Latest Challenges to the Teaching of Evolution

farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 01:50 pm
@ehBeth,
wtf, why'd any North American want to thumb you down?? are we being invaded by Trump's Russian cohort bots?? The Russians still think that evolution is "bourgoise"
farmerman

Reply Mon 16 Jul, 2018 01:55 pm
@farmerman,
I was wondering whether , those of A2kers whove been kind enough to help in ESL threads, theyve actually been refining the language skills of evil bot brigades.

I know that gungasnake is a gruppenfuehrer of "evoloser" bots
farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 04:39 am
@farmerman,
Seems like aka" Dr Harun Yaya" (a major producer and publisher of all kind of Creationist propaganda and gifs) has a lot on his plate of late.
This from the new NCSE newsletter.

Quote:
Adnan Oktar, the controversial Islamic creationist who publishes under the name Harun Yahya, was arrested by Turkish police on July 11, 2018, according to the Hurriyet Daily News (July 11, 2018).

Through the Scientific Research Foundation (Bilim Arastirma Vakfi, or BAV), Oktar and his followers produce a steady stream of publications and audiovisual material aimed at dismissing evolution as baseless and pernicious.

The Hurriyet Daily News explained, "According to the detention warrant, Oktar and his followers are accused of forming a criminal organization, sexual abuse of children, sexual assault, child kidnapping, sexual harassment, blackmailing, false imprisonment, political and military espionage, fraud by exploiting religious feelings, money laundering, violation of privacy, forgery of official documents, opposition to anti-terror law, coercion, use of violence, slander, alienating citizens from mandatory military service, insulting, false incrimination, perjury, aggravated fraud, smuggling, tax evasion, bribery, torture, illegal recording of personal data, violating the law on the protection of family and women, and violating a citizen’s rights to get education and participate in politics."

It is not Oktar's first brush with the law. In 2008, as NCSE previously reported, he was convicted of "creating an illegal organization for personal gain" and sentenced to three years in prison, although his conviction was overturned on appeal in 2010.

Signs that Oktar and his organization are out of favor with the administration of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan were evident earlier in 2018, when, as Newsweek (February 1, 2018) reported, the Directorate for Religious Affairs "slammed" Oktar.

Many of the excessively illogical cience articles opposing evolution and fabricating evience have been sourced to the Oktar oganization. Maybe that **** will lowly go away, (maybe not but at least this guys true color are being displayed)
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 07:18 pm
I lost the article I will refer to xo if someone else can find it great! Some Russian coal miners dug up a casket full of some kind of liquid that a 30 year old looking woman was imerxed in and she looked as if she was alive. The Russians checked how long she had been berried and found she had been in the mine for. 100,000,000 years. So much for evolution according to this piece. Yes I know, more conservative b s.
farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 07:21 pm
@RABEL222,
Its amazing they developed an A bomb with stuff like that in their heads.
YES please try to find the article Im sure we will be able to debunk it.
(like gungasnakes '"dilemma")
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 07:46 pm
@RABEL222,
Here's a bunch of articles on it. It seems it was much older. https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=pty&hsimp=yhs-pty_weather&param2=54d7d8fe-9e1d-9f5c-2b00-fb1885a96280&param3=weather_xp_1.15~US~&param4=~Chrome~100%2c000%2c000+year+old+woman+found+in+russia~D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E&param1=20180505&p=100%2c000%2c000+year+old+woman+found+in+russia&type=weaff_0_cr
RABEL222

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 11:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Thank you Co.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 17 Jul, 2018 11:28 pm
I'm using a tablet and a big thumb. Lots of mispelings.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2018 07:32 am
@RABEL222,
Nothing wrong with that> I always pity people who only have one way to spell a word
farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 04:49 am
@farmerman,
I see the RISING OF THE THUMBS has been quelled
0 Replies

Blickers

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 09:00 am
@RABEL222,
Quote Rabel222:
Quote:
Some Russian coal miners dug up a casket full of some kind of liquid that a 30 year old looking woman was imerxed in and she looked as if she was alive. The Russians checked how long she had been berried and found she had been in the mine for. 100,000,000 years. So much for evolution according to this piece. Yes I know, more conservative b s.

I checked Cicerone's link which linked to this article. It claims the casket was found in September 1969. Which just happens to be two months after Neil Armstrong stepped on the moon.

You don't suppose the Russkies were trying to steal the thunder of the American victory in space by coming up with a bigger story that, if true, would seem to make the moon landing seem comparatively insignificant?
farmerman

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2018 10:37 am
@Blickers,
I just think that it was a very good year for the production of vodka and, like any good Russians, these scientists were all hammered and failed to carry the zeros
0 Replies