Is it possible to love two girls at once?

JimmyJ

Tue 11 Feb, 2014 09:04 pm
I'm just curious as to if anyone has any experience (girls or guys) with this and if they think it's possible.

studentlife

Tue 11 Feb, 2014 10:51 pm
@JimmyJ,
I think it's definitely possible. Our popular conceptualization of romantic love in mainstream U.S. culture is that it can only be felt for one person at a time. This is just a belief, however, not an inherent truth. We've set up lots of systems to reinforce this belief (such as marriage) so it is deeply engrained in our culture, but it is still just a belief. If you feel it, you feel it Smile
anonymously99stwin

Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:01 am
@JimmyJ,
Quote:

Yes. Very possible. I do now. Except. it is more than two women I love. But. You will always love one more than the other. See how it goes with the one woman you feel the most for. If it doesn't work out then go for the other. If she's available. She probably won't be. But if so..

My chances of being with a woman at all is zero. I know.

I can still love them.
0 Replies

Setanta

Wed 12 Feb, 2014 04:17 am
One can love dozens of people at the same time--parents, siblings, other family members, friends. On that level, this is a foolish question. But on another level--can one have more than one passionate, deep connection to another human being, it's a childish question. It's asking for the authority to have one's cake and to eat it. In my experience, people take a lifetime to even understand what it means to love one other person--and you're basically asking if it's OK to have two women to screw, as long as they don't object. Grow up.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Below viewing threshold (view)
anonymously99

Wed 12 Feb, 2014 01:29 pm
@JimmyJ,
Quote:

Quote:
I'm just curious as to if anyone has any experience (girls or guys) with this and if they think it's possible.

Quote:
You will always love one more than the other. See how it goes with the one woman you feel the most for. If it doesn't work out with the one you feel the most for then go for the other woman.

I wish you the best JimmyJ. :sincerely:

I might be available if it doesn't work out. Wink

If my mental health doesn't improve whether it works between you and this other woman of yours or not then I may never have the chance to claim you. Mentally.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 12 Feb, 2014 01:39 pm
@studentlife,
studentlife wrote:
I think it's definitely possible. Our popular conceptualization of romantic love in mainstream U.S. culture is that it can only be felt for one person at a time. This is just a belief, however, not an inherent truth. We've set up lots of systems to reinforce this belief (such as marriage) so it is deeply engrained in our culture, but it is still just a belief. If you feel it, you feel it Smile
Can u put this to the test ??
studentlife

Wed 12 Feb, 2014 05:32 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
The test? Please explain what you mean.
anonymously99

Wed 12 Feb, 2014 07:23 pm
@JimmyJ,
Please understand JimmyJ. That anything I ever said to you far as claiming you etc I was never serious. I understand how a lot of people love to mess with my head. So I mess with everyone else's heads some times. Only when I realize they are messing with me. Or I don't do anything. Basically what I'm saying is I hope you don't take me serious about nonsense I mention such as my false crush on you. I have nothing for any man. Just using this site to waste time. My way of patiently waiting. Even once the aliens have vacated the premisis good chance I'll remain part of this site for the hell of it. Reason I am locking myself indoors. Seriously plotting suicide so I can get the hell out of this place called earth. The thought of dieing young.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:45 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
One can love dozens of people at the same time--parents, siblings, other family members, friends. On that level, this is a foolish question. But on another level--can one have more than one passionate, deep connection to another human being, it's a childish question. It's asking for the authority to have one's cake and to eat it. In my experience, people take a lifetime to even understand what it means to love one other person--and you're basically asking if it's OK to have two women to screw, as long as they don't object. Grow up.

Sounds like someone is a little senile.

Forget to take your pills this morning, Setanta? You must have been cheated on as a girl Smile
OmSigDAVID

Thu 13 Feb, 2014 12:51 am
@studentlife,
studentlife wrote:
The test? Please explain what you mean.
I meant: try it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 13 Feb, 2014 03:49 am
@JimmyJ,
Ah yes, smear your critics rather than answering them. That's par for the course with you, isn't it?
Foofie

Thu 13 Feb, 2014 11:57 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

The ancient Greeks had many different words for "love." Our language does not really have parsed definitions, with an attendant word. However, if one first defines what love is then it might be easier to answer one's own question.

To my way of thinking, if I'm thinking at all, to love another person in a romantic relationship requires fidelity, so the loved person feels that he/she is the only focus of one's romantic feelings. If that is one's definition, then the answer is obvious - no.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:14 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Ah yes, smear your critics rather than answering them. That's par for the course with you, isn't it?

Well, when your personal prejudice is clearly getting in the way of your giving helpful advice you're damn right I'll laugh at you and "smear you" as you put it.

Get over yourself, lol.
Miss L Toad

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:29 am
@JimmyJ,
Quote:

Jimmy, who's the other girl? It better not be someone I know.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:38 am
@JimmyJ,
Setanta could had been ******* with you Jimmy. Or not.

You and your alike boy-guy friends need to get over "your self".

All you men have that in common I've came to notice.

I'm seriously thinking I'm a man and my mother had my stuff cut off at birth.

You are probably a pretty boy as many others around here who happen to be rather secretly deeply shallow yet attracted to maturity. That makes me sick. Yeah I'm attracted to women older in age than I. they come across as more feminine than I. are older in age than I.. a turn on. Because they have that advantage over me.

But hell. I can't be with a woman as I had once wanted. Things have turned out the way they have. Woman belongs with man.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 12:47 am
@JimmyJ,
Quote:
Sounds like someone is a little senile.

Senile. I'll be what ever you feel I am. Unintentionally.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 02:55 am
@JimmyJ,
I'm "over" myself, you're the one with a problem, and it's a maturity problem.
OmSigDAVID

Fri 14 Feb, 2014 03:15 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I'm "over" myself, you're the one with a problem, and it's a maturity problem.
Then what 's rong with telling me what 's implausible
qua a commie living next door in NYC 1930s - 1940s.