Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:48 pm
@Woiyo9,
Fair enough, woiyo... fair enough!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:58 pm
@Woiyo9,
Quote:
Remember, the main reason Alaska was admitted into the Union was for it resources. It is long past time we utilize them.

A telling example of the rapacious nature of the USA. That's why Iraq, Hawaii, Nicaragua, Cuba, Iran, Afghanistan, ...
Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:18 pm
@JTT,
A telling example of the rapacious nature of the USA"
But not a noble example for the whole hungry,striving, staving, struggling humanity around the globle ( not excluding US humanbeings)
Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:45 pm
@Ramafuchs,
Back to the main subject of this thread.

"Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), who has had a sometimes strained relationship with Sarah Palin, praised the governor as a "tough Alaskan woman" -- but conceded the ongoing probe into Palin's firing of a state official could be a real wild card.
Alaska's former public safety director says he was fired in July by Palin after he refused to dismiss the governor's former brother-in-law, who had been accused of making threats during a messy custody batle with Palin's sister.

A state probe of the allegation is due to be completed a week before the general election.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 10:54 pm
This thread is an interesting reflection of the quality of Liberal debate in this forum.

One might expect a topic titled "Palin is the Pick" to involve discussion of the potential value she brings to the McCain ticket, her ability or inability to serve as VP, her political positions, or even the dynamic of her being a woman running for VP.

Instead we get this:

e-brown wrote:
Typical McCain....

This time it was Romney that he left for a younger woman.

And e-brown thought it was so clever, he made it his signature line.

sosobe wrote:
Nice one, ebrown...

And she provides us with a link to a discussion about the Democratic VP selection.

old europe wrote:
I really like it when conservatives come down in favour of government handouts. It's great!

kuvy wrote:
If I was Cindy McCain, I’d be looking over my shoulder. You know that old codger John picked up Palin’s resume and thought to himself, “I’d hit that!”

JTT wrote:
A telling example of the rapacious nature of the USA. That's why Iraq, Hawaii, Nicaragua, Cuba, Iran, Afghanistan, ...

Brilliant discourse.

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
One might expect a topic titled "Palin is the Pick" to involve discussion of the potential value she brings to the McCain ticket, her ability or inability to serve as VP, her political positions, or even the dynamic of her being a woman running for VP.

How did you miss it all, Finn? You, like the McCain group, just don't know where to even begin.
Robert Gentel

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Let's look at Finn dAbuzz's deep political analysis of the Democratic National Convention:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Michelle ain't smiling.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Michelle still ain't smiling.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Bill is biting his lower lip!

Michelle still ain't smiling.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Still Michelle ain't smiling.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
NOW Michelle smiles (but shows no teeth).

Biden smiles and shows teeth.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Women should never have been given the right to vote. We wouldn't have all this silly feminized nonsense to deal with.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Pumpkin pants suit forever!

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
OH MY GOD ....BARACK IS ON THE STAGE!!!!

I think I might pee myself!

Now Michelle smiles.

Finn dAbuzz wrote:
"We are family!"

Is that the Biden or Obama anthem?

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Who was Gov Patterson looking at?
okie

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think McCain completely disarmed his opposition for a day, Finn. They will try to become more intelligent tomorrow, possibly.

McCain has just pulled a flea flicker play, halfback pass, and I think the gal with the ball is pretty much running in the open, making yardage. You never know, she could fumble, stumble, or trip over her own feet, but so far so good. The opposition is standing there flat footed, but they will soon be in hot pursuit, just a few steps behind for now, but who knows?

I think its so fascinating, Obama the man of change, chanting change, hollering change, but then he picks the old Washington dead wood, Biden, and then gathers 80,000 people into a stadium to deliver some expected sweeping and historical speech about the sweeping changes in the wind, and what do we hear, a laundry list that sounds like some of them that Bush has been doing for years, and others you could have heard 20 years ago, or even next week at the RNC.

Meanwhile, McCain is the man of change, he dares to pick a woman that has actually been doing something, actually changing things, and suddenly, Obama is left like a deer in the headlights. All of that after his historical speech in Denver that most people have already forgotten one day later.

I am sure that a week from now, the attack machine will get back into running at full steeam again, and it will be business as usual. Bumps in the polls, not much for Obama, and how about McCain's vp pick and RNC, maybe? If its a big one, could Obama be toast? The media will perhaps need to get Dan Rather back to do some opposition research to publish two days before the election?
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:30 pm
@okie,
she has been for a few hundred days been gov of only 700, 000 people, in a state that feeds at the federal feed trough to the sum of $13,000 per person per year , in a state that is awash in oil money simply because they have oil when it sells at $130 a barrel.....this is a difficult job to screw-up. No leadership is required, no difficult choices need to be made, of course she looks great. This does not mean that she can actually do anything when something needs to be done.
Miller

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

This does not mean that she can actually do anything when something needs to be done.

Likewise, just because Obama carried groceries for old slum dwellers on the SouthSide of Chicago and then told everyone he was a "community organizer"
does not mean that he can actually DO ANYTHING of real value.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:49 pm
@Miller,
Obama has been working at learning government and moving agenda's for well over 20 years, Palin for only a few, and she has been very small time compaired to obama. Obama did more in one year in Springfield than Palin has done her whole life, and he was just getting warmed up.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:49 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Your point?

Miller

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Obama has been working at learning government and moving agenda's for well over 20 years

That's when he was carrying grocery bags in the Gardens on Chicago's SouthSide for all the old folks. He called that "community organizing"...I call that inability to find a good job.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:56 pm
@JTT,
I guess I did miss it then JTT. Please direct me to it.

Despite the other fellow's attempt to turn the tables on me, there has been no shortage and, arguably, an overage of discussion on Obama in this forum. With literally thousands of comments posted about the pluses and minuses of Obama, there is certainly room for irreverance that never attempts to pass itself as serious political analysis.

But here is the very first thread about the Republican candidate for VP and do we find any serious political analysis from the left?

No

The closest we come to such is in a thread the author of this one, probably through frustration, decided to post and title something like THE DEMS DUMB RESPONSE TO THE PALIN PICK.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:56 pm
@Woiyo9,
This helps McCain

I like Governor Palin for her support of freedom

I expect to vote for her

David
Miller

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Obama did more in one year in Springfield

Springfield? It's the pits. When it takes a person more than a month to retrieve a death certificate from the document pits in Springfield, you begin to wonder whether Springfield, Illinois has even left the dark ages.

Bottom line: Obama never accomplished anything after he left Cambridge, Ma.
(Typical for a Moonbat, I might add. )
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:00 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

This helps McCain

I expect to vote for her

David

I admire her pro-life stance, especially as it relates to her own family ( her last child with Down's ).
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:01 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

This helps McCain

I expect to vote for her

David

I admire her pro-life stance, especially as it relates to her own family ( her last child with Down's ).
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:01 am
@okie,
Well said okie.

But isn't it dissappointing that our friends on the A2K left have to wait for the daily Obama Campaign Talking Points before they can render anything approaching an intelligent opinion on the Palin pick?

Quote:
They will try to become more intelligent tomorrow, possibly.

You're quite right, because by tomorrow they will have read the NY Times Op-Ed section, The Daily Kos blog, the online Nation et al and just watch how they come armed with opinions!
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 12:05 am
@hawkeye10,
Let's concede she has no real experience, and therefore is a dubious selection for VP.

What is Obama's experience that warrants a vote for him to become President?

It amazes me that you folks keep falling into this trap.

Some pundit on the news had the audacity to argue that Obama's superior experience was born from him running for president! Is their no end to the absurdity?