You can keep your socks on

PDiddie

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:55 pm
@dyslexia,
So glad to hear you're doing/feeling better.
dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 08:57 pm
@PDiddie,
PDiddie wrote:

So glad to hear you're doing/feeling better.
yeah, I quite peeing in the bathroom sink.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
You know, that's a heck of a good point. How about an argyle tattoo, and save the bother?
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:04 pm
@roger,
Sure. But, its a variation of who's going to bell the cat?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:20 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

3 weeks today since my surgery, 1st week confined to wheelchair, 2nd week mix of wheelchair and walker, today I started using a cane with which I can motorvate most of the house s-l-o-w-l-y but I am feeling far more independent (still can't put my socks on) I hope to have the staples removed from the surgical incision next week. Hosp clinic not having much success stabilizing my Coumadin as every blood test shows way under or way over therapeutic levels. Sleeping well even though my hip/butt still hurts, down to 1 pain pill per day taken at bed-time.

It all sounds good Dys, but an unfortunate side effect of the recovery is that your basic personality is coming back. Any way we can reverse that?
dyslexia

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:43 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

dyslexia wrote:

3 weeks today since my surgery, 1st week confined to wheelchair, 2nd week mix of wheelchair and walker, today I started using a cane with which I can motorvate most of the house s-l-o-w-l-y but I am feeling far more independent (still can't put my socks on) I hope to have the staples removed from the surgical incision next week. Hosp clinic not having much success stabilizing my Coumadin as every blood test shows way under or way over therapeutic levels. Sleeping well even though my hip/butt still hurts, down to 1 pain pill per day taken at bed-time.

It all sounds good Dys, but an unfortunate side effect of the recovery is that your basic personality is coming back. Any way we can reverse that?
well GeorgeOB, if I was to acquire a personality I would probably end up living in Studio City L.A. in a townhouse driving an Audi A6 wearing Dockers with banded collar stripped shirts, drinking gaz water with lemon and marketing high-clonics to media personalities. too much excitement for this dull witted soul.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:44 pm
@dyslexia,
Hiss.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 09:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Clearly Dys is fully recovered and back to his awful self again. Even his usually ardent supporter, Osso, couldn't quite swallow that one !

It's all the same to me - I never really liked him.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:07 pm
@georgeob1,
I like him well enough but he and I disagree about Los Angeles. (He's been there, oh, maybe a day, most of that in traffic.)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:17 pm
@dyslexia,
Goodish.

: )

Dianne never answered my email...is she ok?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 11:57 pm
@dlowan,
Sounds all not to bad, even the A6 isn't the worst idea.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 08:27 am
Dys, you're sounding more like yourself every day. (This is a good thing...right?)
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 09:05 am
@dlowan,
Diane told me she had about 400 e-mails to read when she got back on her computer. She probably hasn't got to yours yet.

BBB
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 09:53 am
dyslexia wrote:
well GeorgeOB, if I was to acquire a personality I would probably end up living in Studio City L.A.

That is actually a good idea, dyslexia. My daughter lives there and works as a casting assistant for Warner Brothers Television. She could get you tons of work as a "character" actor. Think of how proud Diane would be.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 10:35 am
@wandeljw,
How would you get Dys to remove his stetson to play non-cowboy characters?

BBB
wandeljw

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 11:00 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
He can wear his stetson for all the non-cowboy parts I was thinking of: crazy bikers, a biographical film on Gustav Ratzenhofer, for example. He can also get a lot of roles as the "embarrassing relative" in contemporary urban comedies.
Tai Chi

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 11:07 am
@wandeljw,
wandeljw wrote:

He can wear his stetson for all the non-cowboy parts I was thinking of: crazy bikers, a biographical film on Gustav Ratzenhofer, for example. He can also get a lot of roles as the "embarrassing relative" in contemporary urban comedies.

So, you're thinking he could just be himself Very Happy
wandeljw

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 11:10 am
@Tai Chi,
You are correct, Tai Chi. I hope Dyslexia appreciates my ideas.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 11:21 am
@wandeljw,
hey wandel, a rattlesnake just bit me on the ass, could you do me a favor?
wandeljw

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 12:01 pm
@dyslexia,
I get your drift, dyslexia. Once again, I failed to acknowledge how deeply complex your personality is.