for my children when they were young came to stay with me - she's thirty now - and we had some rather personal discussions over the few weeks she was with me. One night she asked me about sex and penetration - she said she'd been living with her boyfriend for a year, sleeping in the same bed - but they'd never consummated. I think the look on my face betrayed the fact that I was pretty dumbfounded despite making my best effort not to express or pass judgment, because she said- 'Can you relate at all?'
I told her honestly, 'No- I'd never had that issue with someone I loved or was attracted to,' - in other words, I found it hard to hold onto my virginity - and I didn't (but even though I was raised in the church - I never felt obligated to try to - I felt allowed to show love to whomever I chose, once my hormones kicked in and a suitable partner presented himself). On the other hand, she found it extremely hard to LOSE hers...and she was a self-professed pagan (literally).
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 11:19 am
@aidan,
Quote:
You know I hadn't thought about it from this stance- in terms of what would most benefit society - I was only thinking of it from the viewpoint of what might be better for the individual woman. But when I do think of it from a societal stance - I have to agree that casual and careless sex are detrimental to individuals, and thus our society as a whole.

I don't really know how common it is, but the popular press has carried a lot of stories about kids today who "hook up" with sex as if they were brushing their teeth. It does not mean anything to them, is kinda fun but they experience nothing like the passion that goes with good sex. If that includes being sloppy about safe sex then it is for sure a problem for society, but even the emotional toll is a problem. I don't see how healthy kids get to that point, and then adding meaningless sex would tend to be an assault on self worth.

If we are talking casual sex as in a wild romp in the sack with no long term intimate relationship between the partners....that is no detriment to society, and in fact is good for society. A happy society is made up of happy and sexually fulfilled individuals.
aidan

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 03:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Hawkeye said:
Quote:
I don't really know how common it is, but the popular press has carried a lot of stories about kids today who "hook up" with sex as if they were brushing their teeth. It does not mean anything to them, is kinda fun but they experience nothing like the passion that goes with good sex. If that includes being sloppy about safe sex then it is for sure a problem for society, but even the emotional toll is a problem. I don't see how healthy kids get to that point, and then adding meaningless sex would tend to be an assault on self worth

I think it's very common- let's put it this way - when I was teaching, if someone told me s/he was a virgin and over the age of sixteen (female) or fourteen (males) I would always be surprised. And that's across racial and socioeconomic variations.

There's a lot of pressure on these guys to have sex just to fit in, or feel normal. I think it takes either a really strong character or abject fear of intimacy to buck the trend. What I mean is - if a kid isn't afraid to have sex for some personal reason - everything around him or her is pushing him in that direction so if s/he decided not to - it's only because they don't give a crap about what everyone else is doing...and that's a pretty rare kid these days.

The boys are bored - seriously. I mean I've talked to students (it was part of my job) about it and they've been screwing around (their term) since they were thirteen and fourteen years old with no emotional attachments and just this recreational mindset - and they're bored.

I think the girls are too - underneath their perenially held out hope that someday if they give out enough - Mr. Right will somehow magically appear amid the line of partners stretching around the block. It's almost like they all play musical chairs - with sex partners.
I feel sorry for them - they're like twenty - and they've seen it all and then some. What do they have to look forward to?

I think it has a lot to do with the media they've grown up with and having been inundated with sexual imagery. It's not even interesting to them anymore - they've been saturated by it.

Quote:
If we are talking casual sex as in a wild romp in the sack with no long term intimate relationship between the partners....that is no detriment to society, and in fact is good for society. A happy society is made up of happy and sexually fulfilled individuals.

Yeah - if that's someone's thing - and they're an adult and taking care not to bring kids who won't be taken care of into the picture - more power to them.
Tension is definitely not good - anything that relieves it for someone without causing other problems is probably a good thing.
0 Replies

the third eye

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 12:14 am
A lecturer of mine asked me, "why does woman different with man?" I replied, "what is the difference, Mam? "Why does woman have a mark; the hymen, and why the man doesn't?" I said, "It may be because woman is special creature from God." Then she said, "Yes, and 'special' you mean can has positive and negative view." "What do you mean, mam?" asked me. She answered me with a question, "What 'special' you mean?" I said, "God gives woman a "jewelry" to keep. It means God believes in woman can keep it. God more believe in woman than man, it's why God only gives the hymen to the woman, not to man." next the lecturer said,"So, do you think the hymen is a jewelry to keep?" I said yes and added, "the hymen is not only a hymen. I think the hymen has more meaning. It's not only a symbol of virginity merely, a symbol marks that if the owner still has it, it means she's still virgin biologically. My lecturer does not demand me to explain more what I mean about the wider meaning of the hymen. She asked me, again,"What is your opinion about a part of people saying that the hymen is a chain to limit the freedom of the woman?" I had no words at the time.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 07:45 am
@the third eye,
Women are not the only animals with hymens. The list below is of other animals that have hymens. Should these female animals also keep their virginity because it is a special "jewel from God"?
The list is a from Wikipedia (with editing to get specifics) of animals with hymens:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymen[

Animals with "jewels from God":
Squirrels
Antelopes
Gazelles
Frogs
Lake Trouts
Dalmations (not labs)
Parakeet
Robins (but not cardinals)
Bats
Cats