Scratch John Edwards Off List of Dem Veep Possibles

snood

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 02:40 am
Thank you Joe (dang it! wish I'd said that, too!) Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 02:50 am
Guess it's okie-dokey iffen you get you a young, blond and rich one to screw behind your sick wife's back so long as you marry her money, er, marry her, Honey.

Joe(Edwards is staying with his wife and she with him. What fools.)Nation
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 06:11 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:
Cindy wasn't John's employee.

Both Clinton's and Edwards' behavior toward their employees ( Monica and Rielle) quite possibly meet the definition of sexual harrassment.

Not that liberals care about such things.

Of course they meet the definition of sexual harassment, call the DA on John Edwards, will yah? But we were talking about fccking somebody other than your wife in the case of John McCain and then lying about it as John McCain did and continues to do, the lying part, not the fccking part so far as we know and yet, except for that Great Communicator and Fccker, Ronald Reagan, who dispised John McCain for what he did, the right and the Main Stream Media gives the Great Skirtchaser McCain a pass.

Joe(How come that is, boss?)Nation

Maybe because they know Osamabama, despite their constant attention and praise, will FOKK everybody?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 07:50 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Quote:

Both Clinton's and Edwards' behavior toward their employees ( Monica and Rielle) quite possibly meet the definition of sexual harrassment.

Of course they meet the definition of sexual harassment, call the DA on John Edwards, will yah? But we were talking about fccking somebody other than your wife in the case of John McCain and then lying about it as John McCain did and continues to do, the lying part, not the fccking part so far as we know and yet, except for that Great Communicator and Fccker, Ronald Reagan, who dispised John McCain for what he did, the right and the Main Stream Media gives the Great Skirtchaser McCain a pass.

Joe(How come that is, boss?)Nation

So someone who MIGHT BE president doing something immoral (McCain) upsets you more than someone who IS president doing something illegal (Clinton) .

Is that about it?

btw I thought you were all about individual morality and all that. Why the big blow up over McCain, can't you stay consistent? Ya know, show us all the 'true way' and all of that? Where did your open mind go?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 07:54 am
It's still interesting that a thread about Edwards cheating keeps invoking McCain. Like no one knows about it or something. Thanks for keeping us up to date on ancient history while we deal with current events. I feel much more informed now.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:00 am
Joe Nation wrote:
Edwards is staying with his wife and she with him. What fools.

Yeah she's dying of cancer. He's got her access to medical care.

She's also got her kids to provide for.

What did you expect her to do? Rolling Eyes

He's a high powered lawyer. What do you think she'd come away with in a divorce, Joe?

oh yeah that's right, he'd be fair with her wouldn't he. she can trust him to be fair, the scumball that he is. he's trustworthy.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:35 am
real life wrote:
snood wrote:
but, that happened so LONG ago, SURELY it isn't relevant NOW?!?

[size=7](snark, snark)[/size]

I seriously doubt either of these cases meet the definition of sexual harassment.
Typically in order for there to be sexual harassment there must:
A. Be an objection.
B. Have the objection ignored.
There wouldn't appear to have been an objection in either case.

While it may be unwise to sleep with your coworkers, illegal it ain't.

On the other side; John and Cindy McCain seem to have been happily married now for what, three decades? Sounds like love to me (not casual betrayal).
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 08:43 am
That's thin ice, though -- which is better, to have a quick casual fling and then repair things with the wife and stay with her; or cheat on the wife who waited for you for years when you were a POW, and who'd had a terrible accident that she was still recovering from, and then LEAVE her for the person you cheated on?

Anyway, I don't think either one is that important in and of itself, but I do think that the people who are all upset about Edwards' affair because of the affair itself (as opposed to the "wow, that was dumb" factor) should be equally upset about McCain's affair. Same with those who are upset not because of the affair itself but because of the lying about it.

Some similarities, some differences, but overall they're both pretty shabby stories.

Meanwhile, evidently Edwards hired Hunter AFTER the affair had begun -- that means the sexual harassment thing doesn't really apply but is worse in other ways (looks like she may have created the film company and went on the road with him just as a front for continuing the affair).
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 09:02 am
I was going to point that out about the apparent timing until I saw Sozobe's post on it.

Gah.. even I question that I would post this, but it's slightly relevant to the question of harassment. I found it fascinating in a trainwreck kind of way: http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-miller10-2008aug10,0,4015084.story
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:07 am
sozobe wrote:
That's thin ice, though -- which is better, to have a quick casual fling and then repair things with the wife and stay with her; or cheat on the wife who waited for you for years when you were a POW, and who'd had a terrible accident that she was still recovering from, and then LEAVE her for the person you cheated on?

Anyway, I don't think either one is that important in and of itself, but I do think that the people who are all upset about Edwards' affair because of the affair itself (as opposed to the "wow, that was dumb" factor) should be equally upset about McCain's affair. Same with those who are upset not because of the affair itself but because of the lying about it.

Some similarities, some differences, but overall they're both pretty shabby stories.
Come on Soz; one happened 3 decades ago. Try this: Does it matter if Obama used drugs 3 decades ago, or if it was 2 years ago? Of course it's different. And McCain spent more time as a POW than he did with his wife first, came home to a woman he didn't recognize, and some call him a scumbag for not living his entire life a martyr, too? That's pretty harsh. Plus he spent 3 decades as a loving husband since? What has Edwards done to re-prove himself? Admitted to being 1% dishonest? Rolling Eyes Not really all that similar at all.

As for which is worse in general: I don't think a person chooses who they fall in love with or when (All's fair in love and war and all that), but one definitely chooses whether they just want to betray their partner to get their kicks.

sozobe wrote:
Meanwhile, evidently Edwards hired Hunter AFTER the affair had begun -- that means the sexual harassment thing doesn't really apply but is worse in other ways (looks like she may have created the film company and went on the road with him just as a front for continuing the affair).
This sounds like it could actually be criminal fund mismanagement, depending on qualifications/compensation. Not that I care. I'm just glad the scumbag has taken himself out of the game.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:32 am
Do I have to quote the link to get anyone to read it?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 04:08 am
osso,

Thank you for the link. The whole thing fits. I've known people my whole life just like the dweller of the bedroom.

They have a sweet, peculiar madness.

Real Life: I don't have a clue who you are referring to here:

Quote:
So someone who MIGHT BE president doing something immoral (McCain) upsets you more than someone who IS president doing something illegal (Clinton) .

Is that about it?

btw I thought you were all about individual morality and all that. Why the big blow up over McCain, can't you stay consistent? Ya know, show us all the 'true way' and all of that? Where did your open mind go?

Are you upset about something? Maybe your own inability to be consistently judgemental regarding such matters.?

And I think you are the purveyor of the idea that there is a true way, so perhaps you should take the lead.

Joe(Myself? I admit freely I haven't a clue, I only reports some facts for comparison sakes.)Nation
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 07:40 am
I have no problem saying that McCain was a scum for cheating on his wife umpteen years ago. Would he do it today? I don't know.

The difference between Clinton and McCain is that Clinton committed perjury under oath and also very possibly is guilty of sexual harrassment , also illegal.

And Clinton jeopardized his own safety (thus disregarding the best interests of the country) by ducking Secret Service to be alone with his kneeling friend.

And we could talk about opening himself up to blackmail, either by her or those she confided in (and she did). This was also a problem for McCain but the order of magnitude is much greater with a president, I'm sure you would agree.
0 Replies