kitchenpete in Mass...

Sugar

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 11:29 am
Somerville and Cambridge went smoke free this week - as of Wednesday.

Lil Joe Cook is still at the Cantab, - Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 01:35 pm
You're doing it again!
Choose a place where you can
a) buy drinks
b) hear each other speak
c) move around a bit
d) reach without a native guide

Nothing else matters, IMHO. KP is a man of the world, he has seen everything. He has even been to Halifax, not Nova Scotia, and returned. So wherever he hangs his hat, is a good locale.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 02:01 pm
Actually, I'm enjoying this thread (from 3000 miles) away. I have fond memories of Boston and Cambridge, and this thread makes me want to visit again. So many bars! So many options!

Of course, there may be nearly as much going on in this town, and I only frequent one joint...
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 12:06 pm
Now in Mass and watching the rain...I haven't seen very much this summer in Europe - not even in the North of England!!!

I'll check in again before Wednesday to see where you choose...I'm fairly easy (as far as venue is concerned) Wink

KP
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 01:03 pm
The Kitchen has landed.

McTag (vicariously travelling) Smile
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 01:10 pm
McTag wrote:
The Kitchen has landed.

McTag (vicariously travelling) Smile

At least we vicarious travellers know already where we are going! Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 11:53 pm
Another vicarious lurker here. Wouldja all decide where you are going already? Quiet, osso.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 12:40 pm
So far, this decisive group seems to have neither a time nor a place. I always thought Phoenix Landing was a loud place although I've never been there. I actually think Eoin has...must have been an 18 and older night.

quinn -- How have you missed going to Jacob Wirth's where the waiters are the original crew? They're immortal!

Central square is probably as bad if not worse than Allston for parking, etc.

What night are we currently aiming for?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 08:28 pm
Hiya, back from London, exhausted. It is Wed. night that we are going for, Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville are all smoke free now, as of the 1st - so that really doesn't weigh into things. I agree that Phoenix Landing is the loudest place we could possibly aim for, so how about The Field -also in Central Square, on one of the side streets there (Prospect or something). How about that?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 09:29 pm
waiting, taptaptap
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 10:41 pm
Hey KP, if they don't come up with a plan, how about taking a quick flight out here to Denver. There are all sorts of cool places we could take you and some very cool people in this part of the country. Come on out to the Mile High City and we might even teach you how to rope cattle.
OK, I know, in my dreams, so have a wonderful time, take lots of pictures and give eveyone a hug for me. I love the Boston crowd.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 07:28 am
As far as I can tell - Phoenix Landing on Wednesday. Attendance is down by 3 - me, jespah and plainoldme can't go on Wednesday.

Phoesnix Landing on a Tuesday will be fine. It's a slow night anyway and the smoking ban keeps the bars fairly quiet. I was at Temple Bar on Friday and got a table for 3 at 8:30 in 15 minutes.

Have fun!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 09:02 am
The Field sounds good to me. It's just off Massachusetts Ave by a door or two, not far from Pearl Art I believe.

Wednesday is quilting. Missed it last week because of a headache and need to go to learn how to bind the quilt that I have been working on for more than a year and had to "deconstruct."
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 6 Oct, 2003 10:00 pm
What's new? Are we on? I may go to Maine tomorrow, but would drive down if we are on for Wednesday - who's coming? Would it be the Field, Wednesday, say 7pm? Let's do a headcount then - I know of littlek, me, hopefully kitchenpete, maybe plainoldme, who else is in for sure?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 09:20 am
Quinn can't go. Not sure about fishin.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 09:45 am
We need committment guys!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 10:20 am
Videoconference with NW England?

Sunny today BTW
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 12:34 pm
Darn, and I will be in Maine until late on Wednesday - Lucinda Williams and Jayhawks are playing in Portland. Sorry guys, there is no way on earth how i can miss that. errrr, is thursday a remote possibility by any chance? kp? maybe more people could make it then?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 06:03 pm
LUCINDA WILLIAMS!!!! Dang.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 06:04 pm
She's playing in Boston tonight?!?! AAAARRRRGH!
0 Replies