Friendly Freaks Group (UK)

Endymion

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:43 am
@msolga,
Hi Olga -

Guess i had something to say after all!

Had to get something off my chest, you know?
All or nothing, that's me. Thanks for being such a good friend.

hope you're having a good weekend

endy
Endymion

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:45 am
@Izzie,
Hi izzie

Thanks for sharing those photographs. I really like the patterns you see in nature - some great shots of those plants and flowers...
I have to say, the bike caught my eye. I'd love to put it up here - hoping you'll agree that's okay.

Yes the blackbird.. she has a mate and i think they could be getting a nest together. (my new neighbours )

I see her around mostly in the evenings. She likes worms best.

I ask her every time i see her, if she wouldn't mind having a word with her old man and getting him to turn it down a bit in the mornings. Smile
I love listening to birdsong at dusk - -but come dawn and I'm hardly in my bed-- blimey he can really let rip.

Quote:
i wonder if your conservatory is like mine

ha - i doubt that very much. Mine creaks like an old ship. It's a real DIY job, built probably before i was born. I've got a comfy old armchair and cd player out there and a few pots of herbs (hmmmm...some more successful than others). One thing i really enjoy is reading out there - and watching across the field to the trees at night.
It is very peaceful.

Quote:
Full moon tomorrow

Yeah. The moon.
I feel it.
have a good evening
take care

e
msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:57 am
@Endymion,
Quote:
Had to get something off my chest, you know?
All or nothing, that's me.

Yes. Smile

And I know it wasn't an easy thing to do at all, Endy.

Good for you.

And now (almost 1 am) I must head off to bed. I'm really glad to have caught you before heading off. Almost didn't!

Endymion

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 09:00 am
@msolga,
night, Olga
happy dreams
msolga

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 09:08 am
@Endymion,
Thank you, Endy. I'll do my best with what I think might be the start of a cold (dammit!). <honk>

... & you enjoy your day. I hope it's a perfect spring day in your neck of the woods! Smile
Endymion

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 09:36 am
@msolga,
Ahhh - that explains the 'sticky nose' Wink

Take vitamin C - drink plenty of water - get some sleep
(just a suggestion Very Happy )
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 07:03 am
@Endymion,
Hey darlin'

here he is...

http://able2know.org/topic/89445-204#post-3648876

IKE.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/spring%2009/DSC05415.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/spring%2009/DSC05406.jpg

Very Happy
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Wed 13 May, 2009 07:20 pm

Wow!!

thank you Izzie Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 04:27 am
@Endymion,
Endymion wrote:

Hi izzie

I have to say, the bike caught my eye. I'd love to put it up here - hoping you'll agree that's okay.

absolutely! Very Happy

Quote:
i wonder if your conservatory is like mine

"ha - i doubt that very much. Mine creaks like an old ship. It's a real DIY job, built probably before i was born. I've got a comfy old armchair and cd player out there and a few pots of herbs (hmmmm...some more successful than others). One thing i really enjoy is reading out there - and watching across the field to the trees at night.
It is very peaceful."

[/quote]

ha Endy - you'd be surprised. My conservatory is like my "figurative" ship... it gives me peace looking out over the garden. I stand in the doorway or sit in my granny's rickety old chair looking out........... camera usually nearby - for hours losing time. Right now.... oh, if you could hear. It has a poly-something roof which when the conservatory heats up creaks and groans, Victorian style roof - right now the RAIN IS SO LOUD on it. It's absolutely chucking it down here and the the sound is wonderful, along with the river filling up and flowing a little faster and a little stronger. Everything is so green. Peaceful. Birds are singing as the rain is quietening down now.

last nite I fell asleep downstairs, must have woken up around... dunno... 1ish/2ish.... tried to get up and climb upstairs - and was woken up at 5am - conservatory doors open, inside doors open - wakened by the dawn chorus, dawgs by my side - it was freezing in here. Again - so so loud, the birds. But peaceful. Good noise. Got upstairs and and hour and half later my phone alarm went off downstairs, I had forgotten to reset it - ha - not a pleasant noise (nasty nasty phone) so somehow got back down and found it shouting at to me. Did get another hour or so of sleep - but..... days go too quickly - so, have just been sitting.............. looking out the window.

Ought to go and do something productive.

Enjoying this solitude - time for reflection.

Life's changing for me. I'm believing it will be a great change. IKE's handler is no longer far away. I guess... after a long, long time we're nesting too. Seeing strength. Keeping positive it will hold together this time.

take care hun

<hugs>

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 May, 2009 03:04 pm

I wanted to place this on another of your threads, endy, but could not find it. Forgot the title.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 03:56 am
Just popped in here to say g'day to Endy.
... and all you other fine, friendly freaks, too, of course! Very Happy
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 05:55 am

Thanks for your post, Izzie.
That's great news -

(And thanks very much for sharing this picture)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_I3iAYnG48A0/SekmjszspcI/AAAAAAAADZs/Z2wCIo7TGrQ/s720/DSC03857.JPG

ha - nice Smile

Edgar -

When i came on line and saw your film here i got out Black Elk and started reading it again.

Sometimes i think that when the native American way of life was destroyed, we somehow destroyed humanity's wise elders, our spiritual guides, along with it all.
Maybe that is what the healing of the hoop is about. In the end man will have to reconnect to his spiritual/earth beginning.

(As Black Elk would say... 'If you think about it, you can see that it is true.Smile

Thanks edgar and i'm thinking of you at your daughter's wedding - have a great day!

Hey, thanks Olga -
Hope you are feeling a lot better now.

I've been off line again
I've missed talking to you (all)

this is for everyone

Have a good day
endy

msolga

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 05:59 am
Hey, here you are again, Endy! Very Happy
(Bet you're gone by the time I post this! Wink )
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 07:04 am
@Endymion,
hey Endy love - happy to see you

PERFECT

just the right music, just the right time, just perfect.... thanku!

Very Happy

<waves then hugs MsOlga and Endy>

msolga

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 07:08 am
@Izzie,
Hey, It's Izzie! Very Happy
Greetings from the Oz chapter of Friendly Freaks International!
Izzie

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 07:56 am
@msolga,
oh look at that

UK Oz Friendly Freaks International!

UKOFFI

me tea! Ha! Sorry.......... that was so lame! Embarrassed

I'm buzzing at the moment from the sights and sounds in the garden - glorious sensory overload of Mother Nature Razz
msolga

Reply Sat 23 May, 2009 08:09 am
@Izzie,
Me tea, too, actually, Iz. Smile Just having a last cuppa before heading off to bed. Your spring sounds just ravishing! Enjoy, enjoy!
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Mon 25 May, 2009 11:44 pm

hi - sorry i'm slow getting back to you
Tea - what a great idea!
Smile

Here is something i found on MickyZ's blog

It is a new book written by Anneli Rufus. Party of One: the Loners' Manifesto.
http://www.annelirufus.com/partyofone/

Introvert?
related article: http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/200303/rauch
msolga

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 02:10 am
@Endymion,
Quote:
....If we introverts ran the world, it would no doubt be a calmer, saner, more peaceful sort of place. As Coolidge is supposed to have said, "Don't you know that four fifths of all our troubles in this life would disappear if we would just sit down and keep still?"

Yes, yes indeed, Endy! Space & calm, space & calm ....

Two really interesting links, those. Thank you.

... And it's very good to see you here again! Smile
msolga

Reply Tue 26 May, 2009 02:18 am
@msolga,
I can become rather frantic when I lose too much of my solitary time. Stimulus overload!