You can keep your socks on

wandeljw

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 09:48 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
good day yesterday, Lady dropped me off at UNM Hospital lobby and using my walker I made it to the second floor Coumadin clinic (about 3 miles more or less) Lady met me at clinic with wheelchair, the clinic dropped my Coumadin about %75 we then went to Calico Cafe where we ate huevos rancheros consisting of corn tortillas fried lightly, and fried eggs with a tomato"greenchili saulsa. Refried beans (frijoles refritos), , fried potatoes, and extra chili peppers. I am down to one pain pill (Darvin) per day. I get the staples taken out from my surgery in 2 weeks.

Sounds like you are doing much better, Dys!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 09:50 am
@dyslexia,
Your coumadin dose will be based upon a "pro-time" test that you will need to to take at about 3 to month intervals. The protime clot factor is determined by your own personal chemistry and your diet.
I always charge my pro time based upon a normal diest for me. Where they have problems is when somebody gows on a low K diet and then take a pro time blood test, only later to be found out to be insufficient dosage because the patient upped his intake of Huevos RAncheros
dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 10:14 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Your coumadin dose will be based upon a "pro-time" test that you will need to to take at about 3 to month intervals. The protime clot factor is determined by your own personal chemistry and your diet.
I always charge my pro time based upon a normal diest for me. Where they have problems is when somebody gows on a low K diet and then take a pro time blood test, only later to be found out to be insufficient dosage because the patient upped his intake of Huevos RAncheros
I'm taking the pro=time 2 x weekly for now.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 10:31 am
@dyslexia,
It really sounds that you are doing a lot better!
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 10:47 am
@dyslexia,
Great to hear of your continuing progress!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:11 am
yes, I do feel I am recovering even though all the medicos are telling me it will be 6 months before walking unaided. On the other hand I am looking at getting rid of the motor-home and the Porsche; Walter was the last to drive the Porsche and that was about 9 months ago and it's a shame to have such a car sitting all wrapped up in the garage. It's been over a year since the motor-home was driven and I pay storage rent on it every month . For this year I am hoping to be able to do some gardening (tomatos and such) but that's about it.
Thomas

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 11:17 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
Walter was the last to drive the Porsche and that was about 9 months ago and it's a shame to have such a car sitting all wrapped up in the garage.

Only because you were so stingy about the usage of the Porsche. Blatham, for example, was deeply offend when I told him that just about everyone at the meetup was allowed to drive the Porsche. "B b b but he never asked me if I wanted to drive it", he answered with a shaky voice before bursting into tears.
Eva

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:09 pm
I'm so glad to hear you're doing better, Dys! Sounds like the recovery is progressing well.

I know how attached you are to the Porsche. I hope you don't get rid of it too soon.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:23 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Quote:
Walter was the last to drive the Porsche and that was about 9 months ago and it's a shame to have such a car sitting all wrapped up in the garage.

Only because you were so stingy about the usage of the Porsche. Blatham, for example, was deeply offend when I told him that just about everyone at the meetup was allowed to drive the Porsche. "B b b but he never asked me if I wanted to drive it", he answered with a shaky voice before bursting into tears.
now I'm totally embarrassed, I've never been protective about anyone driving the Porsche, especially Bernie. Just a brain fart on my part I assume.
Izzie

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:35 pm
@dyslexia,
Dys... there you are! Tomatoes sounds good - tomato sauces, tomato soups, stuffed tomatoes, fried green tomatoes...

do you say tomato... or tomayyyyyto!

<ooh, can feel a song coming along>

glad to hear you are doing so well. so so glad. x
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:37 pm
@dyslexia,
Don't worry about it. You never liked Bernie anyway. And neither did I.

... and he didn't cry either. He wasn't even offended. But why would I let that keep me from improving the story?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 01:20 pm
Glad to hear you're feeling better, dys. Not offended I didn't get to drive the Porsche. I don't have a license.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 02:59 pm
I am very sad to announce that just over two or so weeks ago I committed suicide. It hurt.
dlowan

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 03:18 pm
@blatham,
Glad Dys is feeling better.

http://foxtrotters.tripod.com/hapycolr4.gif
littlek

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:35 pm
Quote:
we then went to Calico Cafe where we ate huevos rancheros consisting of corn tortillas fried lightly, and fried eggs with a tomato"greenchili saulsa. Refried beans (frijoles refritos), , fried potatoes, and extra chili peppers.

Huevos Rancheros! <big, painfully pathetic sigh>

I'm glad to see you are feeling better and that they are getting your meds leveled right.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:39 pm
@dlowan,
Indeed. But this is a car thing. It's important.
Eva

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:47 pm
@blatham,
I'm sorry to hear about the suicide, Bernie. If it doesn't depress you too much to hear it, I hope you recover soon.
blatham

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 04:54 pm
@Eva,
I consider the chances slim.
Eva

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 05:05 pm
@blatham,
Well then, my congratulations or condolences, whichever you prefer.

To Lola, my sympathy. (Whichever way it goes. You must be a handful.)

blatham

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 05:09 pm
@Eva,
She didn't notice.