Visiting a dying friend

mags314772

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 05:06 pm
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie...we are doing pretty well. I am having some therapy to sort out grief and loss and medication issues. Richard is great and the clocks just keep on ticking We have adopted an abused and abandoned standard poodle named Lily. She has issues, but she is a wonderful sweet girl and is getting braver. WE are going to see the goddaughter this weekend, and she is probably moving back to St. Louis, so I will get to see her lots. Hope all is well with you and yours. Lots of Love and XXXXOOOO
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 07:29 am
We just passed the one year anniversary of KB' death. She was so much a part of me and my life and I still miss her so very much.
Eva

Reply Tue 3 Aug, 2010 08:40 am
@mags314772,
Do something she would enjoy, in her honor.

That's one of the best ways to celebrate someone's memory. There are others, of course.
mags314772

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 12:10 pm
@Eva,
Coming up on the two year anniversary of her death. Since her passing, there has been another grandson born and just learned that yet another grandbaby is on the way. What I have done in her memory is to think of what these new moms would need, and what she would do for them if she was still here. I bought the mom with the two little boys a double stroller. For the newly expectant mom, I sent a full-body pregnancy pillow. Men are not genetically programmed to think of such things, and while my friend's husband is a wonderful guy, this would not occur to him. The third daughter is a professional artist, and she and I are publishing a children's book together. I am still grieving the loss of my friend, and often ache for the chance to talk to her again, to hug her, to laugh as we always did. I have known her children since they were born, and I have had them tell me that sometimes talking to me is a way of connecting with her. It works both ways.
Izzie

Reply Tue 2 Aug, 2011 05:39 pm
@mags314772,
Mags love - she would be so proud of you and especially your continuing to keep your friendship alive by sharing in the joys and hopes of her family; this is so wonderful - no-one could do a better job. You are so fortunate to still know that feeling and the trust she had with you - I know the loss is so hard to bear at times - but she remains with you always - be very proud of the kind and gentle person you are - Richard, your friends and family, and me, are so lucky to have you in our lives.

all love

N x
mags314772

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2011 04:44 am
@Izzie,
Thank you so much, Izzy. I just heard your wonderful health news and am so thrilled for you! Many hugs to you from Richard and me.
0 Replies