You guys are like wolves

dyslexia

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 01:58 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I find Foxy that gentle, caring, thoughtful, socially mature people are either having you on or aggressively trying to ram their moral superiority up your whatsit.
yeah, that would be me.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 02:26 pm
Well while interpreting Spendi-speak is an art form and often subjective at best, I guess I'll put down Spendi as one who respects the wolves more than the others. Sigh.
islandgirl

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 02:29 pm
@shewolfnm,
I think that I will get out of the political threads. Other than that this site has been most helpful. I really appreciate the feedback. I'm just sometimes startled when people get so heated on these boards, I've yet to get mad at my computer.
islandgirl

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 02:36 pm
@kuvasz,
Kuvasz, you have been most helpful, thank you once again

Kickycan, never had an offer of sex online before, their must be something awfully humorous though, everyone seems to find it funny.
spendius

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 03:33 pm
@Foxfyre,
Quote:
Well while interpreting Spendi-speak is an art form and often subjective at best, I guess I'll put down Spendi as one who respects the wolves more than the others. Sigh.

It isn't me Foxy. The only way to sell entertainment these days is using sex, preferably perverted, insanity, violence, catastrophe and vituperation.

Frank Harris invented modern journalism on the principle of "kissing and fighting."

The trouble with your thesis is that if we buy into your caring, thoughtful stuff we get screwed. One can only discern the true nature of women from those examples who had choices or who took them. I have read a great deal about such ladies and it is a sad and sorry tale I'm afraid. I'm reading a biog of Sarah Bernhardt at the moment and that's pretty hair-raising. The expression " infamous proposal" went into the lexicons at her behest. Her crazed lover refused it. And she was half civilised.

When it comes to the true nature of women I don't trust the ones who have no choices.

I'm a Benny Hill fan myself.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 03:46 pm
@islandgirl,
Kickycan, never had an offer of sex online before, their must be something awfully humorous though, everyone seems to find it funny

I think islandgirl is tth using a different username.

either that, or she's mr. spock.
martybarker

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 03:56 pm
@islandgirl,
When you say "you guys" who are you referring to exactly?

Isn't it a little weird that there have been suspicions of dual log-in names? Is this some personality disorder or certain individuals trying to jerk others around? Hmmmm
martybarker

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 04:01 pm
@chai2,
chai2,

I think you're really chai tea in disguise Wink
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 04:04 pm
@martybarker,
speaking of which... when I left last weekend all hell was breaking loose about trolls and multiple logins. Whatever came of that?

<off to look at all hell breaking loose threads.... >
caribou

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 04:36 pm
@JPB,
We need to start tagging them that...
It'll make them easier to find.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 05:00 pm
@JPB,
The thread was, I think, "Who Are You Ignoring" started by McGentrix. Folks kind of drifted off, as we are wont to do, in other directions. There was a bunch of discussion about (O)possums. Go figure.
spendius

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 05:36 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxy- when I read that Germaine Greer, who is now a professor of something or other at an elite university, had said that "men are like carrots: cheap and plentiful and easily cooked," I thought to myself that it summed us up perfectly.

One might easily see how an intelligent, flat chested, gawky, raw-boned, indignant young woman with a funny dialect could come by such a scientifically verifiable fact after having watched from the wallflower position her more well endowed sisters cream their wallets with such ease.

Be that as it may, I thought it best to take cognisence of science and tried, pathetically mostly, to make the best of these contingencies with which I had been landed by my dear mother and father.

Cheap and plentiful I can't avoid but I'm no longer easily cooked.

You don't need art to distinguish me from the ones who still are.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 06:28 pm
@realjohnboy,
There was a bunch of discussion about (O)possums. Go figure.

Oh wow, I can't believe you brought that up.....

I was biking around the neighborhood this morning, and there was a dead possum right in the middle of the road....or was it dead?

By the time I got close enough to see what kind of dead animal it was, it was too late to serve further away from it, and I had to pass right by the side that had the mouth.

I kept wondering for the next block if it was really dead, and hoped some kid, or anyone for that matter, didn't get too close to it.

God, those are the creepiest animals, what with that nasty white face and ugly body....makes me think of some kind of ghost....like a japanese ghost that will wake you up in the middle of the night and devour your face.

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/opossum-50391.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 06:46 pm
@chai2,
We had one in our neighborhood (one?) for a while - and I learned to like them. A possum in a liquidambar tree.. at midnight, cool. Hated to see recipes in, what, Realites magazine, shortly thereafter.

But ne'er mind, that had nothing to do with trolls.
chai2

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 06:48 pm
@ossobuco,
possums are demons from hell.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 08:54 pm
@chai2,
When it comes to roadkill...possums are at the top of the list. When I drive to work going the "back way" from here in the outskirts of Cville, I can always expect to see one or two of them. Without getting to be too graphic about this, possums die angry; usually baring their teeth.
Racoons rank second on the list followed by skunks. In a weird sort of way, the smell of a skunk from a 100 yards away isn't bad. It is actually an interesting smell. Not as unpleasant as you might expect.
I don't choose to drive the "back way" to work this time of year when it is still a little dark at 7:30 am. We have a big problem here with cars colliding with deer at that time of day.
When I get downtown, into the UVA district, it is all about squirrels. The smart ones use the wires to traverse Main Street. The stupid ones don't.
What was this topic about, again?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 08:57 pm
@realjohnboy,
voraciousness, I think.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 09:00 pm
@islandgirl,
lol island, this is THINE INTERNETZ< ALL ARE PREY< NONE ARE FRIENDS!!!

RaWrz!!!!!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 09:04 pm
Another drifting off into posts about possums digression thread?

hope you know that wolves eat possums.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2008 09:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
I totally agree with you, racoons are a close second.

We had one take up residence in our attic, and could not get rid of it, or capture it.

Then, at the time we were going to start a big remodel job anyway, Wally just blasted it with a shot gun through the ceiling in the living room.

You're right, skunks do smell interesting from a distance