What is love?

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 11:18 am
What is love? What is your opinion on the reason/point for love? Just wondering.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 5,506 • Replies: 3
No top replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 13 Apr, 2015 02:31 pm
While there is a lot of mystique involved,"Love" is merely an electrical/chemical action in the brain. (a simplified explantion) In the early stages the brain secretes a neural transmitter not unlike speed. This is when you cant eat, cant sleep, miss work, think only of the person and make stupid decisions. As with Speed, the body can only take so much of this (about 4-5 months) then it emits a different chemical not unlike heroin. This is where you feel uphoric with a sense of well being and where everything is right with the world when you are with the person. Again, this can only last for so long (about 7 years...thats why they call it the 7 year itch in a marriage) and then it's nothing more than familiarity. Rarely does "love" last any longer.
0 Replies

ashesama

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2018 11:32 pm
@halfcourt86,
Love to me is the feeling you get when your with a person who perfectly compliments you. I am aware that it's only an illusion, but there's something about seeing a couple married for 50 years who are still very much in love. I feel that it's partly a spiritual thing, also a friendship, also a connection of your energy with the other person.
0 Replies

Agent1741

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2018 07:58 pm
My folks were together for over 50 years & my Dad was devoted to my Mum until he passed about 4 years ago
0 Replies