Visiting a dying friend

mags314772

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 03:03 pm
@Izzie,
I;ve got the diagnosis: it;s Parkinson's Disease. Not fatal, and treatable, so that much is lucky. I've just got to adjust to this. It may take awhile. Thanks for your continued support.

Love and XXXxxx
Izzie

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 08:55 pm
@mags314772,
Oh Mags

I'm sorry that it wasn't better news

not a good dx - now that you know you can and will deal with it - adjustments will happen as they need to - meanwhile you need to try and rest and deal with the everyday emotions you are going thru which are huge.

I'm thinking of you and wishing you well, sending you big but gentle hugs. xxxx
Izzie

Reply Thu 27 Aug, 2009 07:22 pm
@Izzie,
Hey Mags

how are you my friend?

So pleased we met and hugged long and hard. Have some pics to send you, before I post them, to make sure you're OK for me to put up. Will try and PM them to you tomorrow and then you can let me know if you're happy with them.

'Twas truly a pleasure to meet you hubby and "the Max"... loved your compacts - Bethie would love them too - art deco and dancing ladies - beautiful. The ships were... well, how amazing that you had hubby has ships clocks and tall ships. Outstanding.

Hugs and love to you and hope the meds are still working and you're getting to the library for the little kids. Such a pleasure to meet you. Blessed.

iz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mags314772

Reply Sun 30 Aug, 2009 11:44 am
@Izzie,
It was such a pleasure to meet you, Izzie. I'm sorry you're feeling unwell right now. S boy is such a cutie , and it was lovely to meet Rockhead, too. I look forward to seeing the pics.

The neurologist also diagnosed a vitamin b and d deficiency, so I should be turning cartwheels any day now. I am feeling pretty wonderful.
Had 78 at story hour last Monday...we had a ball. Listened to stories, sang songs, and made colorful paper chains which the babies wore as bracelets and necklaces.

Can't wait to see pics. Am missing my friend but know all it well.

XXXX Mags
Izzie

Reply Mon 7 Sep, 2009 12:26 pm
@mags314772,
Hey Mags -

How are you? Have the vitamins made a difference?

Sending you pics now..... I know, I'm rubbish - everything seems to take me forever these days - way too distracted

lots of love to you and hubby xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<goes off into photos, uploads and PM's over shortly Rolling Eyes .... Razz>
mags314772

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2009 09:49 am
@Izzie,
we loved the pics! Glad you are recuperated from your big adventure. I am feelling very good. The vitamins and Parkinson medicine are doing their magic. I am cooking and not napping and sleeping at night instead of wandering the house like a werewolf. Hope S boy is doing good at school. He is such a sweetie. I am missing my friend every day. Hard to believe she is really gone.
Izzie

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 03:36 am
@mags314772,
Have a fantastic trip Mags - much love to you and R. Stay rested - enjoy all your moments. xxxx
mags314772

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2009 11:23 pm
@Izzie,
I can;t believe it. Iost another friend today, unexpectedly. He went in to have bladder cancer surgery and they got all the cancer. He came home and died of an embolism. I hadn[t talked to him in ages, but I called him the day before his surgery to wish him well, and we laughed, and shared memories and told each other we loved each other and generally had a great conversation. now, suddenly, he's gone
roger

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 12:55 am
@mags314772,
It's like gettin hit with a brick, isn't it? I lost a father in law to what was supposed to have been simple back surgery. He just never came out of the anesthesia. Sometimes, it happens, but you are never prepared for it.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2009 01:18 am
@mags314772,
thoughts with you guys tonight, mags...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 05:10 am
@mags314772,
((((((Mags & R)))))))

thinking about you

As Roger says... brick, slam, no preparation...

I'm glad (not right word, can't think of a word) you spoke with him before surgery - hold onto those memories and the laughter you heard in his voice and the times you shared.

Been thinking about you and your trip - hoping it was gonna be a great time for you and that the meds have now got the Park.s under control so that you could enjoy it - try and rest when you can Mags...

this circle of life surely does spin out of control at times

I'm so pleased R is with you and you have each other - do send him my love and just know that we're here if you wanna talk ...

((((((((((((((((Mags)))))))))))))))))))
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 24 Oct, 2009 05:23 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

It's like gettin hit with a brick, isn't it?
I lost a father in law to what was supposed to have been simple back surgery.
He just never came out of the anesthesia.
Sometimes, it happens, but you are never prepared for it.
I respectfully suggest that u do not confuse HIM
with his deciduous body, the same way that u do not confuse HIM with his car.

David
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sat 7 Nov, 2009 02:44 pm
@Izzie,
new developments in the medication area. When I was young, I had OCD. Mostly obsessive thoughts. Apparently, the medication for Parkinson's also stirs up the area of the brain where OCD originates. It began with songs sticking in my brain for hours, then repetitive thoughts, rhythms. Then I began with rolling panic attacks. My neurologist prescribed xanax which got rid of the worse of it. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist she recommended. We will decide together on a medication to control this, since I can't do without the Parkinsons meds. Ain't it always one thing or another? I miss my friend and wish I could talk to her about all this.
Izzie

Reply Sun 8 Nov, 2009 05:31 pm
@mags314772,
Oh Mags... yep, this is the time when you need to be able to talk to those nearest and dearest and have been there life long to undersand your pyshe here. I'm sad for you that your friend is not here, and another loss of a friend recently...

do talk here if you wish and we can listen hunni.

You need to get one or two opinions from the docs, preferably different docs if your insurance will provide it, and find out as much as information about the intoduction of other meds and the side affects.

so sorry my friend .... rich tapestry a? think we found a few stray threads - but perhaps we can work on them togerther to see if they and tie up a?

Fond fond memories of our brief time together - it's what makes my world go around.

My surgery was fine, just under 3 weeks ago - all is ticketyboo, just a few problems with my ankle - no worries at all tho - concentrate on you and know there's folk listening and some around with medical advice.

Think of happier times and hold on to them as best you can.

all love Mags.... (L)

Iz (N) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

looks like we may be onto a hokey pokey again... left leg in, left leg out and shake it all about... off

love, hugs, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(love to R too - hug him big) x
mags314772

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 06:04 am
@Izzie,
I miss my friend desperately. Grief comes in small gobs.....all of a sudden, I find myself tearful and deeply sad. Then it's gone. I talk to her husband frequently. He is doing well, I think, although I know he misses her badly. He did something outrageously funny but slightly iffy at the holidays and I told him she would be kicking him under the table and he got a big kick out of that. So life goes on but good memories persist.
Izzie

Reply Thu 14 Jan, 2010 04:48 pm
@mags314772,
Hey Mags hun

How are you? Thinking about you.

Memories... good memories are the best. Hold onto them. x
mags314772

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 04:53 pm
@Izzie,
I was overwhelmed with a sense of grief and loss the other day, and cried most of the day , off and on. I missed my friend, my sister, my soul sister. I talked to one of her daughters on Facebook, and she sort of walked me through it. I had had a dream about my friend the night before, and I wanted to talk to her on the phone sooo badly. Grief comes and goes.
Izzie

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 06:01 pm
@mags314772,
Hey Mags hunni...

how are you? and how's that hubby of yours?

how's the sleeping going and the med regime - any improvements?

Sending you both big love and hugs and thinking of you both. xx
mags314772

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 05:49 pm
@Izzie,
I have just gone into psychotherapy to deal with issues regarding my friend's death and my Parkinson's. The Parkinson's medications are raising old emotional issues I thought were long resolved. I now have a myriad of doctors. Richard is being a sweetie. We have a rescued Standard Poodle who also has emotional issues, so we're on the same page. Hope you are doing okay. Lots of love
Izzie

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 05:53 pm
@mags314772,
Hello Mags Darlin (oooooooooooh, do give Richard a big hug for me)

glad you are going to get some help to sort things through in your head - talking often helps and can assist in trying to see things in a different way. Good for you hun.

How is your wonderful Godaughter? Have you seen her recently? And how are the library readings going?

Oooooooooooooooh, it's nearly on the hour, all Richards clocks are going to be ding dongalonging in about 8 mins....... ahhhhhhhhhhh.. fond memories Mags.

All love to you and he (((((((((((((((((((((((Mags and R))))))))))))))))))) and scritches for your new rescue poodle. ahhhhhhhhh. Strokes for the kitties Very Happy

Hugs and kisses each. xxxxxxxxxxxxx