You can keep your socks on

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Dec, 2008 09:49 pm
@ossobuco,
Aaag, I think a stroke thread would be good, but I don't feel like starting it, right now, whatever my temporary bravado. A stroke thread could be useful past the usual googleings, and some may have been started before. Guessing, maybe by Phoenix.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 01:08 am
@msolga,
Not that we like him.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 01:25 am
@dyslexia,
I'm sure no-one here likes him.
msolga

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 01:46 am
@Walter Hinteler,
<nodding in agreement>
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 02:11 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:
I am able to get around a bit using a walker and can sit up about 2 hours at a time.

As you're getting better, please do feed the cat in the garage...

(((dys)))..
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 08:28 am
@dyslexia,
is is a good thing.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 08:30 am
@dyslexia,
Good to see ya!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 12:55 pm
Wow, dys must be the most dys-liked guy on a2k.

Hugs to d & D.
PDiddie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 06:53 pm
@dyslexia,
How nice it is to see your own words here.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 07:04 pm
@mac11,
He couldn't be dyspicable could he, he's way to cute to that! Not that I like him! Hugs to our Lady Di - hope you are taking care of yourself girl.... and our cowboy too xx
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 07:13 pm
I tell you all, this stroke business is a nasty business, I am handicapped to a degree but thats not the bad part, the bad part is that I am dependent on Lady Diane for all my needs which makes me resentful which in turn makes her resentful which makes me feel sorry for meself. If it wasn't for self-pity I would convert to caholicism.
djjd62

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 07:51 pm
@dyslexia,
you need to look at mormonism, get some extra helpers Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 19 Dec, 2008 08:05 pm
@dyslexia,
I know all about being completely dependent. Maybe we should share details privately, though.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 01:34 am
@dyslexia,
Quote:
If it wasn't for self-pity I would convert to caholicism.

Very Happy

Well, dys, at least you haven't lost your sense of humour. A good sign, I always think.

Warm greetings to both of you. Here's hoping things get a bit easier soon.
Izzie

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 02:40 pm
@msolga,
Checking in on Lady Di and the cowboy. Thinking of you both. xx
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 02:58 pm
@djjd62,
Djjd, I had to reply to your post because it has such a special meaning for me.

Having left a very unhappy marriage of 34 years (yes, I'm a slow learner), along came the cowboy and I was back in the saddly again, so to speak). I sure that was way too much information for you, but songs about moonlight just don't do it for me the way that one does. Embarrassed

And yes, he might be adverse to a hug, but a hug he will get, from you and all his friends, gentle hugs that is. Adverse, cantankerous, he really loves you all, and don't believe him if he gets on and denys it all.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 03:03 pm
Mac11 and Izzie, I'd love to get you two in a room together. Dyslikable and dyspicable. I wonder just how long the two of you could keep it going?

Izzie

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 03:09 pm
@Diane,
Reckon we'd all be indystructible in a room together - what a party that would be a? Hope you are taking care of yourself too Lady D. x
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 03:15 pm
Dys is right about the resentfulness, but not the cause of resentment on my part. I love being able to take care of him.

On the other hand, I have to admit to calling him a goddam son of a bitch for refusing to go to the hospital, knowing all along that he probably wasn't fully aware of what was happening to him.

I feel we all have the right to make our own decisions, but when it affects the people who love you deeply, a decision like that should not be made without giving a single thought to how the other person (me) will be affected.

I'm very greedy, and he knows it. He has known all along that I want him for as long as possible. We also have a living will, so I wasn't trying to keep him alive just to have a warm body without the presence of Bob, a being that is missing the essence of Dys and all that he is, wonderful, witty, brilliant and maddeningly stubborn.
wandeljw

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 03:28 pm
@Diane,
Very understandable, Diane.

I made a similar mistake a few years ago. My wife offered to drive me to the hospital in the middle of the night. I told her no and that I would feel better after I got some sleep. In the morning I was too weak to walk, so an ambulance carried me away. (I had pneumonia and severe dehydration. I had thought it was only a simple flu.)

One of the emergency technicians talked to my daughter who was only five at the time. My daughter brought out her toy doctor's kit and compared stethoscopes with the emergency technician.
0 Replies