13
   

to all the bigots here...

 
 
chai2
 
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:27 pm
I don't hate you, but I sure do pity you all.

you can say what you want about me, and it could never offend.

That's because you know that in the big picture, you're small and powerless. How could I be offended or frightened by someone like that?

Everything you do, your foul language, insults, the lies you spread aren't worth my time.

Not all the McCain supports are bigots, not by far. But it appears all the bigots are McCain followers.

I can't say I've been discrimated against for the color of my skin. But for all the times I've had to sit and get an earful of your dumb jokes, half-baked notions, ridiculous predictions about race wars, knowing anything I said wasn't going to stop you, I think I have a small glimmer how the target of your hate feels.

I don't understand why anyone here bothers to respond to your kind. I don't find it hard to ignore you when I want, with or without an ignore button.

Like a lot of people, I'm proud of my country today. However, far beyond being a citizen of the US and always first, I'm a citizen of this planet. As an Earthling, I can't be bothered with petty crap like the color of someones skin tissue.

Ok, you're all going back into my own little ignore box. Have fun seething in there.

I'm closing the lid....

Click.
 
maporsche
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:28 pm
@chai2,
All the bigots are McCain followers?

Seriously?



I hope Obama's race isn't an issue after a few days! I can't take 4-8 years of this.
Gargamel
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:31 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

All the bigots are McCain followers?

Seriously?



I hope Obama's race isn't an issue after a few days! I can't take 4-8 years of this.


Well, would it make sense for someone racially bigoted to support Obama? It's not that outrageous a statement.
maporsche
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:32 pm
@Gargamel,
Sure it is? Can only white people be racially bigoted?
Gargamel
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:33 pm
@maporsche,
Ah, I see your point.
0 Replies
 
Miller
 
  -1  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:40 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

Can only white people be racially bigoted?


No

0 Replies
 
Miller
 
  -2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:41 pm
@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

I hope Obama's race isn't an issue after a few days! I can't take 4-8 years of this.


He's 50% white and 50% black. Which "race" do you think will be the ISSUE?
maporsche
 
  0  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:41 pm
@Miller,
You know which one.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 12:49 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I don't hate you, but I sure do pity you all.

you can say what you want about me, and it could never offend.

That's because you know that in the big picture, you're small and powerless. How could I be offended or frightened by someone like that?

Everything you do, your foul language, insults, the lies you spread aren't worth my time.

Not all the McCain supports are bigots, not by far. But it appears all the bigots are McCain followers.

I can't say I've been discrimated against for the color of my skin. But for all the times I've had to sit and get an earful of your dumb jokes, half-baked notions, ridiculous predictions about race wars, knowing anything I said wasn't going to stop you, I think I have a small glimmer how the target of your hate feels.

I don't understand why anyone here bothers to respond to your kind. I don't find it hard to ignore you when I want, with or without an ignore button.

Like a lot of people, I'm proud of my country today. However, far beyond being a citizen of the US and always first, I'm a citizen of this planet. As an Earthling, I can't be bothered with petty crap like the color of someones skin tissue.

Ok, you're all going back into my own little ignore box. Have fun seething in there.

I'm closing the lid....

Click.

This isn't very specific. Who said something bigoted? Can you give an example? You've basically said that McCain supporters tend to be bigots, but oddly give no specifics whatever.

Incidentally, as a white person, I have absolutely been the target of racist comments during my life, just for being white.
Setanta
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:01 pm
@Brandon9000,
Apparently, you have not seen Pamela Rosa's "RIP USA" thread, or read some of the many really vile posts which cjhsa has made.
ebrown p
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
I have absolutely been the target of racist comments during my life, just for being white.


This is a load of bull.

My son gets followed around in stores, simply because of the color of his skin. Can you imagine how this feels to a teen aged boy?

I have quite pale white skin. I have never had to deal with this type of indignity and neither have you.


Brandon9000
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:15 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

Quote:
I have absolutely been the target of racist comments during my life, just for being white.


This is a load of bull.

My son gets followed around in stores, simply because of the color of his skin. Can you imagine how this feels to a teen aged boy?

I have quite pale white skin. I have never had to deal with this type of indignity and neither have you.

Really? I have been called a honkie and once even slapped in the face, merely for daring to walk down an inner city street in my white skin. You're displaying your ignorance by claiming to know more about someone else's experience than he does.
0 Replies
 
maporsche
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:17 pm
@ebrown p,
I'm white and I was followed around in stores when I was a kid too.

Most kids are followed around in stores and it has nothing to do with their race.
0 Replies
 
tarakesh
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:25 pm
@maporsche,
Maybe not all the bigots of the world are McCain followers, but I think Chai2 is referring to bigots on this forum. I haven't been here very long but it seems that the bigoted comments (Pamela Rosa's being the most shocking) have been anti black, while I haven't found such vile anti white comments here. But I'm a newbie here, so feel free to correct. Wink
0 Replies
 
Woiyo9
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:32 pm
I was afraid this would occur this day. Is this what the next 4 years holds? People calling other people names because of the color of their skin?

I have been involved in that game my whole life. I was hoping that if Obama won, this would end.

But as usual, I am not surprised at the reaction of the many in society and also on A2K.

OCCOM BILL
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:33 pm
@ebrown p,
Black racism sucks just like White racism does... but it is NOT the same. Some people don't understand words like retribution. He who can't see the culpability difference between bad actions and a bad reactions is obtuse. This obtuseness betrays shades of racism... whether it is deliberate, or not, and regardless of how much the exhibitors of same protest.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:35 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Black racism sucks just like White racism does... but it is NOT the same. Some people don't understand words like retribution. He who can't see the culpability difference between bad actions and a bad reactions is obtuse. This obtuseness betrays shades of racism... whether the obtuseness is deliberate, or not, and regardless of how much the exhibitors of same protest.

The essence of racism is to punish one person for something another member of the same race did. It's all racism, and to condone it in any case is racist. Each person should be judged as an individual based on his own actions, not on the actions of his race as a whole.
OCCOM BILL
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:38 pm
@Brandon9000,
Read what you quoted, Brandon. That disputes nothing I wrote.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:40 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Read what you quoted, Brandon. That disputes nothing I wrote.

I see. Alright. Anyway, I never intended to de-rail the intended thread topic, so I'll try to withdraw.
0 Replies
 
ebrown p
 
  2  
Reply Wed 5 Nov, 2008 01:47 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

The essence of racism is to punish one person for something another member of the same race did. It's all racism, and to condone it in any case is racist. Each person should be judged as an individual based on his own actions, not on the actions of his race as a whole.


I agree with this completely. I also agree that black people are sometimes racist toward whites and I may even agree with you on specific examples.

What you are completely wrong about is the experience of our society as a whole.

Our society has improved greatly since the days of lynchings and segregtion... and the fact that Obama can be president is a very good sign of this.

To claim that the racism now experienced by Black and Hispanic kids, in general is the same as racism experienced by White kids, is completely false. There are still stereotypes which play out in real life that I have seen hurt real kids I care about.

Of course, the most harmful bigotry now is aimed at Middle Eastern and Arabic people. In some ways it seems like for all the improvements with some groups, we are now much worse in others.

Maybe the amount of racial bigotry doesn't really change-- except for every so often we find new targets.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » to all the bigots here...
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2020 at 05:02:23