Scratch John Edwards Off List of Dem Veep Possibles

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:42 pm
snood wrote:
Quote:
Kind of arrogant, don't you think? Probably plays well with those who worship him

who, your windbagness, do you consider a "worshipper" of Edwards?

Classic snood.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 04:48 pm
I see what you're saying, Cyclo. But blackmail about things like homosexual activity, extramarital activity, is in itself a retrograde system.

On his knowing this and running anyway, given it is none of our business, and probably in many other countries, no one would give a damn:- That he puts such a good family picture out there, as most people running for president simply have to make part of their show, accompanied by what could be taken as hypocritical word - I get your point of resentment. But I still maintain it is not our nosy business.

Yes, I admit a made a conjecture about money passing hands, a few pages ago, because I am now curious re the hooplah and hooplah's meaning.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:06 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
Quote:
Kind of arrogant, don't you think? Probably plays well with those who worship him

Classic snood.

Yeah, okay - you sure got my number alright.

But what did you mean by "those who worship Edwards"? I am clear that there's a popular meme about Obama "worshipers", but wasn't aware there was any such scuttlebutt over Edwards. Are you aware of anyone even rumoring that people have some kind of inordinate "Edwards worship"?

Or were you just blustering out of your ass again?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 05:11 pm
Blustering, of course. You see, the right-wing gets to completely invent memes for the other side, and hey - they reserve the right to act huffy when called out on their ****.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 06:13 pm
snood wrote:
Well, this sure validates a lot of Occum Bill's doubts about Edwards' character.
Good of you to mention. Thanks.

Also good to see so many of you finally figuring out the man is a scumbag. The "pretending to channel a dead baby for money" thing should have told you all you needed to know. Filling his pockets with an ever increasingly clear bogus medical pseudo-science was as much a staple as it was pure scumbaggery. Cheating on his wife sucks too, but it is hardly Edwards' worst sin.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 06:51 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
snood wrote:
Well, this sure validates a lot of Occum Bill's doubts about Edwards' character.
Good of you to mention. Thanks.

Also good to see so many of you finally figuring out the man is a scumbag. The "pretending to channel a dead baby for money" thing should have told you all you needed to know. Filling his pockets with an ever increasingly clear bogus medical pseudo-science was as much a staple as it was pure scumbaggery. Cheating on his wife sucks too, but it is hardly Edwards' worst sin.

Bill has doubts about Edward's character? That might even be reasonable. Why have we never heard anything about Bill's concerns of the character of Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Bolton, Feith, Tenant, Rumsfeld, Powell, Rice, ...?

No, Bill's not the only one. See this, from this same thread, for sheer chutzpah;

real life wrote:
Instead of 'sacrificing himself' as BBB stated, Edwards was asking us to believe:

a. he didn't have an affair with Hunter

b. Hunter's child was not his

Now that he has admitted that he lied through his teeth regarding a. why should anybody believe him on b. ?
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 06:54 pm
Quote:
John Edwards, former US Senator (D-NC), stated in a Dec. 19, 2007 interview with Katy Couric titled "Candidates Offer Views on Infidelity" on CBS Evening News:

"[Katy] Couric: So how important do you think it [infidelity] is in the grand scheme of things?
[John] Edwards: I think the most important qualities in a president in today's world are trustworthiness, sincerity, honesty, strength of leadership. And certainly that goes to a part of that. It's not the whole thing. But it goes to a part of it.

Couric: So you think it's an appropriate way to judge a candidate?

Edwards: Yeah. But I don't think it's controlling. I mean, I think that, as you point out, there have been American presidents that at least according to the...stories we've all heard, that were not faithful, that were in fact good presidents. So I don't think it controls the issue. But I think it's certain...something reasonable for people to consider."

source
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:09 pm
And Edwards again in 1999 (about Clinton's infidelity)
Edwards wrote:

I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen.

source
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:17 pm
slkshock7 wrote:
Edwards wrote:

I think this President has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen.

source

There's no doubt at all that there are some serious moral issues involved here. Let's put this in perspective. How many people have died because of Edward's lies? Do you need to borrow my fingers to complete your count?
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:43 pm
JTT wrote:
slkshock7 wrote:
Edwards wrote:

source

There's no doubt at all that there are some serious moral issues involved here. Let's put this in perspective. How many people have died because of Edward's lies? Do you need to borrow my fingers to complete your count?

Zero...so what's your point?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 07:49 pm
slkshock7 wrote:
JTT wrote:
slkshock7 wrote:
Edwards wrote:

source

The zero, or damn close to it, focus on the real moral failings that surround "you".
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:00 pm
snood wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
Quote:

Classic snood.

But what did you mean by "those who worship Edwards"? I am clear that there's a popular meme about Obama "worshipers", but wasn't aware there was any such scuttlebutt over Edwards. Are you aware of anyone even rumoring that people have some kind of inordinate "Edwards worship"?

Continued classic snood.

Thank you.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:36 pm
slkshock7 wrote:
A moron with a Bush fixation wrote:

Not so fast. Edwards made his fortune suing doctors for not performing cesarean sections under certain conditions, despite there never having been a consensus that they were necessary... and the fact that throughout his career it became increasingly apparent that they were not (really clear now). Edwards is widely considered a pioneer of this sleazy strategy that rewards scumbags for exploiting tragedy by targeting innocent doctors. Subsequently; Cesarean rates more than doubled at least in part because doctors became uncomfortable making medical judgments that could be second guessed for profit by scumbag's like Edwards. Cesarean deliveries are several times more likely to be fatal than vaginal deliveries and have resulted in thousands of additional deaths since their dramatic increase in frequency. Now we can't know how many cesareans in the last 2 decades were actually necessary and how many were the results of Edwards & Co.'s profiteering on human tragedy... let alone directly attributable to Edwards himself. It really isn't quantifiable... but I think it's safe to say "some."

Of course, this has little to do with this thread beyond providing a history that suggests Edwards was always too big of a scumbag for high office. The moron who brought it up can't seem to find a thread to make his idiotic anti-Bush rant for the 147,000th time. Rolling Eyes

(Remora Laughing)
0 Replies

real life

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 08:55 pm
Since Ms. Hunter was an employee of Edwards at the time, doesn't the issue of sexual harrassment occur to anyone?

The fact that he could, because of the employer-employee relationship , be seen as having pressured the woman into giving him what he wanted has not been mentioned. Of course part of the pressure game is the manipulation in getting her to say (at the time) that it was consensual.

Perhaps this isn't over in more than one way.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:10 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
slkshock7 wrote:
A moron with a Bush fixation wrote:

Not so fast. Edwards made his fortune suing doctors for not performing cesarean sections under certain conditions, despite there never having been a consensus that they were necessary... and the fact that throughout his career it became increasingly apparent that they were not (really clear now). Edwards is widely considered a pioneer of this sleazy strategy that rewards scumbags for exploiting tragedy by targeting innocent doctors. Subsequently; Cesarean rates more than doubled at least in part because doctors became uncomfortable making medical judgments that could be second guessed for profit by scumbag's like Edwards. Cesarean deliveries are several times more likely to be fatal than vaginal deliveries and have resulted in thousands of additional deaths since their dramatic increase in frequency. Now we can't know how many cesareans in the last 2 decades were actually necessary and how many were the results of Edwards & Co.'s profiteering on human tragedy... let alone directly attributable to Edwards himself. It really isn't quantifiable... but I think it's safe to say "some."

Of course, this has little to do with this thread beyond providing a history that suggests Edwards was always too big of a scumbag for high office. The moron who brought it up can't seem to find a thread to make his idiotic anti-Bush rant for the 147,000th time. Rolling Eyes

(Remora Laughing)

Laughing

But Edwards has always been a paladin for the poor.

Selflessly working for the downtrodden he has pursued their causes pro bono --- oh wait, he was entitled to make a living serving the poor and so he did so for a fair and modest wage --- oh wait, why shouldn't he get rich bringing the bastards who prey upon the poor to justice? Surely a third of whatever the poor receives is not too much!

Just like his fellow paladins Dickie Scruggs, Melvin Weiss, David Bershard, and Steven Schulman.

Yes and Populist John, paladin of the poor and son of a mill worker lives in a 20,000 sq ft luxury compound because it serves as a shining example to the poor of what they too may achieve if only they have the will and amorality to pursue, at all costs, the almighty dollar.

What an American Icon!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:13 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Not so fast. Edwards made his fortune suing doctors for not performing cesarean sections under certain conditions, despite there never having been
... let alone directly attributable to Edwards himself. It really isn't quantifiable... but I think it's safe to say "some."

Of course, this has little to do with this thread beyond providing a history that suggests Edwards was always too big of a scumbag for high office.

Well, Bill, you've shown clearly that you can address this most heinous of crimes, that good ole bit of American capitalism, litigation. And let's acknowledge that, yes, his motives may well have been crass, without good moral judgment, ... .

Now where does that leave sanctimonious ole Bill. You run around screaming about how immoral this that and the other thing is and yet you fail to address the most morally repugnant things of all.

Your holier than thou attitude really is too much. It's hypocrisy at the highest level.

Once again,

"Why have we never heard anything about Bill's concerns of the character of Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Bolton, Feith, Tenant, Rumsfeld, Powell, Rice, ...?

These are much more quantifiable, Bill and yet, what do we get from you, zippo, nothing, nada, ... .

Maybe it wouldn't seem so blatantly hypocritical if you didn't splash all over your postings just what a morally upright guy you are.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:24 pm
JTT wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Not so fast. Edwards made his fortune suing doctors for not performing cesarean sections under certain conditions, despite there never having been
... let alone directly attributable to Edwards himself. It really isn't quantifiable... but I think it's safe to say "some."

Of course, this has little to do with this thread beyond providing a history that suggests Edwards was always too big of a scumbag for high office.

Well, Bill, you've shown clearly that you can address this most heinous of crimes, that good ole bit of American capitalism, litigation. And let's acknowledge that, yes, his motives may well have been crass, without good moral judgment, ... .

Now where does that leave sanctimonious ole Bill. You run around screaming about how immoral this that and the other thing is and yet you fail to address the most morally repugnant things of all.

Your holier than thou attitude really is too much. It's hypocrisy at the highest level.

Once again,

"Why have we never heard anything about Bill's concerns of the character of Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz, Bolton, Feith, Tenant, Rumsfeld, Powell, Rice, ...?

These are much more quantifiable, Bill and yet, what do we get from you, zippo, nothing, nada, ... .
Laughing It takes a pretty demented mind to wonder why I don't post my dislikes of those people in a thread about John Edwards. The idea that there is something hypocritical in not doing so rests in idiocy… your idiocy JTT.

JTT wrote:
Maybe it wouldn't seem so blatantly hypocritical if you didn't splash all over your postings just what a morally upright guy you are.
Laughing Do quote and highlight the portion of my post you got that from. Maybe that's just the way you feel about me... and it disturbs you because I don't share your dementia.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 09:38 pm
JTT wrote:

Occom Bill wrote:
Laughing Do quote and highlight the portion of my post you got that from.

The hottest fires in hell are reserved for those who remain neutral in times of moral crisis.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
(Edmund Burke)
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 10:04 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
Quote:

Classic snood.

Continued classic snood.

Thank you.

But seriously, oh brain-that-feeds-on-itself, where did you get that "Worshipers of Edwards" thing? Surely it would be an effortless thing for you to provide an answer to such a simple question.

Here is the passage to which I refer, to any following our jovial exchange:

Empty-ego-full-of-words said:

Quote:
Kind of arrogant, don't you think? Probably plays well with those who worship him, but not so much everyone else, and certainly not with the press that can still hurt him. (Remember Gary Hart?)

So, I will ask you once again, he-who-is-most-impressed-with-himself-for-no-apparent-reason, who do you refer to when you say "those who worship" Edwards?

If you still dodge the very simple question, I will take it as evidence that you have no answer, were spinning bullshit for effect with the throwaway "worship" reference, and are so lost in your own bullshyt that you don't even notice it when you look stupid.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 8 Aug, 2008 10:29 pm
snood wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
snood wrote:
Quote:

Classic snood.

Continued classic snood.

Thank you.

But seriously, oh brain-that-feeds-on-itself, where did you get that "Worshipers of Edwards" thing? Surely it would be an effortless thing for you to provide an answer to such a simple question.

Here is the passage to which I refer, to any following our jovial exchange:

Empty-ego-full-of-words said:

Quote:
Kind of arrogant, don't you think? Probably plays well with those who worship him, but not so much everyone else, and certainly not with the press that can still hurt him. (Remember Gary Hart?)

So, I will ask you once again, he-who-is-most-impressed-with-himself-for-no-apparent-reason, who do you refer to when you say "those who worship" Edwards?

If you still dodge the very simple question, I will take it as evidence that you have no answer, were spinning bullshit for effect with the throwaway "worship" reference, and are so lost in your own bullshyt that you don't even notice it when you look stupid.

That must be it snoodly.
0 Replies