People who have quit smoking, question!

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:38 pm
@ossobuco,
To explain myself, better or worse, and not against you and your choices, RH, I have to say that I'm nonplussed by the distaste for medical science I see on a2k. When boomer mentioned her husband's many joint problems, I was the only one who posited seeing a doctor.

I don't know, really, how it has come to this. Science associated mds are shunned as not being.. alternative, at this point.

I've had superior doctors in my long life and am presently stuck in clinic mode..

yet I think my immediate physician at a government funded clinic is both sharp, hard working, and straightforward.

Borat Sister

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:50 pm
@OGIONIK,
Things like the cilia beginning to work again, and your lungs beginning to be able to cleanse themselves a bit is likely why you are coughing up black gunk.

I'd check it at the doctor's, but I suspect there is spring cleaning going on as things begin to come alive down there.

Good luck with the quitting!

Well done.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:51 pm
when you really want to do something, you just do it with out foo foo squawky ****.

I put out a cigarette, threw out the package and have not looked back for a couple of years now.
I remember thinking I had to 'talk about it' to everyone. I think i even started a thread about it..

Oddly enough, I just didnt give a flying **** about smoking anymore. I was bored with it.
You get there when you get there.

Force yourself before hand and you will be stick in this limbo of being a reformed smoker who looks down on others who smoke because you secretly envy them
Smoke and keep saying you want to quit and thats your tune for ever.

Boring really.

find your spot. Stick to it.. and smoke one for me eh? Wink
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:56 pm
@ossobuco,
Neither Onion nor myself can afford a "regular" physician, and the clinics are mostly a big time waster, with lots of paperwork.

I appreciate folks who are able to play within the system, and sympathize with those that are unable to meet muster...
shewolfnm

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:09 pm
@Rockhead,
awwww come on

be a hippie

Patchouli cures everything.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:30 pm
@Rockhead,
Pah.

If I can sit in a chair in a clinic, along with others on a2k, so can the rest of you.

I used to have a lab allied with a clinic. I busted my bun for much more than eight hours a day.

What is this too good for clinics stuff? I get it that it is system resentment.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Some of the sharpest physicians at UCLA worked in the clinics.
I now go to a unm clinic and regard my doc well.
What is this rage against medicine? Someone made you stand in line?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:47 pm
@ossobuco,
A clinic takes multiple sit and wait visits, with promise of payment.

If one works for a living, sitting and waiting all day for little is counterproductive to survival.

We are not all retired...
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 08:58 pm
@Rockhead,
A clinic doesn't always take that time all that often. I was first diagnosed in the late eighties, re my eyes, at a clinic, while I was working something like 11 hours a day, albeit at lowish pay. I got the time off since I was a project manager, hah.

I admit it's not great. But your resentment can be in your own way. End of comment, go ahead, live without med help.

I worked 48 years, don't throw 'those of us who work for a living' at me.

I am also not retired, I can't presently earn a living. Resentment of the rich won't work re me.

Meantime, after the burrs, I'm not totally not understanding.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:08 pm
@ossobuco,
I resent a hella lot more than the rich, but you keep on understandin' what you think you do...

Shocked
gungasnake

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:11 pm
@OGIONIK,
Where I went to grad school, there were about 40 first year med students in the dorm I was living in and they all smoked when they first got there; three weeks later none of them were smoking any more..... Think they mighta seen something?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:22 pm
@Rockhead,
same to you.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:23 pm
@ossobuco,
(hugs)

Shocked

leave me tf alone...

thankyaverramuch
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:28 pm
@ossobuco,
I get it you very much don't like me.

I hope that doesn't interfere with your view of med possibilites, but fear my even saying that will set you firmer against actual med help.
At this point all I can say is, whatever.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:29 pm
@ossobuco,
You did what you did, live with it and go away, please...
OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:30 pm
@OGIONIK,
Yer chokin up the weed, dude. The handful of cigs for a few weeks or months ain't done **** to you... unless you let um hook ya.

(How's my street creds sound, Osso?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:40 pm
@Rockhead,
Thank you yourself.
I'll answer any post I like.
In the meantime, I get it you despise me, think me evil.
I don't happen to feel that way about you - I just don't like some behavior, and said so.

I don't know what the hugs parenthesis was about, not some quote I am aware of. If I did a hugs thing, maybe I was tired.
Obviously we are at odds.
Rockhead

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:45 pm
@ossobuco,
No, I wish you well, but in a general sense, not a "oh I decided you roasting me alive was a good thing" sorta way.

Fare thee well...

(did you not catch the rabbits bit about serving cold?)

suggest you quit pokin'...
ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 09:59 pm
@Rockhead,
I pointed out your behavior, somewhat weakly. Live with it. I get it that 32,000 people posted against me.

I admit my posting back then was unwise. I don't take it all back.

I see an online pattern of people who need to get feed from others' travail. I'm not sure if that has been what you have been doing, RH, but that was how it struck me at the time, given the details of your visit here plus the whole zorro thing.

I don't and didn't then think you are some evil being. On the other hand, elements re your visit were, to me, problematic, as I began to understand them re flown threats, secondhand.

You want me to go away, well, maybe. Or perhaps not.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 10:07 pm
@ossobuco,
from RH, suggest you quit pokin'...

Are you going to tell people I'm poor?
You'll look up all my online posts?
Go ahead. I'm fallible.

0 Replies