@Francis,

Quote:
Hi, Walter!

Now, let's not derail this thread

I thought we already had, Francis! Laughing
msolga

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 03:10 am
@msolga,
Please continue the discussion of the thread topic now ..........
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 6 Nov, 2008 05:39 am
@Eorl,
Quote:
Nah....it's all good.

Today is like, in the super hero comics, when the superhero has won and reaches out to save the bad guy from falling to his doom,but the bad guy spits in his face, slips and gets himself fatally impaled...and screams all kinds of terrible abuse as his last remaining act of defiance in the face of certain defeat.

Racist America is dead. The rednecks are taking down their flags (just ask OMSIG) and heading deep into the woods.

I like that picture you painted.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:11 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Apparently, you have not seen Pamela Rosa's "RIP USA" thread, or read some of the many really vile posts which cjhsa has made.

You're right. I took one look at that post and closed it immediately, so I forgot. I still think the generalization about McCain supporters is unfair, though.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:19 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
I still think the generalization about McCain supporters is unfair, though.
It is unfair. John McCain conceded with a great deal of class. Supporters like yourself, Tico, Finn, hell even Foxy followed suit. It is absurd to judge conservatives in general by the statements of the idiotic, bigoted gun-nuts like David and Cjhsa.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:23 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
I still think the generalization about McCain supporters is unfair, though.
It is unfair. John McCain conceded with a great deal of class. Supporters like yourself, Tico, Finn, hell even Foxy followed suit. It is absurd to judge conservatives in general by the statements of the idiotic, bigoted gun-nuts like David and Cjhsa.

Agreed. It would be great if the losers of an election could always behave like a loyal opposition. In some countries, the incumbent refuses to leave office and there are tanks in the streets. We need to live up to the ideals of the Founders. I argued for my candidate up to the moment of the election, and now I'll support the winner. None of this stops anyone from arguing his opinions.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 12:50 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I don't hate you, but I sure do pity you all.

Yeah, those bigoted, racist Obama supporters are still carrying a huge chip on their shoulders.

I don't hate them, but I do feel sorry for them.
Gargamel

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hey, H20 Man, did you hear?

OBAMA IS GOING TO BE PRESIDENT!

Just wanted to make sure you got the news. I may continue to remind you from hereforth, just to be 100%.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:05 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

Just wanted to make sure you got the news. I may continue to remind you from hereforth, just to be 100%.

I'll also remind you that there is an election every four years, and that really isn't very long. If you and other winners continue to lord it over the losers, you may be out at the next election. For your party to remain in the White House, you have to make everyone happy, not just your side.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:06 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Gargamel wrote:

I'll also remind you that there is an election every four years, and that really isn't very long. If you and other winners continue to lord it over the losers, you may be out at the next election. For your party to remain in the White House, you have to make everyone happy, not just your side.

No, we don't have to make the assholes on our message boards happy. Our decisions about what to write or not write makes practically zero difference.

So, screw you, Conservatives. You got your asses kicked and we're going to pass some Liberal policies for the next several years. Suck it up and get used to being the little dog in the pack for a while.

Cycloptichorn
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:08 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Gargamel wrote:

No, we don't have to make the assholes on our message boards happy. Our decisions about what to write or not write makes practically zero difference.

So, screw you, Conservatives. You got your asses kicked and we're going to pass some Liberal policies for the next several years. Suck it up and get used to being the little dog in the pack for a while.

Cycloptichorn

I said that in order to remain in the White House, you need to make the whole country happy. With this kind of post, you're only serving to make your side look bad. Four years is not long in the scheme of things.
Bella Dea

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:09 pm
Brandon is right. (he's like, the only sane conservative here). 4 years ain't that long folks.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:09 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Gargamel wrote:

I do see, between the lines, your point.

But if four years isn't a long time, why are so many conservatives losing their minds? Granted, it isn't fair to lump every conservative with the likes of certain mental-cripples around these parts that need not be named.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:11 pm
@Brandon9000,
Hey Gargoyle, are you just now realizing that Obama is president elect? You sure are dense!

Brandon9000 wrote:

I'll also remind you that there is an election every four years, and that really isn't very long.
If you and other winners continue to lord it over the losers, you may be out at the next election.
For your party to remain in the White House, you have to make everyone happy, not just your side.

Excellent point Brandon, except that I don't think there are any losers.
Bush is working hard to make the transition of power go smoothly and
Obama went to work the morning after the election. Even though I do
not agree with the liberal agenda... Obama will be my president and I
will support him as best I can. His 4 years will pass quickly...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:13 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
With this kind of post, you're only serving to make your side look bad.
Not true. It is no fairer to impugn the Left with Cyclo's classless banter than it is to impugn the Right with Cjhsa's.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 7 Nov, 2008 01:17 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
With this kind of post, you're only serving to make your side look bad.
Not true. It is no fairer to impugn the Left with Cyclo's classless banter than it is to impugn the Right with Cjhsa's.

I just don't think it makes much of a difference in the long run what people say on internet message boards. And I'm not in some sort of competition to show that I'm 'better' than the right-wingers; Democrats have been on the receiving end of a huge amount of vitriol and abuse for the last 8 years, to the point of being constantly accused of being un-American and traitors by these mouth-breathers. I do not respect them, for they do not deserve my respect; and I banter with them because I enjoy doing so.

Cycloptichorn