Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 07:56 pm
Woohoo (re: permanent)!

BTW it's Jenny right (the dog)?

And bunnies are made to chase!
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:08 pm
'Tis Jenny, indeed. And did you mean little brown bunnies or big white smoking bunnies, Craven? And where are you now, any way? Now that you're here (I think), I have a niece who's gone to Brazil (and quite attractive, too).
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:15 pm
Sheesh! Now you tell me? I'm back stateside (San Diego). How attractive? I was thinking of returning to Brazil...

he he

White smoking bunnies of course, they should have no refuge.
0 Replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:30 pm
She's only there for a few months, Craven, so it's probably not worth the effort. She is quite pretty, though, and very smart and is there to brush up on her Portuguese (honest, that's what her mother told me).

Haven't spotted any of the white rabbit variety in my yard, yet, but I'm still looking. Those big white ones probably would scare the daylights out of Jenny (she only chases things that are considerably smaller than she is -- she is definitely not a dummy).
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:39 pm
I want to return to Brazil to brush up on my Portuguese too...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:43 pm
So is "Brush up on my Portuguese" kinda like "3-Hour Tour?"
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:50 pm
Depends on one's luck.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:51 pm
I met a guy on Friday from CostaRica that has excellent Portuguese. Wink
He was also saying something about a slang blend?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:20 pm
Sugar wrote:
If Isabel hits the coast, anybody living on it should pack their bags and kiss their stuff goodbye. To give a little perspective, Andrew was only a category 3.

Not to wish ill on the Carolinas, but from my front window, it's better than slamming into us first. New Englanders have come to rely on our southern cousins to act as a buffer zone. It keeps my windows intact, my boats from being destroyed and the Cape from being wiped completely off the map. Not that I'd really have a problem with that...

I believe there have only been three category 5 hurricanes to hit the US in recorded history, and I wasn't alive for any of them.

I hope it dies down. I lived on the Gulf, and some of the wreckage was still apparent from Camille (a 5). Heard many stories from the locals. So many died on the coast from MS to New Orleans. One guy said he had pine straw driven into his chest from the wind.

A 5 is nothing like a 3. Hope not Savannah again. It gets bad inland. If it looks like its going to hit near Savannah, WE may go further inland (and we're already two hours from the coast.)

Washington is so close to the coast. Wonder what kind of preparation is going on there...
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:22 pm
It's not a 5 anymore BTW.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:26 pm
Well, I hope it has weakened since I checked at about 6PM. It was technically a 4--

A 5 is 156mph. At 6PM, it was 155mph. Not impressively a 4, to me--but maybe dying down.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 10:26 pm
Oh my gosh, has there been a Bandylu sighting??? Hey there Bandylu. Jeeez!!! It's been such a long time no see.

Great to see ya girl

Gezzy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:05 am
Hi Bandy! What is this hurricane doing?

(No refuge, eh? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:29 am
Every time we have a problem...hurricane...ice storm...anything that causes disruption in power....screws up our water also because my sub division is on a community well so if the pump goes at the station we have to wait for it to be brought back to speed which sometimes takes longer than getting our own power back on......I end up with a stream of neighbors walking down with buckets to dip water out of my pool to flush their toilets.....I told squinney we should charge 5.00 a bucket and take a vacation........seriously that does come in handy......I just tie my generator into the main box and run everything except the washer dryer and oven off of it...we eat microwave food and we're good to go...we can even microwave enough water to shave and do a PTA bath in a pinch...so we're putting in 20 gals of gas and getting all the laundry done in addition to putting in water and tequila...normally I would put in some extra KY for times like these but squinney and I are not getting along so no need for that....... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:36 am
I hope you and squinney patch things up there Bear ;-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:43 am
It's difficult for her...married to Peter Pan and all........I accept full responsibility every time we have a disagreement......may as well.... :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:44 am
Good man Peter Pan ;-)
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 08:52 am
Growing up is a problem....and in retrospect I've noticed I lost a lot of my happy thoughts around 1987 when I put down the magic dust..... nothing would make me happier than grabbing my two male cubs...a little magic dust....happy thoughts...then first star and straight on til morning...just three lost boys....and those mermaids...... yabba yabba yabba!!!!! Cool Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 09:13 am
:-D
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 04:58 pm
The evacuation of Ocracoke has been ordered.
0 Replies