Fear of a Black President

parados

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 11:58 am
ican711nm wrote:
JTT wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
JTT wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
You think George Bush is actually the one trying to stifle the USA's economy by stifling USA efforts to increase drilling for crude oil from domestic oil rich reserves.Question Shocked

Nope, he's just doing what he's always done, trying to cover the enormous errors in judgment with glib, poorly thought out appeals to the large group of ignorant people who elected him. And guess what, it works sometimes. We see it in your every post.

Oh, then you do not disagree that the liberal coveter pacifiers are emulating George Orwell's oppressive "Party" in their effort to stifle the USA's economy by blocking USA efforts to increase drilling for crude oil in domestic oil rich reserves like ANWR.

Your elevator definitely doesn't go to your top floor.

Laughing
All my elevators are attached to the airplanes I pilot. All those airplanes fly higher than the tallest building in the world.

We know you are a part time pilot that thinks he is a rocket scientist. But just because you fly and are in outer space half the time doesn't make it so.

Have you ever read 1984 by George Orwell? Did you understand any of it? You repeatedly spout things that are the official government party line and you believe them in spite of any evidence to the contrary. Opposing the government can not really be classified as the "oppressive party"
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 12:16 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican, It's obvious you don't recognize your own mental illness, but anyone reading your posts on a2k would recognize a sick mind unless they were in a similar mental state as you!

Aha! Now I've got it! You think that anyone on A2K who doesn't recognize me to have a sick mind, also has a sick mind.

Now what does that say about your mind? Check with your psychiatrist. He'll tell you. He'll not only tell you, he will diagnose the cause of your problem. He may even help you solve it. Bring lots of bucks!

Success!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 12:22 pm
ican711nm wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:
ican, It's obvious you don't recognize your own mental illness, but anyone reading your posts on a2k would recognize a sick mind unless they were in a similar mental state as you!

Aha! Now I've got it! You think that anyone on A2K who doesn't recognize me to have a sick mind, also has a sick mind.

Now what does that say about your mind? Check with your psychiatrist. He'll tell you. He'll not only tell you, he will diagnose the cause of your problem. He may even help you solve it. Bring lots of bucks!

Success!

It's easy to identify a sick mind like yours. Do you know who Ivins is? Same-o same-o as you. Nobody needs to refer to a psychiatrist to diagnose people like you or Ivins.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 12:28 pm
parados wrote:

Have you ever read 1984 by George Orwell? Did you understand any of it? You repeatedly spout things that are the official government party line and you believe them in spite of any evidence to the contrary. Opposing the government can not really be classified as the "oppressive party"

Today's Liberal Coveter Pacifiers are much like George Orwell's "Party" in 1984.

George Orwell in NINETEEN EIGHTY-FOUR, published June 1949, wrote:

http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/o79n/

Part II, Chapter IX
The two aims of the Party are to conquer the whole surface of the earth and to extinguish once and for all the possibility of independent thought. There are therefore two great problems which the Party is concerned to solve. One is how to discover, against his will, what another human being is thinking, and the other is how to kill several hundred million people in a few seconds without giving warning beforehand.

Part III, Chapter II
Reality exists in the human mind, and nowhere else. Not in the individual mind, which can make mistakes, and in any case soon perishes: only in the mind of the Party, which is collective and immortal. Whatever the Party holds to be the truth, is truth. It is impossible to see reality except by looking through the eyes of the Party. That is the fact that you have got to relearn, Winston. It needs an act of self-destruction, an effort of the will. You must humble yourself before you can become sane.

Part III, Chapter III
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just round the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin to understand me?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 01:53 pm
teenyboone wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
RexRed wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
RexRed wrote:
The vanilla bean has a dark skin... Smile

Jimmy Carter has a tan... Smile

Carter is a nut not a bean... Smile

Yes, and Obama fell from the same bush... Very Happy

Since when? Carter is a Southern peanut farmer, born and raised under segregation in Georgia. Obama was raised in Hawaii by a white mother, who was an anthropologist. He was raised in several countries, through no fault of his own, graduated from Harvard, while Carter graduated from the Naval Academy! Where's the likeness! Carter is a fair white man, that can't be in the sun, (skin cancer)! Obama has natural melanin, that all persons of African descent posess, which allows US to tan!

You're a blooming idiot, to find comparisons, where there ARE none! Cool

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_073108/content/01125106.Par.39917.ImageFile.jpg
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 02:17 pm
ican711nm wrote:
JTT wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
JTT wrote:
ican711nm wrote:
You think George Bush is actually the one trying to stifle the USA's economy by stifling USA efforts to increase drilling for crude oil from domestic oil rich reserves.Question Shocked

Nope, he's just doing what he's always done, trying to cover the enormous errors in judgment with glib, poorly thought out appeals to the large group of ignorant people who elected him. And guess what, it works sometimes. We see it in your every post.

Oh, then you do not disagree that the liberal coveter pacifiers are emulating George Orwell's oppressive "Party" in their effort to stifle the USA's economy by blocking USA efforts to increase drilling for crude oil in domestic oil rich reserves like ANWR.

Your elevator definitely doesn't go to your top floor.

Laughing
All my elevators are attached to the airplanes I pilot. All those airplanes fly higher than the tallest building in the world.

I've never seen an airplane with an elevator attached to it.
Does the elevator go to the originating point of the flight, or does it sort of skim along the ground?

Also, how would it work on trans-oceanic flights or on polar flights?
Would it sort of retract or would it hang below the aircraft?

Also, exactly what class of aircraft have the attached elevators?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 04:11 pm
MM - I'm not sure if you're just having fun or joking, but just in case, ican is referring to control surfaces on the plane...

T
K
O
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 04:25 pm
I'm sure mm is being sarcastic with his post to ican. I thought it was pretty funny!
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 07:22 pm
mysteryman wrote:

I've never seen an airplane with an elevator attached to it.
Does the elevator go to the originating point of the flight, or does it sort of skim along the ground?

Also, how would it work on trans-oceanic flights or on polar flights?
Would it sort of retract or would it hang below the aircraft?

Also, exactly what class of aircraft have the attached elevators?

Laughing
The pilots of all fixed-wing aircraft wear elevator shoes ... well maybe not all ... well maybe only some ... well maybe none ...

OH WHAT THE HELL, HOW ABOUT SOME ELEVATOR GROUND SCHOOL?

The elevators attached to fixed-wing airplanes have low status. At most two of them are attached to the airplane, and they are attached to the airplane's rear end. That is, they are attached to the horizontal stabilizer part of the aircraft's empennage (that's French for the airplane's tail assembly). They are required to go up, down, or level, together. In some airplanes the entire empennage goes up, down, or level, together.

Don't let the elevators on any airplane you are riding learn about the ACLU. The ACLU might convince them to act independently of each other and destroy the whole culture of the airplane.

The elevators are not completelly controllable by pushbuttons. They are also controllable by a wheel or stick. They are connected to wheels or sticks by cables, and are held in politically correct positions determined by the pilot, or by another wheel called a trim wheel and/or by a push button called a trim button. When you want the airplane to go down, you usurp the authority of the trim wheel or button and push a wheel or stick forward. When you want the aircraft to go up, you usurp the authority of the trim wheel or button and you pull a wheel or stick backward. When you want the aircraft to go level you push or pull a wheel or stick somewhere in between and, if you like, adjust the trim wheel or button accordingly.

CAUTION: Don't do this alone without a flight instructor ... unless a flight instructor says you can. But first, make sure the flight instructor is certified but sane.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 07:40 am
H2O_MAN wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
RexRed wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
RexRed wrote:
The vanilla bean has a dark skin... Smile

Jimmy Carter has a tan... Smile

Carter is a nut not a bean... Smile

Yes, and Obama fell from the same bush... Very Happy

Since when? Carter is a Southern peanut farmer, born and raised under segregation in Georgia. Obama was raised in Hawaii by a white mother, who was an anthropologist. He was raised in several countries, through no fault of his own, graduated from Harvard, while Carter graduated from the Naval Academy! Where's the likeness! Carter is a fair white man, that can't be in the sun, (skin cancer)! Obama has natural melanin, that all persons of African descent posess, which allows US to tan!

You're a blooming idiot, to find comparisons, where there ARE none! Cool

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_073108/content/0112
106.Par.39917.ImageFile.jpg

You're also stupid! Cool
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:46 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
I'm sure mm is being sarcastic with his post to ican. I thought it was pretty funny!

It was meant as sarcasm.
Its hard to do sarcasm in print.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:16 pm
Some random thoughts...

I had a long, animated conversation with another sergeant that works at the same hospital as I. He calls himself an "Independent", but he has been outspoken against Obama and for McCain since it came down to those two. He is also black like me. I spent over an hour talking to him (time I probably should've spent doing something productive and work-related, I admit), but we had been making little remarks either pro our candidate or against the other for a long time, and it seemed like it needed some clarification between us.

I think I may have gotten a little insight into a couple of things that might scare some people about Obama. Well, maybe not 'insight' in the sense that I understand it better now, but in the sense that I got a good close-up look at the fear on someone's face. One fear is that he is really secretly Muslim. At one point SGT T said "I just can't be sure he's not Barack HUSSEIN Obama, you know what I mean?" I countered that the facts don't support thiat idea, but I didn't make a dent. It seems fear of some things can imbed in some people's hearts regardless of the truth or untruth of that thing.

Another thing was that I got the distinct feeling that SGT T may be worried that Obama might make blacks look bad. He wasn't explicit about this - it was more me reading between the lines. But I think a lot of black people have the fear that if he gets in there and makes a colossal mess in some way, it will validate all of the doubts about a black man in the white house.

In a thread I started months and maybe years ago, I dealt with a sort of phenomenon that happens among blacks (and I asked if it happens among other groups of people). It happens in situations like, if a black person gets on a city bus drunk and disheveled, I think it embarrases the other blacks on board the bus. When a criminal's picture is shown and it happens to be a black person, I think a lot of black people say to themselves "Damn! Wish it wasn't a black person!" because they somehow feel on some level it reflects on them. I know on an anecdotal level this happens, because I've talked openly with other blacks about it. I am not presuming to speak for all black people.

I think some of that kind of insecurity affects how some blacks think about a prospective Obama presidency.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:25 pm
snood wrote:
Some random thoughts...

Another thing was that I got the distinct feeling that SGT T may be worried that Obama might make blacks look bad. He wasn't explicit about this - it was more me reading between the lines. But I think a lot of black people have the fear that if he gets in there and makes a colossal mess in some way, it will validate all of the doubts about a black man in the white house.

Snood, I'd say looking JUST at the last 8 years would disabuse anyone of ever having a thought like that EVER again.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:26 pm
mysteryman wrote:
cicerone imposter wrote:

It was meant as sarcasm.
Its hard to do sarcasm in print.

I thought it was pretty clear and pretty good, MM.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:29 pm
Thank you snood. Just a thought. You are in the military, how do you feel about African Americans in leadership roles? I know the Navy has come out and said that they don't feel like they've done more talking than action on diversifying the ranks.

Thoughts?
K
O
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:30 pm
snood wrote:
In a thread I started months and maybe years ago, I dealt with a sort of phenomenon that happens among blacks (and I asked if it happens among other groups of people). It happens in situations like, if a black person gets on a city bus drunk and disheveled, I think it embarrases the other blacks on board the bus. When a criminal's picture is shown and it happens to be a black person, I think a lot of black people say to themselves "Damn! Wish it wasn't a black person!" because they somehow feel on some level it reflects on them. I know on an anecdotal level this happens, because I've talked openly with other blacks about it. I am not presuming to speak for all black people.

I used to react the same way you did when I saw a Japanese in print or on tv that was reporting a criminal behavior or some negative behavior. However, I have come to realize that all cultures are not immune to one of their own making the wrong decisions of crime or personal behavior. That's the reason why no matter how well developed any country may be,
there will always be the criminal justice system in an effort to reduce crime. I see it as "normal" with all the warts and defects of humanity.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:36 pm
snood wrote:

This does in fact happen to other, not just black, identifiable groups as well: racial, gender, ethnic, religious, wealth, employer, trade, professional, and political groups.

My primary reason for not voting for Barack Obama is he advocates the same thing as Hillary Clinton. He advocates: government stealing from successful businesses and individuals in order to make charitable contributions to those who covet what others possess and who will vote for such advocates.

I'm a white guy who'd vote for Thomas Sowell in a Texas two-step. His blackness is not an issue any more than Barack Obama's blackness is an issue. It is his real knowledge of economics and the consequences of economic actions that makes him a far better candidate than either McCain or Obama.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:37 pm
Diest TKO wrote:
Thank you snood. Just a thought. You are in the military, how do you feel about African Americans in leadership roles? I know the Navy has come out and said that they don't feel like they've done more talking than action on diversifying the ranks.

Thoughts?
K
O

Not sure exactly what you're asking - It's sort of a broad question.

But I'll give a shot at an answer.

I "feel" like there is a wide spectrum of competency represented among blacks just as among any other group. There are people who are black who seem born to take charge and to whom people gravitate, and who lead with firmness and fairness. I've known a few. At the other end there are spineless idiots who are black that I wouldn't want to follow to the office water cooler, much less under arms into a hostile area. I've known some of them too.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 01:38 pm
In the Texas two-step, you go backwards quite often. LOL
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:36 pm
ican, if you read only a very little, you must know that the income and wealth of the rich have been really soaring for years, while the middle class has slipped somewhat, and the poor are sinking fast.

In view of this, what is wrong with some action to correct this? Do you really want the USA to be in essence another Latin country in which the income and wealth are concentrated in a few families, while the remainder of the population live in relative squalor?

Keep in mind that history shows that terrible discord grows out of this situation, not to mention the terrible unfairness of it all.
0 Replies