Miss USA delegates on evolution in schools

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 07:50 pm
This is real

This isn't but it's damn funny response to the above.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 21 • Views: 29,896 • Replies: 155

littlek

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 08:21 pm
@hingehead,
Haha! I'm glad to see that some of the real contestants actually just said "yes".
hingehead

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 09:07 pm
@littlek,
I was a little worried by the number who didn't seem to realise it already was being taught in school - considering they themselves were there not long ago...

It was the 'they should teach everything in school, regardless of the belief system' ones that scared me. Like evolution is a religion and culture-based.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 09:22 pm
That was damn scary!

I kept wanting to root for someone.... anyone... and some of them started off okay but they fell apart trying to be nice.

Don't torture me like that again, hingehead.
gungasnake

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 09:35 pm
Evolution at this juncture is a dead theory walking. It is being defended by academic dead wood and people with lifestyle or tenure issues and that's all.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 10:10 pm
@hingehead,
that's a firkin scary as hell video, hinge...

Ima have disjointed sentence nightmares now.

and it's a damn good thing that they are cute...

this makes fuzzy the line between an open mind, and an empty head.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 10:17 pm
@boomerang,
Why is this scary?

When presidential candidates talk like this it is scary. But from beauty pageant contestants is isn't that scary.

Beautiful and smart don't always come together. Most of us are ok with that.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 10:20 pm
@maxdancona,
have you seen Michelle Bachmann talk about John Wayne Gacy?
maxdancona

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 10:25 pm
@Rockhead,
Quote:
have you seen Michelle Bachmann talk about John Wayne Gacy?

Michelle Bachmann is scary.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 1 Sep, 2011 11:19 pm
@maxdancona,
Personally I don't think there's a correlation between physical 'attractivity' and intelligence - so to me this is sample of public opinion.

Ok, my caveat is that the competition attracts people who think it's important to compete in beauty contests, and that may correlate to a certain level of intelligence/knowledge. I just loved that they were supporting diversity of opinion by conceding that evolution may as well be taught as well. Plain weird.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 02:49 am
@gungasnake,

He He He He! What a absolute hoot you are Gunge! Dead Issue--he he he.

Keep up the joke Gunge--ignorance is hilarious.

Rap
Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:01 am
The "Should math be taught in schools" vid made it all worth while.
Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:17 am
@raprap,
Gunga Dim gives a piquant hilarity to the concept of invincible ignorance.
raprap

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:48 am
@Setanta,
Miss Vermont answers the question best--but then she's a four eyes.

BTW what is the square root of 16?

Rap
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:54 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Gunga Dim gives a piquant hilarity to the concept of invincible ignorance.
Not so. What if that moron was elected to sit on a school board? Most of the anti-science douche bags like him have these agendas to populate academe wih simpletons like themseslves. That gunasneak ignores all heavily proven supportive sciences just to satisfy his silly Fundamentalist beliefs on some twisted form of biology myth makes me wanna puke. Hes been here for several years and hes added nothing new , indicating how bankrupt his views are , yet he keeps coming back with the same **** month after month.

Imagine that hes on a curriculum asdvisory committee of his local board.
Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:57 am
@farmerman,
Imagine Dover repeatedly endlessly, which is what's going to happen anyway so long as the Fundamentalist crowd continues to put up their stealth candidates.
Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 03:58 am
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
Miss Vermont answers the question best--but then she's a four eyes.

BTW what is the square root of 16?

Rap

Some people believe it's four, although i wouldn't want to assert that as a fact. This is a free country, you're entitled to believe what you like on the subject.
farmerman

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 04:10 am
@Setanta,
I have always leftgungasneak with the opportunity to wexplain how he can support Atomic Theory yet deny "Atomic clocks"
. Or what does gunga view genetic evidence of two different genera with most of the same genes except that whole masses of genes in one species are "turned off" while genes in another are turned "On".
How does he explain the similarity yet major differences between similar species and genera from islands and the nearby mainland, or better yet, what about cave related species?

His argument is that "micro evolution exists" but not macro evolution. If dimmy understood how stupid that sounds hed run away. HEs never posed an argument how micro evolution works and where it stops. His argument on that subject is basically defiant ignorance of which he appears prud to be counted among the true believers.

Ya dont have to be a total moron to "believe" in a short lived earth with everything created, but not everyone can be a total moron.
raprap

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 04:19 am
@Setanta,
-4 also works

Rap
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 2 Sep, 2011 04:19 am
@hingehead,
Ha, they all sound like little glamour politicians in training.

It's too bad that their education has left them with the impression that evolution is a theology counterbalanced by Creationism, which both need equal time in the classroom. Apparently whatever the Discovery Institute is doing is working.