Thank you letter school for receiving a scholarship

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:15 am
Hi guys, I'm writing a thank you letter to a school which I'm going to apply. Please check if I have any grammatical mistakes or not, and if my letter is formal enough. Thank you in advance.
Dear <name>
I am <name>, I am writing this letter to express my gratitude for the <Scholarship's name> that I received. I really appreciate your financial support during my education.
In addition, I have some questions and requests and I would be very pleased to receive your reply:
- I would like to receive the information of the tuition fees in detailed (Initial Invoice) for my four years of education in <school's name> and when do I have to pay them (for each semester or for each year)?
- I would like to know if I have a chance to win a scholarship for my next 3 years in <school name> if my foundation results are good enough?
Once again thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
<name>

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:43 am
I would suggest that you say thank you only in this letter. Expand on how this scholarship will help you at that school.

If you have questions and requests, then the registrar can answer them. These questions are not appropriate for a Thank You letter.
minhproxo

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:55 am
@PUNKEY,
Thank you for the reply Smile
Actually, the main purpose of my letter is to ask some questions for further informations, but because it's my first reply to the school since the time I received my scholarship so well... I have to say thanks first.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 07:59 am
If the MAIN PURPOSE of the letter is to have your questions answered, then it's OK.

Your post title led me to believe you were asking advice about a thank you letter.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2016 08:41 am
@minhproxo,
I'd suggest a simple thank you letter to the group that provided the scholarship (often it is not the school itself, but a foundation or group).

A separate letter confirming who to contact with questions about financial matters would follow.
0 Replies

selectmytutor

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2016 05:22 am
@minhproxo,
It's all correct
0 Replies