Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:05 am
@Miller,
Amen
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:06 am
@Miller,
her judgment is suspect though, she already had four kids and she decides to have number five when it had a 1 in 30 chance of having downs......seems selfish and foolish to me.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:28 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
obama has proven his leadership ability by winning the democratic nomination to be the next president of the United States. He has ideas, he can articulate those ideas, and he has worked in major city and state levels as well as DC. What else do you want, the world leaders telling you that they believe he can do the job?..wait, they did that already....
Sglass

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:43 am
I'm surprised that nobody has as yet commented on the one obvious fact as to why McCain would pick a woman -- this woman or any other -- for a running mate. He is obviously trying to corral all the disappointed previous Hillary backers. Many of them were feminists of no particular political affiliation. They would have backed Hillary if she were running on the Prohibition Party ticket as long as it looked like she might actually win. And even among the Democratic Hillary supporters there are quite a number of people who have said they'll never vote for Obama because of the primary battles just fought.

Coosing a woman for a v.p. running mate is obviously McCain's strategy for roping in all those 'undecideds' who are feminists first and Democrats second or third. Of course, it could backfire, as it did for Mondale when he chose a female running mate.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:53 am
@Sglass,
didn't Ferraro recently say that she felt at the time like and was "window dressing"??? I suspect that Palin will feel like that eventually.

How will women take the GOP assumption that humans with a vagina will elect this ticket because the VP canidate has one too? Don't you figure that they will be insulted? I was always told that it was men who think with their genitalia, that women don't.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:55 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
That your recent political analysis has been vapid, obviously.
Lash

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:02 am
@Sglass,
A few people made this observation. I, on the other hand, think he was trying to firm up his base---with her more solidly conservative credentials.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:35 am
@Robert Gentel,
To each his own - but try and maintain some semblance of objectivity won't you?

(BTW - You've now achieved A2K powerpoints by challenging Big Boss Finn. Good for you!"
gungasnake

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:36 am
@Woiyo9,
Hillary site commentary, interesting to say the least:

http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=26156
Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:50 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Do you subscribe to the notion that an objective person wouldn't have found your giddy blogging vapid ? Your political analysis is typically much more substantial than the partisan microblogging kick you were on and don't think that is an opinion brought about by any deficiency in objectivity.

As to your fixation on "powerpoints" I could not care less about the voting if that's what you are on about.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:53 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
obama has proven his leadership ability by winning the democratic nomination to be the next president of the United States. He has ideas, he can articulate those ideas, and he has worked in major city and state levels as well as DC. What else do you want, the world leaders telling you that they believe he can do the job?..wait, they did that already....

So his experience consists of

1) Winning the democratic primaries --- although he backed into the win. Sure seems like qualifications for being president! Of course it helps when there is a "proportional" distribution. (If Obama and Clinton were Republicans running in Republican primaries, Clinto would have kicked his ass. But then these were the screwy Dem primaries which strove to show fairness while preserving back room decisions in the person of "super-delegates."

2) He has ideas and can articulate those ideas. Therefore Shirley McClain, Alec Baldwin, Clint Eastwood, Regis Philbin, Lou Holtz, Brit Humes, Tommy Lee Jones, Jon Voight, Gary Oldman, Gary Sinese, Derek Jeter and Rober Duvall are all qualified to be president.

3) he has worked in major city and state levels as well as DC.

Perhaps, if you are an Illinois booster.

So if you get a job as a receptionist at a Nuclear Energy Think Tank, you become an expert on Nuclear Energy?

If his experience in "major city and state levels as well as DC." represents qualifications for the presidency then just about everyone working in DC is qualified to be president of the US.

What else do I want?

A candidate with true experience.

What "world leaders" told us they believe he can do the job?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:56 am
@Robert Gentel,
Ask yourself why you felt compelled to introduce my "giddy blogging" into a thread where I obviously took a tract of more substantial analysis?

Who is the jerk?
Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 02:04 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Ask yourself why you felt compelled to introduce my "giddy blogging" into a thread where I obviously took a tract of more substantial analysis?

The answer should be obvious, when you decided to mock the lacking substance in the posts of others there was a beam in your eye given that you'd spent days offering similarly substanceless analysis.

Quote:

Who is the jerk?

Dunno, Michael Phelps? I didn't call you a jerk. In any case, I do agree that your analysis has been much more substantial tonight, and while you may not care I appreciate that.
gungasnake

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 05:40 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
1) Winning the democratic primaries --- although he backed into the win. Sure seems like qualifications for being president! Of course it helps when there is a "proportional" distribution. (If Obama and Clinton were Republicans running in Republican primaries, Clinto would have kicked his ass. But then these were the screwy Dem primaries which strove to show fairness while preserving back room decisions in the person of "super-delegates."

By gaming the system... Oinkbama won the demmy primary in caucuses, which are meaningless, and in states which the dems cannot win in a general election. All o fthe big states which dems would count on to win went to Hillary.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 06:31 am
@hawkeye10,
What work has he done in DC?
He has been a Senator for 3 years, and has spent 2 of them running for President.

0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:20 am
If all things were even--they absolutely are not even in this election, but if they were--the way I see it is that I would much prefer to have an experienced President training a 'green' Vice-president rather than have an experienced Vice-President trying to train a 'green' President.

And that is sort of our choices in that regard isn't it?
0 Replies

nicole415

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 02:41 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Perhaps, he was halfway sober.

Barack Obama organized a campaign that beat the (previously) most powerful Democratic Party machine in modern political history. That alone qualifies him to be the president.

Palin has six years "experience" as a mayor of a hamlet (pop 9000) and a state whose population is smaller than major American cities.
nicole415

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 02:50 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Hillary site commentary, interesting to say the least:

The site is populated by ersatz Hillary supporters like our own "Miller."
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 03:04 pm
@nicole415,
Quote:
Palin has six years "experience" as a mayor of a hamlet (pop 9000) and a state whose population is smaller than major American cities.

So that makes a difference.
Alaska has the same problems that every other state has, and it has some problems that are unique.
Are you now suggesting that only governors from states with a certain population threshhold are allowed to run for president?
What is that magical number?
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 03:10 pm
@mysteryman,
Hope you know this quote better than me

"The cocks may crow, but it's the hen that lays the egg." - Margaret Thatche
0 Replies