You guys are like wolves

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 09:49 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Then, at the time we were going to start a big remodel job anyway, Wally just blasted it with a shot gun through the ceiling in the living room.

Wally rocks!
chai2

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 11:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
(warming up to the subject....)

oh, it get's even better.

A few weeks later when his daughter came for a visit, he felt the need to show her where he drug the deceased racoon out of the ceiling....

He lifted up the temporary panel he had put in, and a dead bat fell out and onto her head.

luckily, she has about the same temperment as him, and just chalked it up to experience.

funny.....I'm always at work when these things happen.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 01:13 am
@islandgirl,
Wolves we are like wolves? Does that mean that at any time Ms. Palin may be flying over and shooting at us<grin>.?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 10:43 am
@chai2,
last night as squinney and I were leaving the clubhouse after wrapping up an event I saw HUGE Possum right in front of me. No punchline, I was just startled by how humongous he(she) was.... way bigger than a giant raccoon...
chai2

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 02:53 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
did it start making these weird clicking sounds and slide toward you like that dead Asian kid in that movie?
spendius

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2008 05:00 pm
@chai2,
Do wolves eat possums? Is the plural pussi?
0 Replies

islandgirl

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 09:28 am
@chai2,
chai2,

I was trying to be humorous and lighthearted. I only have one username, although I have been known to logon after having a few glasses of wine, maybe that's the confusion.

I originally found this website last spring when I was trying to find out about shipping from overseas and I recieved some great advice. Since then I have started a few other discussions and even added my 2 cents worth to a few others.

When I mentioned that "You guys are like wolves" I don't think that anyone was attacking me personally, maybe picking things apart thinking that their was some deep meaning to a general opinion that I have about certian things, again mainly political. I have thick skin and I can take the heat. I enjoy this board and the many insightful people with their own great opinions.

Just curious, what other username do you think that I was using? I'd be curious to read their threads to see whom you are comparing me to.

What is the reference to Mr. Spock all about?
Wally Tea

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 10:23 am
@islandgirl,
Don't worry about chai, islandgirl. She is always making things up. What she said about me with dead racoons and dead bats is absolutely crazy!
chai2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 11:28 am
@Wally Tea,
Wally, would you please give me the damn address where you want those spurs sent? It's all your fault you forgot them when you left.

The fed ex is going out soon, and I don't want to have to make a special trip at the end of the day.
Wally Tea

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 11:42 am
@chai2,
Most delivery companies refuse to send drivers to where I am right now.

Thanks anyway, honey.
islandgirl

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 01:22 pm
@Wally Tea,
Gotta ask, where are you?
roger

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 01:29 pm
@islandgirl,
Probably in Texas, somewheres. I don't blame them for not sending delivery drivers down there.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 02:25 pm
@islandgirl,
I have no idea where Wally is.

I was hoping to draw him out with the promise of a delivery of spurs.
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 02:28 pm
@chai2,
ppppsssstt-

I see someone sleeping in a tent in the alley way back here.

Dunno

Looks like the guy has a computer in there...
islandgirl

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 02:43 pm
@Wally Tea,
Maybe he lives in an underground lair like Lex Luther.
roger

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 03:35 pm
@islandgirl,
Underground lair sounds like a wolf. See, back on topic.
islandgirl

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 04:20 pm
@roger,
Maybe I've always had an unknown obsession with wolves that until recently had remained in my subconscious. Thanks fellow A2kers for helping me make a breakthrough.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 04:57 pm
@shewolfnm,
Is there a dead possum with him?

I just want to know that he's eating well.
chai2

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 05:06 pm
@chai2,
Wally, if you're out there, somewhere in the night....

Possum Roll

1 possum
5 tbs balsamic vinegar
5 onions
2 cloves garlic
5 carrots
1 stalk celery
2 turnips
3 tomatoes
2 tbs cold pressed olive oil
1 clump italian parsley
1 tbs fresh rosemary
5 bay leaves
3 cloves
1 damper (like a hot dog roll)

First, skin the possum, checking first for lice, myxomitosis, and living young in the pouch.Separate legs from breast. Discard head, neck, tail and claws. If you wish, hold the offal for thanksgiving stuffing. Then cut the possum into long sringy pieces. Marinate overnight in vinegar, rosemary, bay leaf, clove, garlic & oil mixture. Make the roll: split the damper. Put aside.

Chop the carrot, turnip and tomato into small pieces, then cook with the rest of the ingredients, and stew in a pot, adding a chicken stock cube for seasoning. Dip the possum pieces in the pot, then barbecue for 20 minutes (or until cooked to personal taste).
spendius

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2008 05:22 pm
@chai2,
I'll have beans on toast if that's all right with rhubarb crumble and custard for afters.