Scratch John Edwards Off List of Dem Veep Possibles

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 12:43 pm
FOX Article

I hadn't heard he was a prime candidate, but this should rule him completely out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,019 • Replies: 152
No top replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 01:08 pm
Re: Scratch John Edwards Off List of Dem Veep Possibles
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
FOX Article

I hadn't heard he was a prime candidate, but this should rule him completely out.
That isn't new news, doesn't look like any better proof, wouldn't be terribly important to me anyway, but anything that keeps the scumbag off the ticket is fine with me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 01:53 pm
Good grief. While his wife dies. He could have waited.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:41 pm
Lash wrote:
Good grief. While his wife dies. He could have waited.

As could have Newt Gingrich.

Narcicism and infidelity tend to go hand in hand.

At least Newt didn't try to capitalize politically on his wife's illness.

As Bill notes, Edwards is indeed a scumbag. Yet he is a scumbag that thousands and thousands wanted to be the Dem candidate for president, and millions would have voted for had he received the nod.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:50 pm
Re: Scratch John Edwards Off List of Dem Veep Possibles
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
FOX Article

That isn't new news, doesn't look like any better proof, wouldn't be terribly important to me anyway, but anything that keeps the scumbag off the ticket is fine with me.

I don't know, had the guard confirmed the NE story previously?

It's not a terribly important story since I don't think Edwards was on the short list for Obama's VP, but the image of him hiding in a bathroom is amusing.

The real story is how this isn't receiving coverage in the liberal media outlets (which is to say just about all of them). Does anyone believe that if the target of the NE pack had been a prominent Republican the story would not have found its way to the NY and LA Times (among others)?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 05:03 pm
We don't know the details of their marriage, but it would not be unheard of for a dieing wife to release her husband from sexual exclusivity arrangements. We also don't know if Mrs Edwards ever expected him to not sleep with other women. Unless she publicly charges him with betrayal this is nobodies business. Several pundants have surmised that Edwards will no longer be a public servant, in which case this is not for public consumption no matter what the details are.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 05:07 pm
Just think, if Dems had had their way, we could be dealing with Edwards as VP, not as a marginalized has been.

No doubt they would prefer that we had another Clinton-like figure in high office that they could defend by screaming 'it's just a private matter' and 'it's none of your business'.

I suppose that having a president or vice president that is vulnerable to blackmail is no concern of ours.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 06:29 pm
Could be worse I suppose, what if it turned out he was a fagot atheist vegan?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 06:31 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Could be worse I suppose, what if it turned out he was a fagot atheist vegan?

or a faggot atheist vegan liberal?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:24 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
We don't know the details of their marriage, but it would not be unheard of for a dieing wife to release her husband from sexual exclusivity arrangements. We also don't know if Mrs Edwards ever expected him to not sleep with other women. Unless she publicly charges him with betrayal this is nobodies business. Several pundants have surmised that Edwards will no longer be a public servant, in which case this is not for public consumption no matter what the details are.

Yeah, and maybe it was really an alien impersonating Edwards who was seen in the hotel, or he was there to harvest her organs, not schtupp her.

I'm sure everyone who has castigated Newt Gingrich for his treatment of a dying wife, knew what their personal relationship was.

Good grief.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:32 pm
Hey finn - s'cuse my ignorance, but who's the guy in the avatar?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 12:13 am
snood wrote:

Samuel Beckett
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 05:50 am
Oh - The Waiting for Godot guy. My first thought is that its somehow comforting to me that you would have affinity (if thats what your using his picture means) for someone who expanded the general understanding of the concept of absurdity in popular literature. If someone understands the intrinsic absurdity of the human condition, I think its less likely for that person to be an unrepentant idealogue. Maybe there's hope that your flawed mentality is valid.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 06:28 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:

Samuel Beckett

Who were you yesterday, at 3PM, Finn?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 08:40 pm
snood wrote:
Oh - The Waiting for Godot guy. My first thought is that its somehow comforting to me that you would have affinity (if thats what your using his picture means) for someone who expanded the general understanding of the concept of absurdity in popular literature. If someone understands the intrinsic absurdity of the human condition, I think its less likely for that person to be an unrepentant idealogue. Maybe there's hope that your flawed mentality is valid.

Ha ha.

At least you took the time to google Beckett.

I'm afraid there is no hint, what-so-ever, that your flawed mentality is valid.

Your screen name is a mindless puzzle game, and your avatar is a affected photo of.....yourself.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 08:41 pm
JTT wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:

Samuel Beckett

Who are you?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 08:47 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
JTT wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:

Samuel Beckett

Who are you?

The one that has your number. Smile
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 08:52 pm
JTT wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
JTT wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:

Samuel Beckett

Who are you?

The one that has your number. Smile

Oooh....now I'm afraid!

BTW - At what point did you come to the conclusion that adding a smiley face to your trash posts made them benign?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 09:26 pm
There's no reason to be afraid. Take a breath, Finn, take a deep breath.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 09:33 pm
Remora… Laughing
0 Replies