Latest Challenges to the Teaching of Evolution

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 04:21 pm
@neologist,
If you find the bible "abundantly clear," you've been smoking something that's not typical tobacco or taking some drugs that't not prescribed or OTC.

You should seek help before it's too late! Mr. Green 2 Cents
neologist

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 04:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
If you find the bible "abundantly clear," you've been smoking something that's not typical tobacco or taking some drugs that't not prescribed or OTC.

You should seek help before it's too late! Mr. Green 2 Cents
Well, I did tell you the Bible is hard for intelectuals like yourself to understand
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 04:45 pm
@neologist,
You're wrong again! I'm no intellectual. Just some "street smarts" tells me that confused messages from one book is still confused thinking behind it.

Your god is confused! Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 04:45 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Well, I did tell you the Bible is hard for intelectuals like yourself to understand

I see that you called CI an intellectual, do you think that he will figure out the reasoning behind your madness? Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 04:55 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
I feel established religion has oppressed mankind and obfuscated the word of God to the point where the majority of our human race faces grave peril.

Do you know of a religion that you would like to share that is not established or maybe an understanding about reality that you would like to share with the rest of us, that may be profitable to us?
spendius

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 05:17 pm
@reasoning logic,
There's NFL. That's a religion.

Some people think it's nothing but a bunch of fatties poncing about on a lawn.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 05:26 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Do you know of a religion that you would like to share that is not established

Quote:
There's NFL. That's a religion.

Are you suggesting that it is not established?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 05:54 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Quote:

I see that you called CI an intellectual, do you think that he will figure out the reasoning behind your madness? Wink
Well, he didn't fault me for my misspelling. Surprised
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 06:18 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Quote:
I feel established religion has oppressed mankind and obfuscated the word of God to the point where the majority of our human race faces grave peril.

Do you know of a religion that you would like to share that is not established or maybe an understanding about reality that you would like to share with the rest of us, that may be profitable to us?
How often have you seen members f one religion killing members of the same religion in war? Look for a group that follows this: "By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35)
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/neologist/GMU.JPG
RABEL222

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 07:20 pm
@neologist,
You mean there is more than one version of Gods word?
Quote:
This passage does not appear in all manuscripts. However, the miraculous gifts given to the apostles were to expire when the bible became complete. (See 1 Corinthians 13:10)
neologist

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 07:35 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
You mean there is more than one version of Gods word?
Quote:
This passage does not appear in all manuscripts. However, the miraculous gifts given to the apostles were to expire when the bible became complete. (See 1 Corinthians 13:10)
This is cut and paste from the New World Translation. I hope it makes sense.

Quote:
SHORT CONCLUSION
Some late manuscripts and versions contain a short conclusion after Mark 16:8, as follows:
But all the things that had been commanded they related briefly to those around Peter. Further, after these things, Jesus himself sent out through them from the east to the west the holy and incorruptible proclamation of everlasting salvation.
LONG CONCLUSION
Certain ancient manuscripts (ACD) and versions (VgSyc,p) add the following long conclusion, but which אBSysArm omit:
9 After he rose early on the first day of the week he appeared first to Mary Mag′da·lene, from whom he had expelled seven demons. 10 She went and reported to those who had been with him, as they were mourning and weeping. 11 But they, when they heard he had come to life and had been viewed by her, did not believe. 12 Moreover, after these things he appeared in another form to two of them walking along, as they were going into the country; 13 and they came back and reported to the rest. Neither did they believe these. 14 But later he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at the table, and he reproached their lack of faith and hardheartedness, because they did not believe those who had beheld him now raised up from the dead. 15 And he said to them: “Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. 16 He that believes and is baptized will be saved, but he that does not believe will be condemned. 17 Furthermore, these signs will accompany those believing: By the use of my name they will expel demons, they will speak with tongues, 18 and with their hands they will pick up serpents, and if they drink anything deadly it will not hurt them at all. They will lay their hands upon sick persons, and these will become well.”
19 So, then, the Lord Jesus, after having spoken to them, was taken up to heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. 20 They, accordingly, went out and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and backed up the message through the accompanying signs.
There are a few passages like this. It is best to make note of them all. Certainly a God capable of inspiring a message to mankind would be more than up to the task of preserving it.
tenderfoot

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 10:54 pm
@neologist,
Why~??
neologist

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 10:57 pm
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:
Why~??
Rabel asked. I answered
Or tried to
tenderfoot

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 11:09 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

tenderfoot wrote:
Why~??
Rabel asked. I answered
Or tried to

Doing a bit of Godly work hey :- )
neologist

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2013 11:22 pm
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot wrote:
neologist wrote:
tenderfoot wrote:
Why~??
Rabel asked. I answered
Or tried to
Doing a bit of Godly work hey :- )
There seems to be very few here making a defense of religion.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 04:28 am
@neologist,
I can understand defending religion in a thread designed to attack it. But, why in a thread on the challenges of teaching evolution?
neologist

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 05:25 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:
I can understand defending religion in a thread designed to attack it. But, why in a thread on the challenges of teaching evolution?
Quite right, Ed. I had intended only a brief visit to this thread. Then I posted this response to RABEL222:
Quote:
RABEL222 wrote:

Are you claiming the Bible is totally factual?

I believe it is inspired by God. That was my purpose for starting this thread: http://able2know.org/topic/211046-1
I was hoping to bait some believers, but no luck.
Did I get any bites on the old thread? No! Crying or Very sad
Instead, my dear friend CI chose to continue a conversation we had started on yet another thread.
Things just got out of hand and we were having so much fun . . . .Mea Culpa Embarrassed
RABEL222

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 06:08 am
@neologist,
I dont trust the word of god when it comes from the mouth or hand of a man. Most men have their own agenda and would change any word in order to profit themselves. If God wanted us to have a bible why dident he present it to as as he did the 10 commandments?
spendius

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 07:00 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:

I've told them that ed. They are simply addicted to rabbiting about nothing. The consequences of teaching evolution to kids, the only subject worth considering, is a matter that frightens them. It inevitably comes to a conclusion in a situation they would very much not like. Not so much for themselves because these things take a while. For their kids and grandkids. Unless the recidivists are put through a course at one of fm's rehab camps.

And once they realised that they would have to give up and would have nothing to beat their gums on. So, as you might expect, they avoid realising that by pretending to be talking about teaching kids evolution.

It's a grown up version of the little girl's game Playing Shop.

Do you think of the consequences when you're slapping siding on a wall?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2013 07:30 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
If God wanted us to have a bible why didn't He present it to us as he did the 10 commandments?

(I prettied up your sentence. 3 errors in such a short expression bodes ill for the veracity of your expertise regarding the education of 50 million kids.)

Some good they did eh? He must have thought He would try a more literary approach. And that's not working very well either. I suppose thunderbolts are next.
0 Replies