Walter Hinteler

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:15 am
@H2O MAN,
Yes, even here in Europe we've now learnt a lot about her speechwriter Matthew Scully.
H2O MAN

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Yes, even here in Europe we've now learnt a lot about her speechwriter Matthew Scully.

That's great, but not important.
0 Replies

firefly

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:17 am
@H2O MAN,
No, H2O man, it is sign of Republican desperation that they would stick such a person on the ticket, at the last minute, without fully checking out her personal background, and without the intensive vetting that all other candidates are put through. They went into a panic about the possibility of having the convention disrupted by the conservative religious right, and McCain reached for Palin out of desperation, without it being a very carefully considered choice.

Now they are putting her into hiding so she won't be available for interviews until they have fully programmed her about what to say--they don't trust her to able to answer any questions, particularly the tough ones. And who can blame them.
H2O MAN

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 07:19 am
@firefly,
Americans want to keep Obama out of office and I support them.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:15 am
@Cycloptichorn,
...you know very well they released it because some conspiracy theorists were publishing stories that she pretended to give birth to a child that was actually her daughter's. ....which, btw, is a great example of why most normal people think the Democrats have completely lost it.
Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:18 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
I meant specifically the use of her children to score political points. Chelsea Clinton was called ugly, and I think most of us here thought that wasn't cool...but all the instances you mentioned pale in comparison to the viscious attack on Bristol Palin. I imagine you agree.

Good morning. <smiling>
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:22 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Even though I disagree with raising a child without information about avoiding pregnancy (and worse things), Sarah Palin is embracing her new grandchild and dealing with a situation that plenty of other Americans deal with. It's no problem. It'll be the most famous baby in the world for a while... This happens...and Sarah Palin's sex does make it any worse. Women don't have to hide away when their daughters get pregnant. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Who isn't having sex?? Why such a prude?
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:24 am
@squinney,
lmao---Oh, so you're going to hold the GOP accountable for every letter to the editor some lame-o writes.... Thanks for clearing up your thinking process for me. (Starts writing letter to the editor)

Get with the program, Squinney.
Cycloptichorn

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:24 am
@Lash,
lol, yeah, that's why they released the information. Right.

Pull the other one, lash

Cycloptichorn
Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:29 am
@DrewDad,
Doesn't matter what you know, what your wife does or how many daughters you have. Women in the US are a minority. Period.
Ticomaya

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:30 am
@Lash,
I don't think you understand, Lash ... Leslie Cornejo is a Ventura County Republican.

Ergo ... all Republican's are held to the thought process of Leslie Cornejo.

I'm starting to understand the logic going on here.
Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:30 am
@H2O MAN,
LMAO!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:31 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Why do you think they released it, Cyclops?
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:33 am
@FreeDuck,
All I know is you can hardly get Obama to vote yes or no....that doesn't bode well for him actually accomplishing something that takes determination and sticking his neck out on an issue.
FreeDuck

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:35 am
@Lash,
If thats your perception...

But I am still curious what actual reforms you were talking about. Not being snarky, I really want to know. I still dont feel I have enough information about Palin to make a well informed judgment and I was hoping you could fill me in since it seems that you do.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:37 am
@FreeDuck,
CNN..Campbell Brown...Blitzer...about four or five people...a black guy who was yelling and furious ....had never seen him on a panel...I think he was a preacher... Brown was oddly saying things about the media's sexist treatment of Palin...the usual suspects (Dem operatives) red-faced and obviously quite disappointed in her historic, incredible speech, were doing their best....unsuccessfully...to tear her down. She gored the media...gotta love it.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:38 am
@Lash,
You believe that women in the US are a minority.

The facts do not support your belief.

Why am I not surprised?
Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:42 am
@Diest TKO,
Well, I'm 47. I've lived in America the entire time. On forms, in conversation, in politics and every other social aspect of my life to this point, women are considered a minority...and I've NEVER heard the fact questioned until now. Guess Palin has a LOT of power....It's funny.Equality arrived overnight!!!! YAY!!!!!

<shakes head, ya chickens>
H2O MAN

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:42 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

You believe that women in the US are a minority.

Women are a suppressed minority according to the democrats... as long as they vote for democrats that is.
0 Replies

Lash

Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:45 am
@Cycloptichorn,
The Media: Only lawyers are hated more in America. The media can ruin you easily with lies, innuendo or just constant, drumming focus. They are too friggin powerful... Good on Sarah.