Cycloptichorn

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:30 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Bill, I would love to take Obama's every word in some interviews, and have somebody imitate him. That would be just as hilarious, if not moreso. The uh, uh, uh's would be frosting on the cake.

So, what's stopping your side from doing this? Go right ahead.

Answer, Conservatives aren't very funny.

Cycloptichron
sozobe

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:45 am
This is interesting... there may be even WORSE stuff from the Couric interview that hasn't aired yet:

Howard Kurtz wrote:
]It may have been a turning point for Couric, who was persistent without being overbearing, in shedding early doubts about her ability to be a commanding presence in the CBS anchor chair. And the worst may be yet to come for Palin; sources say CBS has two more responses on tape that will likely prove embarrassing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/28/AR2008092802587_3.html
joefromchicago

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 09:47 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
The only votes that McCain will get will obviously be by a bunch of right wing fanatic racists that still believe man walked the earth with dinosaurs just a few short years ago.

You mean Sarah Palin?
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:25 am
@joefromchicago,
joe, Don't you really mean that McCain is the dinosaur? Way beyond his time?

0 Replies

DrewDad

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:55 am
0 Replies

sozobe

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:36 am
@sozobe,
More info:

http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/cbs_to_air_more_footage_of_cou.php

Evidently it's not footage from the Couric interview that already aired, it's new footage. Not clear if it's OK or embarrassing.
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 11:40 am
@sozobe,
A very good tactic to get more people to watch their programs.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:31 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote: "Answer, Conservatives aren't very funny."

Maybe in the context in which you used this statement, it was true . . .

But . . . conservatives (especially the right-wing variety) are the laughing stock of America and serve as ample fodder for the comedians. The McCain-Palin ticket has given comedians a ton of material to work with and they're having a heydey.

In other words, conservatives can't seem to master that old adage, "Laugh with me but not at me."

okie

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 01:22 pm
@Debra Law,
Keep it up, Debra. Some of the most sickening sights I have ever seen are liberal elitist comedians that think they are funny, but aren't.
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 02:40 pm
@okie,
Truth usually hurts; it bursts your own beliefs about matters important to you.
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 02:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
During the vp debates, I'd love to hear Palin's view about a) the current financial crisis, b) diplomacy, c) how this bailout will help or hinder our economy, and why, d) why most national airplanes can fly over both friendly and enemy territory, and e) what's her perceptions are about diplomacy with our enemies?
Lambchop

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 02:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I'd like to hear them ask her, "Isn't is true that you recently admitted that you agree with Senator Obama re: Pakistan?"

I don't think there's any amount of coaching in this world that will have her prepared for Thursday night's debate.
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:02 pm
@Lambchop,
That will show up during the debates. She's not a sponge that can absorb everything before the debate.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:06 pm
@okie,
Can you honestly say that YOU didn't cringe with embarrassment for Palin during her "blunderwoman" interview with Couric?

Comedians are going to jump all over that . . . whether you like it or not.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:30 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Bill, I would love to take Obama's every word in some interviews, and have somebody imitate him. That would be just as hilarious, if not moreso. The uh, uh, uh's would be frosting on the cake.
For crying out sideways, Okie; the interview was a train wreck and even a partisan fool should recognize that and admit it. Her run-on non-sequiturs were simply staggering to even the untrained ear.
“Ultimately what the bailout does; is help those that are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy, oh, it’s gotta be all about job creation too...” Shocked

Forget the fact that the bailout wasn’t directed at any of that; the sentence doesn’t even make sense. Sarah Palin is an accomplished woman, who was very impressive at first glance… and I’m sure she’s capable of much better… but her incoherent babbling in the Couric interview made her look like a friggin idiot. Face the truth, Okie. Maybe she’ll do better Thursday, but that interview was a disaster.
Cycloptichorn

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:35 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Here ya go Bill.

http://www.palinparrot.com/

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:39 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
She's been able to BS her way through according to many conservatives on these threads, so don't expect too much change from the debates. It shows how political bias has damaged their brains.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:41 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Sometimes it is hard to know when to let well enough alone, I guess. Stuff like that -- openly making fun of her -- crosses some kind of boundary. It really does feel like piling on and thats not without risk of backlash. Yes, shes not ready for national leadership but that doesnt make her stupid. We would all do well to hold our tongues until after the debate.
cicerone imposter

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 03:44 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck, Even with some top republicans asking for her to resign, she's stubborn enough to think she's prepared for the job. That is stupid.
FreeDuck

Mon 29 Sep, 2008 04:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
We really dont know what she thinks. Look, I would not vote for her, I have my issues with her, but as long as she is self destructing there is no need to throw her a lifeline by giving her fans something to push back against.