IS VIRGINITY SOMETHING WOMAN MUST KEEP?

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 10:34 am
Readers, what's your opinion about women who keep their virginity until they get married? Which one do you choose, the woman who keep her virginity for her husband or the woman who keep virginity for herself, her family, and her own honour or woman who does not care about virginity. Do you think women who are able to keep their virginity are honourable woman or a silly woman?

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 10:38 am
@the third eye,
why only women?
the third eye

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 10:58 am
@dagmaraka,
I've never heard about men who keep their virginity (hahaha...)
But I think it is because women are more special than men (???)
ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 11:02 am
@the third eye,
What is the woman being chosen for? Is it something a man could be chosen for?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 11:03 am
@the third eye,
the third eye wrote:
I've never heard about men who keep their virginity (hahaha...)

What's the hahaha about? Confused
the third eye

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 11:10 am
@ehBeth,
no meaning to "hahahaha"
I chose women they are special than men. In some culture, mainly in Asian culture, as I know they are demanded to protect themselves. It is because someday women will become a mother of an holy creature, she must keep herself to be 'holy' too..

But it happens in Asia, or maybe in middle-East Asia. What about your culture? Is there any relating opinion about women?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 11:14 am
@the third eye,
Shouldn't the father-to-be of a "holy creature" be holy as well?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 11:23 am
@the third eye,
i think in our culture men and women are seen more equally.

"holy" and "keep herself" often serve to mask requests for submission.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 11:25 am
I don't think virginity matters to most men and women; it depends on what they do after marriage.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 12:07 pm
You'd never catch me holding back my virginity (and being sexually frustrated) ....just to end up in the end, giving it to a guy that has most likely slept with more women than he can count on both hands.

Screw that.

Down with Virginity!!!!

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 12:25 pm
I want a woman who knows how to please a man in bed, and I assume that women want the same in reverse. This requires practice. Also, I could not imagine marrying a woman without having seen how we work together sexually first, the concept of two virgins marrying and only then having sex is beyond silly, it is cruel.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 12:55 pm
I guess the poster of this questions doesn't realize that for many fundamentalist religions (Christian and Jew) virginity is prized by both sexes.

Originally men wanted to be sure their children were their children for matters of inheritance, nowadays DNA tests can do the work. I'm not a big advocate of marriage, and I see no reason a modern woman (or man) should "save themselves". In a world where people usually marry at 25 and can live another 50+ years I doubt most people will be able to stay married and only have one spouse. Being married for life was easy when women usually died before reaching middle age. Protection against disease and unwanted pregnancy is important, but virginity is pointless in the modern world.

I didn't get married until I was 35. If I had stayed a virgin I would missed some of my best sexual years and a whole lot of fun. I also had a couple of lovers who were lousy, the thought of being stuck with them and not knowing any different is chilling. I am grateful for having a feminist mother and a liberal upbringing.

My only advice - buy reliable condoms and use them.

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 01:04 pm
I am in the middle on this one. While I don't believe that it is necessary for a woman, (or a man) to keep his/her virginity for marriage, I don't think that sex is a sport, especially for a woman. No matter how "liberated" she might be, the bottom line, is that for most women, sex, love, and emotional connection are inexorably intertwined.

Saying that, I think that a woman should be careful to reserve her sexual experiences for those partners with whom there is a deep emotional connection.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 01:30 pm
@Phoenix32890,
I agree Phoenix, the emotional investment is important for women. It's a good point that I overlooked. There needs to be a balance between a woman's emotional needs, her desire to be sexual and her desire to please a man. Confusing sex and love can backfire for women and a woman can end up being used and hurt much more easily than a man.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 01:48 pm
@Green Witch,
Quote:
a woman can end up being used and hurt much more easily than a man.

that sounds like a "women are the weaker sex" argument, I can't go with you there. Women need to remember that for the masculine a large part of the motivation for sex is the conquest, if she remembers this then she will not feel abused when she is conquered. Likewise the masculine needs to remember that the feminine needs the emotional component, if he does he will not feel put upon with the maneuver required and will do his duty to court only females who are emotionally ready for the masculine/feminine dance.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 01:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't think weaker, just that women are more in touch with their emotions. It's not that men can't get hurt too, it's just that women are more programed to invest their heart over their head.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 01:57 pm
@Green Witch,
and we men program to invest our dicks over our heads, which is worse? I am not sure that women win the worse victim award here. Men tend to not be emotionally hurt, but we get into trouble with women that hurts our future, hurts our ability to do the things in life that we feel we need to do. We pay for our sex mistakes much as women do, just in a different way.
Green Witch

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 02:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
I don't think we should turn this into a contest, but if you look at countries where sex is used as a weapon of war I think women are by far the greater victims. Few people go through life without experiencing a broken heart, but if we bring it down to sex as physical abuse it tends to be men who are dishing it out, even when the victims are male. I'm sure they don't always pay for their crimes or even their mistakes.

I think our poster is from a country where women are expected not to have sex before marriage and he/she is questioning the system. Questioning is a good start to self-awareness.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 02:22 pm
@Green Witch,
the raping of female civilians has lately become common in wars, and it points to the depravity of modern males. We all can agree that this is a horror that should be done away with.
Quote:
Questioning is a good start to self-awareness.
certainly
msolga

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2008 06:14 pm
@the third eye,
It's of no business of anyone else's if any person (female or male) decides to "keep their virginity" till after marriage ... or forever, for that matter! I don't know that it makes the person any more "honourable" than anyone else, though.