Friendly Freaks Group (UK)

Endymion

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 08:49 pm
@Rockhead,
I watched the Bettie Page film on your music thread
(twice actually...)
- never knew her
but she was pretty wild for her day, yeah?
sorry to hear she died
Rockhead

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 08:54 pm
@Endymion,
if you follow a link or two, she was much wilder than I portrayed...

She was quite the adventuress. Shocked Cool

Glad you are feeling frisky again, my friend.
Endymion

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 09:09 pm
@Rockhead,
Shocked
who me?

no, that's FREAKY
not FRISKY

blimey.... (snort) Laughing

Endymion

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 09:29 pm
@Endymion,
okay - make that three times
but i couldn't remember the track that was playing - something good
Had to go back for another ...listen
(who is that btw?)
Endymion

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 09:45 pm
@Endymion,
are they called " boomkat?"
i'm getting a label come up over the credits
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Fri 12 Dec, 2008 11:46 pm
5:46 Saturday morning -

It's been a bit of a freaky (and i mean freaky) night. Apart from the moon being the biggest full moon of the year, apparently - and here's a thread about it - http://able2know.org/topic/126685-1 from ci ( btw, watch out for farmerman, he's hungry ) - where i am, the night has been been crazy (and that's without me in it).

Outside, it sounds as if the sky is sweeping thunderclouds down off the moor, the rain has been intense.
My place, which is made of cob and stone and solid but drafty as hell, has old blankets rolled up at the foot of most doors and church candles burning, to keep out the chill.
When i went into the kitchen just now - i could see through the back window, a sick, yellowish looking, overcast sky.
The tree nearest the house was waving at me... madly...

Yeah, it's been weird all right...
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 03:36 am
cheers to RH for the company the other night

Here's something for Christmas - a2k

Freak Thoughts

i find myself thinking about a2k a lot recently. About Noddy, who said ..."I believe that I'm capable of going into a mystical state where I can perceive information that is not accessible to my mundane mind."

Now Noddy is gone, i wish we could have her back for just a little while, so that i could have the chance to ask her more about that quote. I want to talk with her again, about symbolism...
Today - instead of putting it off until a time that feels right. And then it's too late.

I find myself thinking about a2kers who i hardly know... wishing them well in all sorts of different ways. Sometimes i can go to a thread and say something - sometimes i can't.. but that doesn't stop me reading along and caring.

In my world, a2k is a place to go... a place to be where i can feel less alone (sometimes) - And it is something else too. A kind of miracle.
(Well, Noddy would know... what i mean...)

If you are unwell - i hope you get well soon
If you are alone - You're not alone!
If you're sad or angry - Wishing you peace

Thinking about what this place means to a freak ...i just want to share this Nick Drake track with you (from his eary 70s album Pink Moon).. cheers a2k....

Place To Be -Nick Drake

Also

Happy Birthday today to Izzie Smile - here's a flower for ya

http://bp1.blogger.com/___J7dCvrkfY/RZUyzRWJ_aI/AAAAAAAAAC0/nZk9atigFUk/s400/gaurav.dhwaj.khadka.flower.nepal+(8).jpg

I am now going to go and try making shortbread from an ehBeth recipe -
http://able2know.org/topic/40131-1#post-1047164 (A little cultural treat)

(Hoping 'confectioner's sugar' is the same thing as 'icing sugar')
i've never eaten home made shortbread before... hopefully it will be a Christmas treat and not a complete f.... up ...

Oh yeah - and a distant 'friend' sent me a bottle of single malt whiskey that arrived in the post yesterday. I unwrapped it telling myself it was going to be a bottle of red wine (which i've been allowing myself on occasion) but no.. there it was, a sealed time-bomb, waiting patiently for me to open it.

We shall see

In case i don't get another chance to tell you....Seasons Greetings and Happy new Year, where ever you are. Good will to all.

http://www.fnal.gov/pub/today/images06/WinterScene.jpg

~~~~~~ Time to chill out
Izzie

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:05 am
@Endymion,
Hey Endy

The first post up on the board when I signed on today..... is yours. Thanku so much for the flower for my birthday. THANKU. x

You write much that I agree with tho I cannot express it as you do, but I hear what you are saying. Sometimes I can go on a thread..... sometimes I can't........ I even write a whole post out.... then don't press the button - but I still think it and feel it. More than that.... I feel those other things.

yes.... A2K is a miracle in itself (Noddy would understand)... I believe for many of us. Finding strength in unknown quarters, finding peace in small silent circles of time travel, finding a way to speak where listening is given freely as a gift - and such a great gift to receive.

I can almost smell Beth-endy's shortbread..................

Take care hunni. Hope to see you back here soon. Seasons greetings to you.... and peace. xx

((((Endymion))))

<my email is in my profile, feel free mate... our timezones are the same.... I'm here all the time>

Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 07:20 am
@Izzie,
heres a post i wrote on the 'ask the cooks' thread just now then took off

Quote:
hello - doubt there's anyone around but thought i'd give it a go - i am making shortbread and at the final mixing together stage but i'm only getting what looks like a crumble mix. its not binding together - looks like crumbs- do i just press that into the tin or what?

jeez of course i f.... do!

it was when i wrote the word 'crumbs' that it sunk in!! Smile

i'm going to go and put it in the oven -
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 07:22 am

its starting to look like a f.... up
Izzie

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 07:51 am
@Endymion,
No no no.... it'll be fine Endy........ listen, I can burn water - your shortbread will be just great!!!! Razz
Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 08:33 am
@Izzie,
OMG

It worked.
i mean it REALLY worked!

i'm in heaven

Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 08:47 am
@Endymion,

I'm going to have a look around and see if i can find some camera batteries - take a picture to show ehbeth.. before i start in on this humongous shortbread biscuit that i've made myself Smile
Making it was quite exciting really - i don't usually follow recipes - especially ones that involve 'cups'. It was a bit like a chemistry experiment.
But smells great...
Izzie

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 08:58 am
@Endymion,
mmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gooooood! I bet it's fantastic..... there ya go Endy - GOOD ON YOU MATE <of course, it woulda been great - it was Bethies recipe... she's the fairy cakemaker ya know! HA>

Happy Christmas love - catch ya later x Razz
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 08:59 am
Thanks Izzie - see ya
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 09:34 am
FREAK REVIEW

Nick Drake- Pink Moon

(Not too keen on any visuals when listening to these songs- but there's nothing else)

You know when you hear an album and it seems to change reality around you because it is so profound? (dark side of the moon when i was 13 ).

I'd never heard of Nick Drake (English folk singer/songwriter) until the actor Heath Ledger died. (Ledger admitted to having a long-time obsession with Drake, who also died of an overdose of drugs, accidental or otherwise, 5 years before Ledger was born. Drake was 26 when he died.)

The Pink Moon album (early 70s) is only half an hour long.
Apart from a few notes on a piano in the title track, it's just one man and one acoustic guitar right the way through.

The tracks are haunting and I'm learning them fast.
Also, I realise that they are so, because they say less... they leave gaps for the listener to fill themselves and make the song their own. I think that is something which has really been lacking in my work.. Too much has been too literal.

Apparently, the Pink Moon track was used for a Volkswagen commercial on tv, which might have damaged it, i don't know... but that doesn't affect me because i haven't got a tv.

Drake was too shy and introvert to succeed as a celebrity - and Pink Moon (his last recorded) did not sell well.

Until 30 years later of course, when it had appeared in an advert, selling more copies then than in all the years since his death.

The album is very powerful. It has really had an affect on me.

Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 09:42 am

BTW-- i watched Ken Loach's newish film (with the word Barley in the title which i can't remember now but about the troubles in Ireland) and I was disappointed. Just wanted to say that, after i praised him up a page back.
Kes is an outstanding film, imo - he has nothing to prove.. but what a waste... not going to go on about it..
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 10:03 am
Quote:
Sometimes I can go on a thread..... sometimes I can't........ I even write a whole post out.... then don't press the button

hey Izzie - thanks for pressing the button
(now i'm going to go and look for those batteries)
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 12:14 pm
Darn, still no shortbread photo. Oh well, I'm sitting here with a mug of tea and a couple of rich tea biscuits (they're from England, so there's a freaky connection for you). Merry Christmas, Endy, if I don't see you around (computer issues). Take care.
0 Replies

Endymion

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2008 04:26 pm
http://sc.groups.msn.com/tn/9A/10/TheRavensRealm/142/23d8.jpg

well...here it is. It ain't exactly pretty, but it tastes better than i'd imagined - not too sweet.. Smile .. (i need to find a tin for this lot)
can't get a bigger picture from raven - its such a long url or something - won't take it.

Hey cheers Tai Chi..hope you have a good one... take it easy