Who are you ignoring?

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:22 pm
I like the ignore feature. I use it sparingly, but I have found that it saves me time and aggravation.

I am currently ignoring 5 people. I did so because I found their posts to continuously grating on my nerves and A2K should be a fun place. I'm not gonna name names, but how many people do you have on your ignore list?

You can find out who they are in your profile.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 41 • Views: 10,506 • Replies: 132

rosborne979

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:54 pm
@McGentrix,
So far, only 1 person has earned a place on my Ignore list. Although there are a few others who are just barely tolerable.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 02:58 pm
7 on ignore, 100's thumbs down
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:05 pm
@McGentrix,
I don't have anybody on ignore. I do vote down threads of no interest and hate doing that every single time but it is the only way to make the board manageable at all. I vote down posts extremely sparingly but will do so when it is obviously intended to be trollishly offensive or hurtful or hateful to another member who in no way deserves that.
George

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:10 pm
Right now I have none, but I've had three, on and off. It just doesn't work for
me. I keep clicking on the collapsed posts. And often I find that my ignored
poster is quoted by others and I wind up reading his/her/its toxin anyway.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:12 pm
@Foxfyre,
Addendum. I rescind my former post. I just now put a member on ignore for a post so offensive that there is no way to tolerate it.
George

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:13 pm
@Foxfyre,
Can you read this?
rosborne979

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:15 pm
@George,
Quote:
Can you read this?

Smile
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 03:16 pm
Read what? Very Happy

(The member on ignore hasn't posted on this thread. . .yet)
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:09 pm
I am probably ignored by some. My list is fairly lengthy.
0 Replies

TilleyWink

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:13 pm
@McGentrix,
None I am not sure how that featur works or what the thumbs up and down mean.
mismi

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:25 pm
@TilleyWink,
I have 5 - mainly because everytime I read a post by these folks they seem so acidic and sure of themselves. It annoys me. I am a pretty easy going gal. But when I found myself getting pissed off everytime I came across one of these 5 folks posts...it was time to put them on the ignore list.

A2K is for my leisure and to relax...not to get riled because of know it all's who are warped and mean-spirited to boot.
patiodog

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:32 pm
One.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:37 pm
I have -0- on"ignore". I can scroll through the offensive posts. I reckon that "ignore" de-sanitizes things for the individual reader. But, in a weird way, I find it fascinating what folks will post when they know they have the anonimity of the internet. Referring to Mr Obama as O-Boy or telling another A2Ker "Isn't it time for you to curl up and die, you ****** *****?"

Would that person say something like that to an acquaintance or a co-worker or a clerk in a store?
Putting someone on "ignore" deprives you of the pleasure of seeing someone drive off a cliff. Or something like that.
dagmaraka

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
haha, likewise, rjb. i don't have or ever had anyone on ignore list, because i would, like george, keep clicking on the collapsed posts anyway. i know myself. i find some of the stuff posted oddly fascinating. watching train wrecks and all...
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
"She paints her world in yellow and green - covering over the gray - cause life's demands are hard to understand so Alice Stays lost in her wonderland..."

I would just as soon not read it and not see them drive over - I like the Wonderland I have created.

But I understand what you mean RJB
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 04:48 pm
No one.

It would have been a good feature in the old Abuzz when a couple of nuts just wantonly spammed threads into oblivion, but that doesn't seem to happen on A2K.

It's easy to scroll past posts you don't care to read, but if people want to use it...
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
ebrown p

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 05:03 pm
I have one person on ignore.

I do wish I could put myself on the ignore list of someone else.