No wonder Joe the Plumber Is worried About Taxes

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 04:39 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

...Now, you know I don't support lowering taxes for anyone at this time; the middle-class tax cuts Obama proposes are a disagreement I have with him.

Cycloptichorn

It does seem impossible to keep lowering taxes again and again without breaking the budget. Initially, it was a good idea to stimulate the economy and let Congress know that they ought to be thrifty, but it can't go on forever. I simply believe that everyone should be entitled to keep most of what they earn, including the rich, but I agree that the arrangement has to be equitable.
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 04:40 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Tell you what, Brandon Bubbie, you tell me what the PERCENTAGE Flat Tax you favor that will balance the Federal Budget as it is presently constructed and then we will talk.

Joe(hint: it raises your taxes)Nation

Whatever percentage is required to support a reasonable budget. I'm in favor of the principle of a flat tax rate, whether it raises my taxes or not. I don't need to do the calculation to know that I favor the idea.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 04:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Show me where I have discussed "Palin's daughter's sex life?" PLEASE, you wingnut.

I have discussed the issues, ad nauseum. It's not my fault you don't comprehend English or my posts.

The board liberals have discussed Palin's daughter's sex life as though it were material to the campaign, and, truth be told, you know that I understand English pretty well. It's unfortunate that so many liberals have to instantly make every political discussion personal. It would seem to be both childish and indicative of an inability to defend one's ideas.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 04:44 pm
@Brandon9000,
Cutting taxes do not stimulate the economy; that's a conservative myth perpetrated upon people who do not understand economics. Jobs stimulates the economy which in turn increases tax revenue. The rich and famous do not invest more into the economy based on tax cuts; they already have enough money to last several generations of their family. Without taxing those who could most afford to pay them, the increasing debt passes on to our children and grandchildren.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 04:44 pm
@Joe Nation,
Bullshit. Flat taxes with a cap is more like it.

Talk about not thinking the incentive thing through..... liberalism is a disease.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 04:46 pm
@Brandon9000,
What has the "board liberals" have to do with me? You claimed "I discussed" Palin's daughter's sex life.

It becomes personal when you make claims I said something I didn't. Comprende? Or is that too spacial for you?
parados

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 05:07 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:
Translation: as usual, you have neither the ability nor the inclination to defend your own opinions. You seem to want to be able to function solely on the basis of ad hominems and discussions about Palin's daughter's sex life. Better to discuss the issues and to be able to say a word or two to defend positions you post.

Brandon9000 wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

Show me where I have discussed "Palin's daughter's sex life?" PLEASE, you wingnut.

I have discussed the issues, ad nauseum. It's not my fault you don't comprehend English or my posts.

The board liberals have discussed Palin's daughter's sex life as though it were material to the campaign, and, truth be told, you know that I understand English pretty well. It's unfortunate that so many liberals have to instantly make every political discussion personal. It would seem to be both childish and indicative of an inability to defend one's ideas.

I think it was you that made it personal Brandon. Your use of the word "you" is what made it personal. It's hard to take the word any other way when directed at someone that is being spoken to. When asked to present evidence to defend the personal comments you made you didn't provide any evidence. (I think you have told us several times what failure to provide evidence shows about the person that made the original statements.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 05:50 pm
@parados,
Oh, Brandon understands English, but he's still at the 3d grade level.

BTW, parados, thanks for that clarification. I'm sure it goes way beyond his grade level.
cjhsa

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 07:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Too bad you don't understand Jinglish. Having a little trouble getting that Japanese HDTV working there dumbass?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 07:34 pm
@cjhsa,
The only dumbass around here is you, ceej. Too bad your brain remains trivial.
PDiddie

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 07:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I think Joe the Plumber is Jeff Gannon in a new (and similarly failed) iteration:

http://www.bartcop.com/gannon-the-plumber.jpg
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Cutting taxes do not stimulate the economy; that's a conservative myth perpetrated upon people who do not understand economics. Jobs stimulates the economy which in turn increases tax revenue. The rich and famous do not invest more into the economy based on tax cuts; they already have enough money to last several generations of their family. Without taxing those who could most afford to pay them, the increasing debt passes on to our children and grandchildren.

Cutting taxes is beneficial to the economy if the taxes are much too high beforehand. Allowing people to retain enough of their income to buy consumer goods is a stimulating influence to business, and beneficial as long as taxes remain high enough to support necessary government activities.

The rich are, of course, most able to afford to pay taxes, but they have no obligation to fork over a much higher percentage of their income than other people do. People who are successful because they or their ancestors worked hard or were clever deserve to keep most of the money they make, as does everyone.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What has the "board liberals" have to do with me? You claimed "I discussed" Palin's daughter's sex life.

It becomes personal when you make claims I said something I didn't. Comprende? Or is that too spacial for you?

I should have said "distractions like Palin's daughter's sex life."
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:40 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:
Translation: as usual, you have neither the ability nor the inclination to defend your own opinions. You seem to want to be able to function solely on the basis of ad hominems and discussions about Palin's daughter's sex life. Better to discuss the issues and to be able to say a word or two to defend positions you post.

Brandon9000 wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

I think it was you that made it personal Brandon. Your use of the word "you" is what made it personal. It's hard to take the word any other way when directed at someone that is being spoken to. When asked to present evidence to defend the personal comments you made you didn't provide any evidence. (I think you have told us several times what failure to provide evidence shows about the person that made the original statements.)

Yes, I should have said "distractions like Palin's daughter's sex life." I didn't actually intend to say that he personally discussed that exact topic. I meant to say that he, like most of the board liberals, prefers to function on the level of distractions and personal attacks, where someone else might choose to debate the actual topic.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Oh, Brandon understands English, but he's still at the 3d grade level.

BTW, parados, thanks for that clarification. I'm sure it goes way beyond his grade level.

You continue to exemplify the fact that the board liberals usually function on the level of childish ad hominems, which I take to be indicative of the fact that they are unable or too undisciplined to actually defend their political opinions.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:51 pm
@Brandon9000,
Oh! Which political opinions are you specifically talking about?
Brandon9000

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 08:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Oh! Which political opinions are you specifically talking about?

The comment is self-explanatory.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 09:00 pm
@Brandon9000,
What's the matter, Brandon. Afraid to show us what "you're" talking about? LOL
Ferostie

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 09:08 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
My take is that if everyone was taxed a certain percentage of what they made instead of a set amount it'd be fair to everyone. Say the wealthy got taxed 30% and so did the middle class, the middle class would obviously be paying less but it'd still be paying 30% while the weathly are paying more, it'd still be 30%. Win win
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2008 09:35 pm
@PDiddie,
That's too funny!
0 Replies