Let's get rid of the Electoral College

farmerman

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 02:03 pm
@oralloy,
You say you have a good memory, I submit that its just not too long in duration.
Ive explained and explained the EC (constitutional implant) n "Winner take all" a Congressional(non Constitutional) whimsey of 1824.

Dont be engaging in sealioning with me , do the work or yourself and see what results of proportional elector selection actually means. Dont just remain silent and just proffer up baseless jabs, thats small minded and somewhat childish
oralloy

Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2021 02:19 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
You say you have a good memory, I submit that its just not too long in duration.

You're just lying about me to distract from your failure to defend your position.

farmerman wrote:
Ive explained and explained the EC (constitutional implant) n "Winner take all" a Congressional(non Constitutional) whimsey of 1824.

What you've not done is explain how there is any problem whatsoever with winner-take-all.

farmerman wrote:
Dont be engaging in sealioning with me,

Pointing out that you are wrong is not sealioning.

farmerman wrote:
do the work or yourself and see what results of proportional elector selection actually means.

I have.

There are zero reasons to transition away from winner take all.

farmerman wrote:
Dont just remain silent

I'm not silent in any way.

farmerman wrote:
and just proffer up baseless jabs, thats small minded and somewhat childish

The only baseless jabs here have been your lies about me.
MontereyJack

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2021 10:44 pm
@oralloy,
undere winner-tak-all, 60,000 people overrode the 3 million votes margin hillary had, to give us the worst president in american history, four years of malfeasance, chaos, american deaths. that';s a problem.
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 12:00 am
@MontereyJack,
Ollie lik disenfranchisement of the other side. Then ,if that doesnt work, he whines about "Stolen elections" (but only in the districts where his boy is being beaten , he allows the vote in any districts where his boy leads)

Proportional selection of electors will make it more fair to all sides.
)
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 03:05 am
@farmerman,
Progressives are the only ones who enjoy disenfranchising people.

Proportional selection of electors will not do anything to make anything more fair.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 03:06 am
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
undere winner-tak-all, 60,000 people overrode the 3 million votes margin hillary had,

Winner take all had nothing to do with that. And changing winner take all will do nothing to change that.

Not that this is something that needs to be changed. But change or not, it's nothing whatsoever to do with winner take all.

MontereyJack wrote:
the worst president in american history, four years of malfeasance,

Hardly.

MontereyJack wrote:
american deaths.

Joe Biden killed those people.
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 05:21 am
@oralloy,
In this last election period the GOP has demonstrated clearly that it is the party of voter suppression. Apparently you were in a 9 month coma?
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 05:29 am
@oralloy,
The worst president in our histoy was James Buchanan for actually failing to broker any kind f agreements between the Republic an the future Confederacy. The Civil War has been called "Buchanan's War" by many historians.

BUT, after that, Donald J Trump is the second worst president in the history our nation for his policy of clownish lies, treasonous actions, calumny, and self -dealing
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 09:36 am
@farmerman,
The fact that the progressives hate a president does not make them a bad president.

Not to mention the fact that progressives always label the most recent Republican president as the worst ever.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 09:38 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
In this last election period the GOP has demonstrated clearly that it is the party of voter suppression. Apparently you were in a 9 month coma?

Preventing Democrats from cheating is not voter suppression.

There is only one party that has a recent history of disenfranchising people, and that is the Democratic Party.

If we're going to stop discussing winner-take-all and just make this a thread for whining about Mr. Trump I may move on to a different thread for now. I'm only keeping up with one thread at a time today so as to not cut into my World of Warcraft playing time.
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 11:56 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Preventing Democrats from cheating is not voter suppression

a fallacious statement that has been totally debunked and found baseless in at least 60 court cases. When you wanna believe in BIGFOOT, noone is gonna stop you. So keep your fairy tales out of the factual news.

Trump is a lying idiot and you follow the trail of his crumbs. Have you no ability to think for yourself and assess facts and evidence.

I once state that you had the acuity of a 14 year old, I wa wrong, Youre more like an 11 year old.

farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 11:58 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

The fact that the progressives hate a president does not make them a bad presiden
While true, Trump hqs been evaluated by his deeds and tall tales
0 Replies

revelette3

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 12:08 pm
@MontereyJack,
Not to mention lifetime conservative judges who more often vote in favor of voting suppression.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 01:04 pm
@revelette3,
Again, preventing Democrats from cheating is not voter suppression.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 01:06 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Have you no ability to think for yourself and assess facts and evidence.
I once state that you had the acuity of a 14 year old, I wa wrong, Youre more like an 11 year old.

One of us has a 170 IQ, but it's not you.

As I previously noted, your whining about Mr. Trump is boring. Let me know when you want to address "winner take all" again.
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 03:40 pm
@oralloy,
mine is probably higher if you claim a number. I know you're a doofus, Ive read what you consider your "genius prose". Its banal and more often just flat wrong.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 04:30 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
mine is probably higher if you claim a number.

If you had any sort of intelligence, you would be able to actually back up your claims instead of lying about other people all the time.

farmerman wrote:
I know you're a doofus, Ive read what you consider your "genius prose". Its banal and more often just flat wrong.

You have a big mouth, but you're nothing but a fraud and a phony. You cannot back up your empty talking by actually pointing out errors in my posts.
farmerman

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 04:50 pm
@oralloy,
All I seem to get from you is your mantra about " not being wrong' and your fact-free bumper sticker about your SB score. We both know that the only reason you duck to a cowardly cover to announce an SB score is to "Impress" your correspondents into some kind of submission. Thats just dumass childishness.Some 0thers may be impressed, I am not. Ive taught and worked with many people much smarter than you or I. The first thing qwe understand is that we dont know everything. You, by using a score , are just trying to claim a position based on mere warrant.

You are really a boring mass of gas.
Adults dont do that. Youre mostly unable to carry a debate through without ducking behind your mantras and bumper stickers, yet you dont even know that you come off like a fool.
oralloy

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 05:12 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
All I seem to get from you is your mantra about " not being wrong' and your fact-free bumper sticker about your SB score.

That's because all you ever do when your claims are challenged is change the subject to my intelligence and my posting history (at which point you lie about both).

You're not capable of actually defending the substance of your positions.

farmerman wrote:
We both know that the only reason you duck to a cowardly cover to announce an SB score is to "Impress" your correspondents into some kind of submission.

Wrong. Setting the record straight when you lie about me is neither ducking nor cowardly nor cover.

And wrong again. The reason why I set the record straight is because I dislike being lied about.

farmerman wrote:
You, by using a score, are just trying to claim a position based on mere warrant.

When you raise the issue of my intelligence and lie about it, I am within my rights to set the record straight.

farmerman wrote:
Youre mostly unable to carry a debate through without ducking behind your mantras and bumper stickers, yet you dont even know that you come off like a fool.

Wrong again. I can actually defend the substance of my positions.

You are the one who has to change the subject to lying about other people's intelligence because he can never defend the substance of his positions.
BillW

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2021 10:42 pm
@farmerman,
That's a major part of the definition of a fool, not knowing one is one.