People who have quit smoking, question!

Borat Sister

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:26 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
(did you not catch the rabbits bit about serving cold?)

suggest you quit pokin'...

Leave the poor goddamn bloody rabbit out of this for pete's sake!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:43 pm
When I quit I coughed up some green ones - never black. Then I gained weight but that came off pretty quickly. I do enjoy the occasional cigar now and then.
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:52 pm
@NickFun,
focus! this is about lung cleansing, not medical visits!!

if it takes money, and your suggestin it to me, please dont.

if i had the money, i wouldnt seek free advice here. id be at the doc.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:16 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

One addition, to say, Oggi, that you have this seeming drive for self obliteration mixed with metaphors of exploration.

I get it.

I do highly suggest you cool out from why you think that is all so cool and smart, whatever the words are now.
For the record, so there's no misunderstanding, I posted before getting to the personal battle stuff and my "street cred" comment related only to this. Carry on.
NickFun

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:17 pm
@OGIONIK,
I didn't say anything about money or doctors visits. I just relayed my experience. But I do recall flying off the handle a lot as I was going through withdrawals.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:18 pm
@OGIONIK,
Dude, your lunges were probably starting to look like a bong you hadn't scraped in a long time. Choking up some black ****'s probably good for you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 11:49 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Oh, look, perfect middleness.

feh.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 12:05 am
@ossobuco,
Confused Not my fight. You know I love you Osso.

I will say this: When I got skewered by someone's instincts at roughly the same time; I reasoned the person doing the skewing meant well, and dismissed it as well intentioned shortly thereafter. Not worth dragging around.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 12:52 am
dude, just put the following thought in your head, "are you more addicted to nicotine or life?"
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 04:23 am
@OGIONIK,
It's probably a good thing (standard disclaimer, yadda yadda); certainly you want that stuff outta your body rather than in it. See a doc if you can, when you can, lung cancer knows no age limit. Good on ya for quitting; for a lot of people it's the hardest thing they've ever done.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 02:28 pm
@islandgirl,
Ok, so I still smoke them damn cigarettes and I enjoy them! I know that I am going to die someday, but when I hear that smoking will take 20 years off of my life do I laugh? I'd rather pass on in my 70's with gusto than live on to my 90's confined to a wheelchair.

The problem is, you won't have the gusto when you're 70, if you're still alive.

The truth is, you'll have bad skin by the time you're 40, shortness of breath at 40 or 50. And all the years before that? Your clothes and hair will stink to high heaven, and you won't even know it.

How old are you now btw?

People don't die with gusto when they die from cigarettes. They get emphasyma which is a total bitch of a disease, or cancer, heart attack, or a stroke.

You won't "pass on", implying a gentle transition, you'll go out struggle for your last breath, drowning in your own fluids, and/or zonked out on morphine from the pain.

I'm just sayin.

Onion, good for you quitting, regardless if you smoked 3 cigs a day or 3 packs.

Your coughing is normal as your body is just ridding itself of toxins, and it'll soon stop.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 07:56 pm
Onion, sorry for posting so late, but I want to wish you well in trying to quit smoking.

Chai's response to Island Girl was thorough, realistic and helpful and it wasn't just aimed at Island Girl, but to anyone who has been in your position, as I was many years ago.

Most of the posts have been from friends and most of them have been helpful and not in the form of lectures, thank heaven. Take those posts seriously and ignore the one that wasn't. It isn't worth it and it will never change, so take it for what it is---garbage.

Rocky is a friend worth having, you are lucky to have someone you can use as a listening post. That always helps.

Good luck and don't feel guilty if you fall back into the habit. All it take is another try until it finally works.

Doctor yes, if you can or want to, just don't let anyone who feels obliged to lecture turn you off the idea completely. That is something you very much need to do. I hope it happens soon.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:14 pm
@Diane,
I suppose that means me as some kind of lecturer of ogionik. Too bad, as I like Ogionik and have posted to him for some time. Diane, I'm not going to post, at least for now, what I remember you saying in person re others.
I've been absorbing negs re my point of view for quite a while.
Diane

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:45 pm
@ossobuco,
My apologies, osso. I do try not to lower myself to that level, but at times, I forget how arrogant and childish it is to behave like that.

Please, go right ahead and post anything, as I know you will, whether it is about my replies or those of anyone else on a2k.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:54 pm
@Diane,
like what?

I remain even now quiet.

You would be lowering yourself to my level?
I don't stand back because of you, but for others, sometimes from your words.

Diane

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 01:17 am
@ossobuco,
Osso, please accept my public apology.

I am sorry I let my temper get in the way of our friendship.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 01:21 am
@ossobuco,
lol. i love all u mofos. remember that Very Happy
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 01:30 am
@OGIONIK,
i dont feel the urge to buy cigarettes at all, quite possibly, i might be growing up LOL.

ever since i started my job i just feel sorta like good.

BLEH BLEH BLEH nooo, being grown will never take me alive!!!

i just realized this today, i got offered marloboro reds from3 different people and i was like , naw man i dont smoke. and i thought, wow, that would never have happened a month ago.... i LOVED reds, cowboy killers that they are..

work aint so bad when u dont utterly despise it.

first job i ever had where i wasnt thinking to myself " i hate my life"
on the bus ride there.

yay for being at peace. took long enough.
jespah

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 04:22 am
@OGIONIK,
OGIONIK wrote:
yay for being at peace. took long enough.

Bottle this feeling, and remember it when you're ever feeling low.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 06:34 am
wow.
This thread has gotten WAY out of hand.

This is something everyone should know, but.. let me just say that if you feel bad about something, say it. Dont let it fester.
Pop that bubble. Speak your mind no matter how much your "voice shakes" or how embarassed you may feel afterwords.

I see a network of friends falling apart from this right in front of my eyes.
If you cant forgive for something say so. Let it be known and move on.
If you can , again , say so.
The most important people are the ones you choose to love even if it is just for a moment so treasure them .Even when they piss you off Laughing

Dont side step. JUst. say. what. you . need . to.

Love you D
Love you O
Love you R

Now, Im going to smack each one of you personally.. because I can Smile
0 Replies