Who are you ignoring?

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 07:14 am
I feel sure many have put me on ignore since this presidential race started.... life's a bitch ain't it? I only have all incarnations of massagatto on ignore...all incarnations that I know of of roxxxmanne... and one other person that , as stupid and irrational as it is because I've never met this person....I truly hate...for reasons known to me that I find reasonable.

Other than that....everyone has their value here IMO.
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 07:14 am
@nimh,
Laughing

""Way I see it, if you believe that there's no difference at all between McCain's conservatives and Obama's liberals, sorry"

I dont see a difference in the candidates.. not the followers.
The followers are different . completely.
The candidates.. well.. I just dont have a lot of faith in that system right now.
I see Obama as a paid for "faith restoring " person , and McCain as a sociopath with a dingbat for a follower.
but.. i dont want to get into a political debate. I dont agree with a lot of things going on in this country. A government that would stage something like 911 does not have an ounce of my trust no matter whos face you want to put on it.

And.. thats where I will stop.
Smile sorry.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 07:35 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I don't have you on ignore!

I put H20man on ignore and shortly after that he seemed to actually largely disappear. As in, I'd see his name as the most recent poster for a while... and then that stopped. Maybe I'm just not seeing him though.

Same with Synron and the other one -- see, didn't even make enough of a dent to remember the name. Lovely.

What I really really like is that I *can* see anything if I'm in the mood. Can mentally prepare and then usually just shrug at whatever I do see -- doesn't have the same power.

Just those three so far.
nimh

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 07:43 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I dont have you on ignore, Bear Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 07:52 am
@McGentrix,
I find the ignore feature a wonderful, spa-like feature. The number of people/i.d's on ignore varies from week to week. There is a core group, who I'd had on ignore (using greasemonkey) on the older version of A2K, that I just carried over. If people quote that bunch a lot, they get ignored for a few days - then I check to see if they got over their quoting frenzy, and usually unignore.

Every week or so, I go back and look at the list, unignore a few and see if the i.d.'s are still posting. If they've been gone from A2K for a while, I take 'em off unignore, in hopes they'll be lighter-hearted if/when they return. This week, I found three that left in a huff about a month ago.

My use of ignore is generally more related to someone's posting style than to content. Definitely not related to political views.

I do tend to get a bee in my bonnet about quoters. No one talks like that. I find it an incredibly lazy way to post - and when I use it myself, I get annoyed as well.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:10 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Because yours hang right side up?

Laughing

Nope...they're just prettier.

http://www.richard-seaman.com/Mammals/Australia/Possum.jpg

http://www.wildlife.org.au/images/winter2007/possum.jpg

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/06/24/cmPOSSUM_wideweb__470x356,0.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/patrick/possum2.jpg
http://www.timdrussell.com/images/blog/possum_in_hand.jpg

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:12 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

What I really really like is that I *can* see anything if I'm in the mood. Can mentally prepare and then usually just shrug at whatever I do see -- doesn't have the same power.

That's SO true.

Reminds me of how, once I had contact lenses, I didn't mind wearing glasses...because I knew I didn't HAVE to.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:13 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
http://www.timdrussell.com/images/blog/possum_in_hand.jpg

OMIGOD THAT IS SO CUTE!!!
dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:22 am
@sozobe,
Yeah...all your possii kind of look as if they have lived very dissipated lives and have a sexually transmitted disease affecting their fur.

Scrofula or something. They look scrofulous.

But..I don't think that's sexually transmitted.

It's because of the revolution, I think. I think only kings and such can cure scrofula....they touch it, or something.

Your possii need a king.
sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:39 am
@dlowan,
I don't think we have lots of different kinds of possii like you do... all American possii I see look the same.

Like giant mangy rats.

I ran into one in a dark alley once... extremely unpleasant. They hiss, and have these horrible teeth... Shocked
sozobe

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 08:41 am
@sozobe,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/AwesomePossum-AmericanOpossum.jpg
mismi

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:20 am
@sozobe,
ew - he needs to brush his teeth. Got some dinner leftovers in there.

baby ones are cute...
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:21 am
@dlowan,
dlowan wrote:
Your possii need a king.

Massagatto is king of possums!
hamburger

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:27 am
@realjohnboy,
rjb wrote :

Quote:
I have -0- on"ignore". I can scroll through the offensive posts. I reckon that "ignore" de-sanitizes things for the individual reader. But, in a weird way, I find it fascinating what folks will post when they know they have the anonimity of the internet. Referring to Mr Obama as O-Boy or telling another A2Ker "Isn't it time for you to curl up and die, you ****** *****?"

Would that person say something like that to an acquaintance or a co-worker or a clerk in a store?
Putting someone on "ignore" deprives you of the pleasure of seeing someone drive off a cliff. Or something like that.

exactly my sentiments !
("couldn't have said it better myself" - as that guy advertising for a bank says - i understand he's a dutch actor - they ought to get a new pitchmann - i would love to put him on "ignore") .
hbg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:29 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

I don't think we have lots of different kinds of possii like you do... all American possii I see look the same.

Like giant mangy rats.

I ran into one in a dark alley once... extremely unpleasant. They hiss, and have these horrible teeth... Shocked

Our big Brushtails hiss.

http://www.jennifermarohasy.com/blog/archives/possums%20blog.jpg

You wouldn't like them when they're angry.

They sound like demons from hell when they are cornered.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 09:30 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

dlowan wrote:
Your possii need a king.

Massagatto is king of possums!

A benevolent monarch was more the kind of thing.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:37 am
One thing for sure, this ignore button is kind of a high schoolish pressure button (kind of like a popularity contest) but handy to have for all that. I only have one on ignore. I couldn't stand the blatant racism in his posts. Can't really imagine my posts would make such a difference one way or another someone would use the all powerful button, but who knows? I may be talking to myself out here.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 10:43 am
@revel,
I personally like the high schoolish "ignore" button.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 11:09 am
I have no one on the so-called "ignore" list. I'll collapse a thread which is of absolutely of no interest to me. I'll thumbs-down a post which is obviously posted only to allow the poster to foam at the mouth and will get no response from anyone else on that thread. But as for individuals, I do not feel that I'm God-like and can make anyone disappear by the flick of a button. Folks I might well despise have as much right to be on this site as I do and to post whatever drivel they please. I don't have to respond to their venom or their ignorance, but I also don't have to start assuming that this is my site and I can exclude whomever I wish. If I had that attitude, I'd find it very hard living in this world which is extremely heterogeaneous and made up of all kinds of people.
roger

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 11:14 am
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew wrote:

Folks I might well despise have as much right to be on this site as I do and to post whatever drivel they please.

They have a right to post. I (heh heh) have a right to ignore them.

I'm up to 13 on my list. Fortunately, I haven't seen any of them on this thread. Add another "heh heh" in here.
0 Replies