Who are you ignoring?

mason738

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 10:42 pm
@Foxfyre,
What is it that was working pretty well?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 10:43 pm
@mason738,
http://i33.tinypic.com/rcrn.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 10:43 pm
@joefromchicago,
Couldn't have worked out better if you'd planned it that way.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 10:49 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
You may be aware that on the second day. I posted, a certain gentleman, one Joe from Chicago, put on unflattering pictures right after my posts.

Mason doesn't make many errors but boy oh boy, was he ever off the mark, above, in bold! Smile

Excuse me, do I know you?
JTT

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 11:02 pm
@joefromchicago,
We've never been introduced, Joe, but I know you're big enough to handle a joke.
Below viewing threshold (view)
JTT

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 11:27 pm
@mason738,
Mason, why do make these silly assumptions based on nothing. First you presume to tell me all about Joe because you saw him in a picture. How do you expect anyone to take what you say seriously with that kind of reasoning?

0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 11:43 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

We've never been introduced, Joe, but I know you're big enough to handle a joke.

No problems.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2008 11:45 pm
@mason738,
http://possumblog.mu.nu/images/possum%20belly.jpg
dlowan

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 01:16 am
@joefromchicago,
joefromchicago wrote:

http://possumblog.mu.nu/images/possum%20belly.jpg

Our possums here are SOOOOOOO much prettier.
roger

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 01:47 am
@dlowan,
Because yours hang right side up?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 03:57 am
As a freedom lover,
I have had no problem considering others' points of vu; so far, anyway.
I have even dated a couple of commie chicks; no nazi chicks yet.

In any case, I am aversive to acrimonious obscenity.
I don 't have to put up with that, and I won 't (as Daisy Adair woud put it).
For the most part, that is my dispositive criterion for ignoring.
Rank insanity (grossly disorganized ideation) is another.

All together 11 have accumulated.
A couple have requested ignoring,
one of whom had singularly nasty posts.
I was surprized to find out that he deemed them to have been humorous.
That had not occurred to me.

As some posters have observed:
this is a forum to have fun.
As someone once said:
" if it ain t fun, u r doing it rong. "

Someone here complained about know-it-alls,
but we have a right to express ourselves TOO.

Note that I begrudge it to no one to put me on ignore.
I 'm sure that several leftists have put me on ignore.
I have no objection to that, and I wish them (non-political) joy.
There 's nothing rong with ignoring and I respect everyone 's right to do it.

David

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 04:02 am
@dlowan,
I thought thay were supposed to be called Opossums, like Obama

Yes ?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 04:17 am
I'm a blissful user of the Ignore function for much the reasons McG and Mismi mentioned. There's the trolls, of course, whose disruptions I'd rather skip; there's two or three posters who may or may not count as trolls but cant help themselves get real nasty; and there's two or three I'm ignoring not because they are in any way bad or unkind people, but just because they post a lot when not really ever having anything to say. Finally, there's one or two who are none of the above but whose ideology is just so whacked out I dont need to know - the Zippo kind.

All in all quite a list -- especially because I spent a few days busily tagging old thread, and while doing so came across a bunch of members who have probably long left (I men, Not A Soccer Mom is no longer here, for example, right?), but who fit the criteria.

Counting ... yep, makes for 20 users in all. Many of them pretty infrequent users though. E.g., not on my ignore list are McG, Tico, Fox, Woiyo, Finn, etc - even cjhsa -- it's not that kind of list.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 04:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

It would have been a good feature in the old Abuzz
when a couple of nuts just wantonly spammed threads into oblivion,

It was a lot worse than just " a couple " of nuts (both leftist & rightist), Find Abuzz,
who spammed interminable, filthy obscenity without ever contributing
anything of substantive value.

Quote:
but that doesn't seem to happen on A2K.

Thank Goodness, and thank Craven that it does not.

David
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 05:59 am
awww... jesus ******* CHRIST ..

can we NOT have ever damn thread on this site about stupid political arguments? I thought most of the posters on this site were mature enough and smart enough to know that what you are doing DOES NOTHING for politics.
Insulting, smearing, slamming and attempting to prove you 'OPINION' to some one else is bullshit and nothing short of an attempt to control someone.
NO ONE cares about you, who you are voting for, and why. Stop littering every thread on this board with this ****. Most of us dont give a damn. They are all crooks in some way and if you believe for one second that a single candidate is better then the other then I could polish a cat turd and sell it to you as an antique.
shewolfnm

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 06:04 am
My ignore list consists of one person. Synron or what ever the sign on name is.
Just some random troll who wont be here very long. Most trolls dont last but about a week anyway.

Everyone else.. even those whom I may not agree with, think are nuts ( cj?) or otherwise off their rocker, I dont ignore.
Sometime ,e ven the crazy people.... like myself... can add something to a thread that may make for interesting conversation. Or at least give me a good eye roll.
Im not so power hungry that I have to ignore all of A2K to " make it feel" good to me. If I dont like you , I dont like you.. I dont have to pay attention to you.. nothing more.. nothing less..
And if someone posts too much in a manner I dont want to see, I can just vote down the individual post.

CJ is a great example.
He started a thread somewhere about green being stupid.
The conversation that followed.. I enjoyed. Him.. eh.. he needs help Wink
If I would have ignored him, I would never have seen it. Because doesnt ignoring someone remove their threads from view??

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 06:04 am
@shewolfnm,
WoW!
Sounds like someone is pretty MAD !
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 06:56 am
Cool!

A completely empty 4 page thread!

Very Happy
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2008 07:10 am
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

If I would have ignored him, I would never have seen it. Because doesnt ignoring someone remove their threads from view??

Yes it does. So if you enjoy someone's unhinged rants, then dont put them on ignore. I sometimes enjoy 'em too - part of why I dont have CJ on my list either (plus, he's got a good sense of humor).

Any case, yeah, if you enjoy that kind of threads, then dont ignore them. And if someone else doesnt, then let 'em ignore them. Why shouldnt they? The new site allows people to all do it their own way, so why not let them, instead of calling people "power hungry" and stuff just cause they do it another way?

(What's the big moral difference between ignoring someone's threads the old-fashioned way, by scrolling and rolling your eyes, or the new way, by putting them on ignore, anyway? How's one good and the other "power hungry"? I dont get it.)

Anyway, just let people do it their own way and dont call 'em names for it. Live and let live. {shrugs}

shewolfnm wrote:
if you believe for one second that a single candidate is better then the other then I could polish a cat turd and sell it to you as an antique.

Huh. We see this differently too. Way I see it, if you believe that there's no difference at all between McCain's conservatives and Obama's liberals, sorry, but it's you who "could be sold a polished cat turd to", as you, uh, put it. Smile I guess we just see opposing things as naive.