McTag

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 03:09 pm

Sarah Palin reminds me of Heather Mills-McCartney.

A bigger mistake than Dan Quayle?
sozobe

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 03:09 pm
I don't know if this is true, but according to Mark Halperin of Time (who I am frequently unimpressed with), this will be supermarket-line reading soon:

http://blog.prospect.org/blog/ezraklein/usweekly-thumb-360x235.jpg
0 Replies

Primotivo

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 03:24 pm
@McTag,
I think Hillary’s supporters will see right through this. Palin wasn’t picked b/c of her experience as a leader. She was chosen b/c she has a vagina. It’s degrading to women & I think it will backfire. As an Obama supporter I’m happy with his choice.

Besides the vag, Hillary and Palin have nothing in common
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 03:53 pm
@Debra Law,
Quote:
And, Sarah Palin stated:

"I am ... I am up to the task, of course, of focusing on the challenges that face America, and I am very pleased with the situation that I am in, when, when you consider the situation now that Alaska will be in. And that is Alaska, and Alaskans will be allowed to contribute more to our great country and they'll be allowed to do that because I -- if we're elected -- will be in a position of opening the eyes of the country to what it is that Alaska is all about and what Alaska has to offer. So, I am happy to and very honored to be asked to do this. I know it's going to be great for Alaska."

Maybe she thinks she's still competing to be Miss Alaska or Miss America. Laughing

Someone should tell her the job is Vice President of the United States. Oh--and they should give her a written job description. Very Happy

farmerman

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 04:39 pm
I saw that , as mayor of Wasilla she was active in having books banned froim the local library for "moral issues, language and other more global issues"
I wonder what books she tried banning?

Aint it always the case that these Conservatives are always seeking what is best for us all?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 04:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Fox news has reported that it will be Pawlenty - per some website I read Laughing

Cycloptichorn

Mr. Green

Liberals are loosing their collective minds over McCain's
selection for VP, Sarah Palin is a most impressive choice.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 06:13 pm
Im delighted for MCCains pick. She's a lightweight picked just for one reason. Im gonna love her debates with Biden. Im thinking that Biden will be real gentle and allow Palin to inflict the thousand cuts on herself as the debates progress.

She is attractive though, much better looking than Joe.
Rockhead

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 06:21 pm
@farmerman,
<snort>
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 06:25 pm
@firefly,
She's up to the task of doing what? She's a small state governor, small town mayor. She's way over her head, and doesn't know it; that's more ignorance than knowledge - and scary. Has she ever taken care of a "real" crisis in her life? What were they? When asked what decisions she's made for the state's national guard, the answer is "non-existent."
Ticomaya

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:56 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
A bigger mistake than Dan Quayle?

Um ... the Quayle ticket was elected.
Ticomaya

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
She's a small state governor, ...

Alaska is the biggest state in the Union, c.i.
JTT

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 09:59 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Um ... the Quayle ticket was elected.

Yup, conservatives are renowned for electing dummies.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:00 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:
Alaska is the biggest state in the Union, c.i.

But it's 47th in terms of population.
0 Replies

JTT

Tue 2 Sep, 2008 10:56 pm
Two top newspapers in Alaska question Palin's fitness, McCain's surrogates can't come up with one reason why she's a good pick but the Repub sheeple just jump on the bandwagon, the one headin' for the cliff.

Why do they hate America?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/mccain-surrogates-struggl_n_123213.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/greg-mitchell/2-top-alaska-newspapers-q_b_122625.html
McTag

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:21 am

"She was chosen b/c she has a vagina. It’s degrading to women & I think it will backfire."

I've never seen one that can do that.
Woiyo9

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 06:25 am
@JTT,
Let's see.

Palin actually GOVERNED. Obama can not even perform the duties of the Office he was elected to.

Palin helped run a small business. Obama has not run ANYTHING.

Palin beat back to "old boy" republican machine and WON and election. Obama wins because of his skin color.

Palin is CIC of the Alaska National Guard. You had to twist Obamas arm to go visit troops in Iraq.

old europe

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 06:51 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:
Palin actually GOVERNED. Obama can not even perform the duties of the Office he was elected to.

I don't know what you really mean by that, but if you're saying that oneandahalf years governing a state with less population than Austian, Texas makes you more qualified than a longer time in the United States Senate, then it would probably be wise to nominate Palin as Presidential candidate, and McCain - the guy with less experience - as Vice.
DrewDad

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 06:54 am
@Woiyo9,
Woiyo9 wrote:
Palin actually GOVERNED.

Judging from what I've heard of Troopergate, it seems more like she was trying to RULE.

Woiyo9 wrote:
Obama can not even perform the duties of the Office he was elected to.

That's plainly false.

Woiyo9 wrote:
Palin helped run a small business.

One which was not in compliance with state law, while she was governor, which she did not properly disclose, and which was shut down. NOT ETHICAL.

Woiyo9 wrote:
Obama has not run ANYTHING.

This is plainly false.

Woiyo9 wrote:
Palin beat back to "old boy" republican machine and WON and election.

God Lord. She WON an election. This qualifies her? OK, so when Obama wins he'll be qualified too, right?

Woiyo9 wrote:
Obama wins because of his skin color.

Good Lord. At least we know how you really feel.

Woiyo9 wrote:
Palin is CIC of the Alaska National Guard.

Did she actually DO anything as CIC of the Alaska National Guard?

Woiyo9 wrote:
You had to twist Obamas arm to go visit troops in Iraq.

Wait. I thought the meme was that Obama uses wounded troops as props in his campaign. Didn't you get the memo?

[/quote]
H2O MAN

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 07:00 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

"She was chosen b/c she has a vagina.
It’s degrading to women & I think it will backfire."

I've never seen one that can do that.

Having a Vagina is degrading to women?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 07:02 am